Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Long Lost Brother

There is a strange presence in Jump City. Something strange lying behind all of the ominous snow. The Titans will have their hands full trying to figure out the mystery, but somehow a homeless boy might help them find the answers.

Chapter 11 - Long Lost Brother

Chapter 11 - Long Lost Brother


Chapter 11

Long lost Brother



The titans decided to get pizza after they had all wiped themselves out in the training room. They were all piled in the T car, Robin and Cyborg took the front seats and let the others sit in the back. Tom and Beast Boy were joking and teasing each other while the others just sat and laughed at them. “You're just jealous that you aren't green.” Beast Boy said, posing like he was being photographed for a magazine.

Tom laughed and nodded his head. “You got me there.” Tom said, pretending to be jealous.

Cyborg and Robin talked about the upgrades to the training simulator and all of the other stuff Cyborg had been working on for a while. “It shouldn't be too long before I get it working like it should… maybe another day, if I feel lazy about it.” Cyborg said in response to one of Robin's questions about the simulator.

Robin nodded and looked out the window for a while, it was still snowing, but it could be seen though. “Try to finish it as soon as possible… we could use the practice, if only to maintain our current abilities.” Robin said as he watched a few buildings pass by. Robin looked in a mirror and saw that Tom and Beast Boy were still teasing each other, he looked back out the window and took a deep breath. “Tom needs that training the most… He hasn't gotten a chance to learn how to use any of our vehicles yet.”

Cyborg looked back at Tom quickly, then looked back at the road. “He hasn't even managed to make his own uniform yet… He looks weird having to wear Beast Boy's clothes.” Cyborg said as they approached a red light. “We should help him out with some clothes before we make him learn to pilot the T ship.”

Robin nodded. “I guess so… But he still needs to be trained soon.” Robin said, watching as they got closer and closer to the pizza place.

The Titans enjoyed a nice quiet lunch, even though they couldn't sit at their normal table on account of the snow. The snow seemed to be endless, it had not stopped for almost two weeks. The Titans tried to ignore the falling powder and just tried to eat their pizza as though they were not bothered by the snow. Tom was glad to share a pizza with his new friends, it was the first pizza he had eaten in years. “I don't know how I survived without this stuff for so long.” Tom said, taking another slice.

It wasn't long before the titans finished their meal and left, they all felt happier that the snow had let up enough for them to go back to their regular routine. They got back into the car, but this time, they were a lot quieter. None of them really had to say anything, they all felt the same sense of joy. It felt as though the whole day hade gone right and nothing could change the mood, but unfortunately, something did.

A loud thump was heard on the roof of the T car, a huge dent formed around the area of the sound. Cyborg swerved and to a stop and was about to get out to see what hit them, but whatever it was on the roof decided to save him the trouble. A large fist slammed through the roof of the car and grabbed Tom by the throat. Tom, tried to struggle, but the hand's grip was too tight. Tom did the only thing he could think to do, he took as deep of a breath as he could and focused his energy into his right hand. With all of his strength, Tom punched through the roof of the car and was able to strike the owner of the strangling hand in the chin. The person on the roof of the T car went flying and let go of Tom, tom felt back to his seat and began to gasp for breath.

Cyborg looked around quickly to see where the insane attacker landed. “What the heck was that all about?” Cyborg asked, leaning out his window to see if he could find the attacker.

Tom looked up through the holes in the roof. “I have a really bad feeling about this.” Tom said, rubbing his throat and hoping he had gotten rid of who ever it was that was strangling him.

Robin was looking back at Tom, wondering who else could have been strong enough to punch through the roof of the car. “I didn't recognize the hand that attacked us… it didn't look like it belonged to anyone we know.” Robin said, turning back around and looking out the windshield. Robin saw someone standing in front of the car, he tapped Cyborg on the arm and pointed to the new person.

Everyone in the backseat could see the person standing in front of the car, he looked almost exactly like Tom. “I… don't believe it… Tony.” Tom sighed, his eyes getting wider as he recognized his older brother standing before them. “He's still alive.”

Tony grinned at the T car sinisterly as he charged it at full speed, Cyborg didn't know how to react to this sudden attack. Tony jumped at the car head first and held out his fists, smashing through the windshield and grabbing Tom before smashing through the rear window. “My brother is coming with me.” Tony shouted as he pressed a pressure point on Tom's neck, Tom gasped slightly before passing out. Tony reached into one of Tom's pockets and pulled out Tom's communicator and crushed it in his hands. “If any of you try to follow us… he sleeps for good.” Tony threatened as he slung Tom over his shoulder and jumped up to a near by street lamp and up to the roof of a short building.

After Tony got to the roof he disappeared from sight, the titans all jumped out of the T car and looked up at the roof of the building. “What… who… why did he…?” Was all Beast Boy could say as he tried to make sense of the loss of his new friend. “We have to do something.” Beast Boy said sounding frantic.

Robin was shocked that Tom was taken away so quickly, he was trying to think of something that could be done. There was a shocked and sad silence in the group, they were all too overwhelmed to notice that the snow had picked up again. Robin's mind worked as quickly as it could, but he couldn't think of anything. “Tom was taken by his brother… We have to figure out why.” Robin finally managed to say as he was being buried under the falling snow. “But we have to be careful… Tom might get hurt if aren't.” He turned to Beast Boy. “Go after him… you're the best at following trails and least likely to be noticed.” Robin said as he pointed up at the roof. Beast Boy nodded and turned into an eagle and flew in the direction Tony ran off with Tom.

Raven was looking up at the roof where Tony had disappeared with Tom. “What about the rest of us… there has to be something we can do.” Raven said, sounding very tense.

Starfire nodded and stepped closer to Robin. “We must be able to pursue Tom's evil brother… We can not allow him to hurt our friend.” Starfire said, eagerly awaiting the okay to fly after Tony.

Cyborg was patching up the holes in the T car as quickly as he could. “The T car is only damaged on the outside… it can still drive… if we hurry.” Cyborg said as he watched the snow fall faster.

Robin walked over to the T car and opened the door. “We going to follow Beast Boy… no one is taking a member of my team if I have any thing to say about it.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Maleficus on January 19, 2006, 9:31:05 PM

Maleficus on
MaleficusI know this might sound a little disapointing, but this will be my last chapter for about another week or so. I'm really sorry, to all you fans of my work, I wish I could have the whole story up right now... Unfortunately I've let myself get side tracked by a competition. Not to worry though, I will return with more chapters for this story, plus a whole new story for all you fans out there. I'll try not to be too long, have a nice week.

terry_titanqueen on January 16, 2006, 10:49:21 PM

terry_titanqueen on
terry_titanqueenooooooooooooooooooooo.... more more more MORE!!!!!! this story is unbeliveable!!!!