Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Goodnight Titans

There is a strange presence in Jump City. Something strange lying behind all of the ominous snow. The Titans will have their hands full trying to figure out the mystery, but somehow a homeless boy might help them find the answers.

Chapter 7 - Goodnight Titans

Chapter 7 - Goodnight Titans


Chapter 7

Goodnight Titans



The titans had just finished cleaning up the streets of their fight with the Yeti Boy Gang. The last police car was speeding away as Cyborg and Beast Boy did victory dances. “Those guys had some pretty good moves, but they were nothing compared to Beast Boy.” Beast Boy said, spinning around and doing the moon walk.

Cyborg looked at the clock in his arm and smiled at the others. “It's only four minutes past midnight, we still have time for a pizza celebration before bed.” Cyborg said, rubbing his stomach.

Raven sighed and looked over at Tom, who still seemed to act a little shy around them. She walked over to him slowly, hoping not to surprise him. “Thanks.” Raven said to Tom quietly.

Tom looked a little confused. “For what?” He asked innocently, scratching his head as though he didn't know what she was talking about.

Raven watched him scratch his head for a moment before answering his question. “For saving my life.” She said slowly, as though speaking to a child.

Tom nodded in understanding. “No need to thank me, any of the others would have done the same thing.” Tom said as he watched the others argue over whether or not they should get a pizza.

Raven watched Tom as he laughed at Beast Boy and Cyborg fighting over what pizza topping to get. “But none of the others were able to save me… You were there, to save me when no one else could… That's why I'm thanking you.” Raven explained to Tom slowly.

Tom smiled at Raven. “I was just keeping my promise… I'll be there to help anytime you need it… Besides, you'd do the same for me.” Tom told Raven, sounding more confidant then he had before.

Raven just stood there and let Tom's words sit in her mind as she watched him walk over to Beast Boy and Cyborg. Robin and Starfire waked up next to Raven and watched Tom with her. Tom began to play in the snow, throwing some at Cyborg and Beast Boy to get their attention. “He seems… Happier then when we met him.” Starfire said quietly.

Robin nodded. “I thing he actually trusts us… I though it might take longer, but Tom seems to be more comfortable with us now.” Robin said, watching Tom throw a snow ball at Cyborg.

Raven smiled as she saw Tom laughing and playing with Cyborg and Beast Boy. “It's because he knows we can be like a family to him… We can be the thing he has lived without for so long.” Raven whispered, almost to herself. “The thing Tom needed most was a family… he found us.”

Cyborg and Beast Boy worked together to form a large snow ball, Tom had made a slightly small snow ball. “We're going to make a snow man… Hopefully, this one doesn't try to dance.” Beast Boy said jokingly, as Tom lifted the smaller snow ball onto the larger one.

Robin and Starfire went to make the snow man's head, leaving Raven to watch. She simply rested against a car that hadn't been flipped over and watched her friends make a snow man.

When Robin and Starfire put the head in the snow man, Cyborg took a bunch of spare parts and old batteries on it to make a face. “Would you look at that… The cutting edge in snow man technology.” Cyborg said, stepping back to let the others take a look.

The group had a laugh, then Robin gave the signal to head home. “We'll get pizza later… we should get some rest now, unless someone else decides to make trouble tonight.” Robin said as he turned to walk home.

It didn't take long to get home, they were all eager to get a good night's rest. They all said their good nights and went to their rooms. Cyborg had cleared out a room for Tom. The room used to be for storage, but was now an empty room ready to be personalized. Tom sat on the large bed and relaxed a bit before lying down and falling asleep.

Raven sat in her room, not ready to sleep just yet. She practiced her meditation for a while. “Azerath Metrion Zinthos.” Raven chanted repeatedly, calming her mind and clearing all thought.

Tom wasn't asleep for very long before he found himself in a nightmare. It was the same one that had been plaguing him all month. He was standing on the highest mountain top in the world, all Tom could see below were clouds. He felt calm and peaceful before he looked up into the sky. Something beyond terrifying was looming above the earth waiting to swoop down and snuff out all existence. It was a dragon, one far grater in size then Tom's mind could imagine. The dragon was big enough to take up half sky, even though Tom could tell that it wasn't even past the moon yet. It simply floated there, waiting for Tom to notice it. “Eh amu gumuenex thu Iarothe.” The dragon roared, nearly deafening Tom, despite the fact that it was nowhere near earth yet.

Tom knew the language the dragon was speaking, it was the same language he used when he was figuring out if he could trust the titans. “I am coming to Earth.” Tom thought as the dragon roared. Tom felt the same panic he felt every time he had this dream, like he was completely helpless. Tom looked back up at the dragon as it got ready to speak again. “Psuy shehll liade mui.” It roared, causing Tom to fall to his knees. “You shall lead me.” Tom thought, as he heard the roar.

Tom looked up at the dragon and felt the fear build up in his gut. “I can't… I won't let this thing come to earth.” Tom told himself, trying to stand. The dragon bared its sharp, oddly shaped teeth at Tom, who then began to scream uncontrollably out of fear. The dragon was done talking to Tom, it swung a single claw at Tom to knock him off the mountain. Even though the dragon was so far away, it was able to reach the earth easily. Its one claw was easily the size of the entire eastern hemisphere. Tom closed his eyes and waited for death, only to wake up to the sound of his own screaming.

Raven heard Tom screaming and got up to see what was going on. When she knocked on his door, Tom answered, looking very scared. “What happened?” Raven asked, Tom urgently.

Tom was breathing heavily, as though he had just seen the most horrifying thing in his entire life. He took a deep breath before giving his answer. “I… just had a bad dream.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

terry_titanqueen on January 13, 2006, 12:38:07 PM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenWHOA!!!!! that is.... that is..... i can't find a good enough word for it!!!!! 0.0

cyborggirl on January 8, 2006, 9:26:24 AM

cyborggirl on
cyborggirlOoooooooooooooooooooo suspense! LOVE IT!