Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Wakeup Call

There is a strange presence in Jump City. Something strange lying behind all of the ominous snow. The Titans will have their hands full trying to figure out the mystery, but somehow a homeless boy might help them find the answers.

Chapter 10 - Wakeup Call

Chapter 10 - Wakeup Call


Chapter 10

Wake up call



Robin woke up late in the morning when he felt the tower shaking. He woke up and mumbled a few incomprehensible curses when he heard a loud boom come from somewhere in the tower. Robin got up and went to find the source of the disturbance, it didn't take long when he followed the shaking and noise. It was coming from the training room. “I wonder what they're doing in there.” Robin said sarcastically as he opened the door. Robin saw Raven and Starfire standing close to the door and walked over to them. “What's going on?” He asked as he looked around the room.

Robin saw Tom sparring with Cyborg and Beast Boy. “They've been at it for hours… Cyborg wanted to see what Tom was capable of in combat so he challenged him to a match.” Raven said, watching as Tom quickly dodged one of Cyborg's punches then rolled behind Beast Boy and shoved him into Cyborg.

Starfire covered her eyes as Tom swung a graceful kick at Cyborg's head, but she peaked through her fingers just in time to see Cyborg put up his arm to block the kick. Tom's foot made contact with Cyborg's arm and Tom had to jump back for a minute to get the feeling back in his foot. “Beast Boy joined the battle on accident. He walked between them without realizing and they forgot to stop… They still do not show signs of stopping.” Starfire said in a sigh of relief.

Robin still felt a little sleepy, he began to regret staying up as late as he did. “Where they the ones making all the noise?” Robin asked, carefully watching Tom.

Raven and Starfire both shushed Robin and continued to watch the fight. Without any warning Tom dropped into an open stance and his eyes began to glow. Tom took a deep breath and began to move around Cyborg with amazing speed. Cyborg wasn't able to block all of Tom's super fast punches, so he swung on of his own and swatted Tom away. Beast Boy turned into a stegosaurus and swung his tail at Tom, but Tom regained his balance and caught it. Tom took another breath and swung Beast Boy by his tail and tossed him at Cyborg. Beast Boy turned back into a kid and toppled into Cyborg. Tom took another deep breath and ran at Cyborg, jumping high into the air to kick Cyborg from above. Cyborg caught Tom's foot and threw him to the floor, but Tom was able to catch himself. Tom stood up and was hit from the side by a green buffalo, Tom rolled back to the ground and let Cyborg catch him. Cyborg smiled when he saw that he had the upper hand and decided to defeat both Tom and Beast Boy at once, but Beast Boy didn't want to lose this match. Before Cyborg could throw Tom, Beast Boy charged and tried to ram Cyborg. While Cyborg was distracted with dodging Beast Boy, Tom pulled himself free and found that he had landed on Beast Boy's back. Beast Boy tried to buck Tom off as a bull, but Tom took a deep breath and punched Beast Boy unconscious. Beast Boy fell head first and Tom flew off, unfortunately Cyborg was standing right in front of him. Tom took one more deep breath and grabbed Cyborg's shoulders, Tom pulled himself up to kick Cyborg while Cyborg charged up his sonic cannon. Tom knee meet with Cyborg's chin at the same time Cyborg fired his sonic cannon, both fighters flew to opposite ends of the room before the fell to the floor unconscious. The shaking in the tower finally stopped when all three of the fighters stopped moving.

Robin was speechless by this time, they were all fighting more intensely then he had ever seen them fight. “You said they were fighting like that for hours?” Robin asked Raven when they went to see if all of their friends were okay.

Raven checked Tom and Beast Boy for injuries and was relieved to find that they were just too tired to keep fighting. “They started a while ago… Cyborg wanted to know about Tom's powers. Tom's powers seem to be some sort of energy manipulation. He can control where his energy is focused, meaning he is able to change his strengths at will. He can make himself faster one second, then switch to being stronger, of tougher, or even smarter.” Raven explained, trying to tap on Beast Boy to wake him up.

Tom got up and helped Cyborg to his feet. “That sonic cannon really packs a punch.” Tom said in a complementary tone. “I'm glad I'm not one of your enemies… I'd hate to be hit by that more then once.”

Cyborg smiled and patted Tom on the back. “You got quite a strong kick… I'm glad we on the same team too.” Cyborg said, almost laughing. They both helped Beast Boy to his feet and they all shared a laugh.

Beast Boy, Cyborg and Tom compared their new wounds and talked about the different moves they used in the fight while the others just stood back and watched. Robin watched them and was beginning to see that they had become best friends over the course of the fight. It was a strange way to get to know someone, but Robin could understand the feeling, after all, that was how he came to trust the others so much. “Alright guys… I think you all had enough… It's my turn to get to know Tom.” Robin said, stepping onto the sparring mat.

Starfire seemed worried. “But Tom has not yet had a chance to rest and recover from his last fight… it would not be fair to ask him to fight again so soon.” She said, watching Robin walk onto the mat as Beast Boy and Cyborg left.

Tom watched Robin walk onto the mat, he smiled at Starfire confidently. “Don't worry Starfire, I'll be alright.” Tom told her to ease her concern.

Raven watched Tom as he stood in a ready fighting stance, waiting for Robin to make the first attack. “Tom knows what he's doing Starfire.” Raven said to Starfire calmly, even though she felt the same concern for Tom as Starfire did. “Be careful.” She whispered under her breath.

Robin and Tom charged each other at the same time, both ready for a long battle. “I'm not going to hold anything back… I'm going to fight with everything I have!” Tom warned Robin, smiling as Robin blocked one of his kicks.

Robin returned the smile, this was going to be a good fight. “I wouldn't want to fight you if you said otherwise.” Robin said, attempting a counter attack. Tom dodged Robin's attack and got ready to throw another kick. Robin saw that Tom was determined to continue the fight. “We have something in common… I won't hold back anything either.”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

terry_titanqueen on January 16, 2006, 10:48:22 PM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueeni love the way u have them fight!!!! ^-^