Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - A meeting of the minds

There is a strange presence in Jump City. Something strange lying behind all of the ominous snow. The Titans will have their hands full trying to figure out the mystery, but somehow a homeless boy might help them find the answers.

Chapter 9 - A meeting of the minds

Chapter 9 - A meeting of the minds


Chapter 9

A meeting of the minds



Not far away from the home of the titans, a meeting between some of the city's darkest minds was occurring. In the top floor of a new tall tower in the down town area, three evil-hearted masterminds met to discuss a common goal. At the end on a long table near a window overlooking the city, the man who organized the meeting sat and smiled at his guests. He was dressed in a fancy, black, pinstripe suit, similar to the style of suit his workers wore, only they wore grey. “I am glad to see that you trusted me enough to come on your own… Everyone else I work with would suspect that I'm going to start trouble and bring a whole army.” The suit wearing man said smugly.

The suit wearing man held out his hand, the tall man standing next to him handed him a folder. “Thank you Mr. Cougar.” The suited man said quietly as he opened the folder. The folder had information on the two guests he had invited to the meeting. “I trust that none of us have met before, so let's get the introductions out of the way before we get down to business.” He said, putting down the folder and looking at his two guests. He held out his hand to the person sitting at the right side of the table. “Slade, welcome to my place of business, thank you for coming on such short notice.” He said, not sounding very sincere. He motioned over to the person sitting to his left. “Grand Profit Freeman, same to you.” He said quickly as he stood up and looked at the folder he was handed. “My name is Larry Dennison… Now that we have all that out of the way, we can get down to business.” He said, looking at his information on Slade.

Slade was not a man who had the patience for simple niceties. “What did you call us here for…? I am a busy man and I don't like having my time wasted for no reason.” He said sounding clam but very annoyed.

Profit Freeman nodded his head. “As am I Dennison… I'm not the kind of person who forgives wastefulness easily.” He said, not sounding nearly as calm as Slade.

Dennison grinned as he looked through the folder he was given. “I assure you, I have a good reason for calling you both here… From what my sources have gathered, we have a common goal.” Dennison said, laying the folder on the table. “All of us are searching for the same person… a young man who goes by the name Tom… of course, my sources are limited and a little hard to trust sometimes… but I'm sure this information is accurate.”

Slade was listening to Dennison closely. “Your sources must be quite efficient at gathering information… I'm impressed that you have found out about my search.” Slade said, sounding more angry then he had before. “It's true that I'm searching for the boy… but what business is that of yours?”

Dennison chuckled at Slade's question. “The boy belongs to me… You can't have him unless I say you can. That is the reason I've called this meeting, I want to know why you are after this boy.” Dennison said, picking the folder up and handing it to Mr. Cougar.

Profit Freeman was outraged by Dennison's reason for the meeting. “You dare to say that you own this boy when he is clearly the property of my congregation! How dare you, call us here to demand to know our intentions. I swear to you, Dennison, if you make an enemy of The Followers of Rashiel, you will live only long enough to regret it!” Freeman shouted, slamming his fists on the table at the end of his rant.

Slade was standing and looking coldly at Dennison. “Why would you need us to tell you of our goals, don't you sources know of our plans?”

Dennison shook his head and held is hands out at his guests. “Gentlemen, please, keep it civilized. We are not here to shout or ask stupid questions… But to answer your stupid question, Slade, I already said my sources are limited and hard to trust sometimes.” Dennison said, walking over to his chair. Dennison stood in front of his chair and leaned on the table with his hands. “Now here is the deal… you two tell me what you want Tom for and we might be able to work something out.”

Profit Freeman stood up and pushed his chair away. “The Followers will not give away the secret of the congregation to a heretic such as you! The boy will be ours until we no longer need him… after that, he will be as those who has past from this plane.” The profit said, walking to the door. “After The Followers are done with him… you may have him.”

Dennison snapped his fingers and Mr. Cougar snapped to attention. “Advocate, retrieve!” Dennison shouted, pointing at the profit. Mr. Cougar was in front of the profit in the blink of an eye, he shoved him back to the table and back to his seat. “I'm afraid for what I need Tom for he has to be alive for at least a while.” Dennison said as Mr. Cougar held the profit to the chair by his shoulder. “That's enough Mr. Cougar… I'm sure Mr. Freeman will be more then happy to make a deal now.” Dennison said, shooing Mr. Cougar away with a lazy gesture.

Slade sat back down and folded his arms over his chest. “Neither of you will get the boy… he will be mine to train… I know of his skills and his great potential for power… If we are done here, I have things to take care of.” Slade said, standing up again and beginning to walk out of the room. “If you are smart… you would not get in the way of my plans.” He said over his shoulder coldly.

Dennison laughed at Slade's threat. “If you say so Slade… but you should know, you threats are little more then empty here.” Dennison said as he watched Slade leave. Mr. Cougar was eagerly awaiting his order to go after Slade, he seemed to be waiting for it impatiently. Dennison leaned over to Mr. Cougar and whispered. “Don't kill him yet… we might need him later.” The he pointed at the door and shouted. “Advocate, capture!”

The profit seemed more tense now that he saw that Dennison wasn't afraid of the power of The Followers. “What is it you request?” Profit Freeman asked, sounding more timid now.

Dennison laughed and went to the large window overlooking the city, nothing could be seen through the falling snow but Dennison looked out at the city anyway. “Only that you let me have Tom first… Only until he has made up for his father's transgressions.” Dennison said, jumping slightly at the sound of painful screaming coming from down the hall. “It seems Advocate let himself get a little carried away with our friend Slade… Oh well, a few broken bones never killed anyone important.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

terry_titanqueen on January 16, 2006, 10:47:52 PM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenhehehehe.... kill slade!!!!