Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The beginning

my first Htf fanfic, NuttyRulez221 told me i should post this, so here ya go, flamers will be eaten by rabid flippy

Chapter 1 - The beginning

Chapter 1 - The beginning
Cuddles woke up one morning and looked outside, The sun was just beginning to rise. He stretched and slowly swung his feet over the side of his bed. He shuffled out to the living room and flipped on the TV. The weather channel showed a beautiful forecast for the week, and this gave Cuddles an idea. He picked up his cordless and called Giggles and asked her if she wanted to go to the beach. She was overjoyed and they decided to tell everyone about the idea.

Flippy had been up long before the sun had risen. He was taking a walk in the forest, he never felt his phone. The trees of the forest towered above him, the lush green of the grass lining the path reflected in his own fur. He trudged across a bridge, pausing momentarily to look down into his reflection on the pond's surface. a hardened veteran stared back at him. He sighed heavily, tore his gaze away from his reflection, and continued his walk. A short time later he felt something at his side vibrate. reaching into his pocket he brought out a cell phone which which vibrating wildly. The screen flashed "one new message!" He had wondered how he hadn't noticed this before, but pressed the send button to access his messages. Bringing the phone to his furry ear he listened as Cuddles explained the day's plans. They planned to leave at 12. It was already 11:30, Flippy at first thought he would not go but then something flashed through his mind. An old, familiar voice.
/Who are you?/
/Who are you?/
/but i thought.../
The voice receded into his mind, he snapped back to reality. He spun around and tore away through the forest as fast as his legs would carry him. Thoughts whipped through his head, he couldn't focus on just one. But one goal in his mind was certain, he must get back there before they left.

Cuddles scanned the area, everyone they called had shown up, except Flippy, he hadn't answered his phone or cell.
"oh well, prolly couldn't be bothered to come" Lumpy said as he noticed the look on Cuddles' face.
"yea, but i thought maybe he would, he always seems so... depressed...." His voice trailed off
Lumpy got up and started walking towards the bus,
"well, we should get goin' we're already leavin' later than we wanted to."
He got on the bus and Cuddles followed, walking past all of his friends and choosing a seat by himself.
He stared out the window as Lumpy fired up the bus and started to drive.
It was hot and all of the windows were down
That's when he heard it...

"Dammit, they're leaving!" Flippy sprinted faster, he feet pounded on the ground almost as hard as his heart pounded in his chest. He cried at the top of his lungs, "WAIT!!!"

Cuddles' eyes grew wide, "Lumpy!" he cried, "Can't you hear that?!"
Lumpy was humming along to the music coming from his headphones, totally oblivious to what was going on. Cuddles jumped up from his seat and ran up the bus aisle, he grabbed the headphones off of Lumpy's ears and screamed "STOP!"

Flippy was panting, he had just about given up when the bus in front of him came to a screeching halt. He tripped in surprise and fell on the dusty road. He scrambled up and got onto the bus. Avoiding the gazes of his "friends" he took a seat by Cuddles.
"I knew you would come!"
"heh..."
He was silent for the entire trip, occasionally gazing out the window at the changing scenery.
The sun was still high when they arrived at their destination. There was a mad dash to get off of the crowded bus into the fresh air. Everyone immediatly headed for the beach, the dropped their luggage in a shack that Lumpy had rented and then hurried to the changing tents.
Meanwhile Flippy was standing calmly by the shore, concocting a plan. When everyone went to sleep he would sneak off and do something he had wanted to do so long ago.
Lumpy layed quietly under his beach umbrella next to Sniffles who had decided he would much rather read than play in the water. He looked over his shades at Giggles and cuddles splashing each other in the water and Handy and Petunia making a sandcastle. Russel was out fishing in a boat with Pop and Cub. He heard a noise and looked towards the snack shack. Nutty was chasing Flaky around the shack, Flaky was screaming in that all too audible voice of his, trying to get away from Nutty and eat his peppermint candy ice cream in peace. Nutty dove at Flaky and pinned him to the ground. He grabbed his ice cream and ran across the beach... All hell broke loose...
Nutty inhaled the ice cream and went spastic. He tripped over Handy and Petunia's sandcastle into a bucket which got stuck on his head.
" Eeeeeeh! Who turned off tef lightsers?"
He stumbled blindly around and somehow winded up on the dock. Russel was just tieing up the boat when Nutty slammed into him and he flew over the edge into the mutant bunny shark infested waters. Cub screamed and Nutty whirled around in confusion.
"Ruffel? Where ou go?"
He went up to a pole and started to converse with it, Pop and Cub started to back away as the bucket-headed squirrel carried on a conversation with Ruffel the pole.
Meanwhile Russel had managed to clamber out of the water but was followed by the mutant shark bunnies who began to attack the beach dwellers. Lumpy jumped up but hit his head on the umbrella and it closed on him. Handy and Petunia hid inside their now elaborate sandcastle. Cuddles jumped into Giggles arms and she ran out of the water screaming bloody murder.
"BLOODY MURDER! BLOODY MURDER!"
They all ran to the beach shack and scrambled inside, they locked the door and barricaded it with an extremely large unsightly dresser.
Flippy was sitting on top of the snack shack, apparently they had forgotten him, he had seen them all flee into the shack and he knew he couldn't get there in time so he had scrambled up on the roof. He peered over the edge at the rabid drooling bunny shark mutants snarling at him. He sighed and leaned back. The sun was begining it's descent and Flippy hoped the mutant bunny sharks would give it up. The sun was setting when they stopped their snarling and receded to the water. Flippy landed silently on the ground and started walking across the beach. He peered inside Handy and Petunia's sandcastle and immediatly drew back.
"uh, sorry"
Blushing, he made his way to the beach shack and knocked on the door.
"W-who is it?"
"Your worst nightmare"
Ironically enough the door opened and Flippy was pulled inside by Flaky. Flippy took in the room,
"interesting choice of decor..."
Lumpy walked up to him
"Yer number 7"
"Sure"
He trudged to his room and slowly twisted the knob, the door opened silently and he stepped inside, closing the door behind him. He flicked the lights on and got a good look at his room. Well, he couldn't say he hated it, there was a stereo perched on the windowsil, the bed was camo, and he had a tv/dvd player complete with video games.
"I guess i could get used to this"
He flopped down on the bed and drifted asleep...............
........."Who are you?"
"W-whaa...t?"
"are you hurt?"
"*cringe*"
"Relax.... You'll be ok"
I-I remeber now... the face, in a halo of light, so sweet, so understanding... I remember blood all around, my blood, they were bathed in it, their hands, their face, i was so sure I was going to die, I could no longer feel the pain... Then I closed my eyes, the last thing i remeber was that smile... When I awakened there was noone there, I was alone on the battlefield, my comrads dead around me... I checked every person there, just to be sure... They weren't there, did they get away?....
I must go there.... now
Flippy sat up in horror, he was drenched in sweat. He fell forward off of his bed and scrambled into a sitting position, He checked his watch, 11:47.... Without thinking he sprang up from the floor and immediatly went into stealth mode. Being careful not to disturb anyone he crept from his room and silently padded down the hall. Lumpy was sprawled on a couch in the living room, the dresser was still blocking the door.
"@#&%!" he swore under his breath
He saw a window in the corner of the room, right above Lumpy...
Being as quiet as he could, he tiptoed over to the couch and placed one foot on it. Lumpy didn't move. He hoisted himself up and stood above Lumpy. Lumpy twitched, Flippy winced. Lumpy rolled over and wrapped his arms around Flippy's legs.
"O_o"
what will happen? find out in the next episode of..... uh, the happy super whee happy tree friends vacation episode with lots of flippy!
*cheesy theme music plays*


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ILurvSouthPark on April 3, 2006, 8:08:44 AM

ILurvSouthPark on
ILurvSouthParkMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOW! I REQUEST IT!

x_Tess_The_Slorg_x on January 27, 2006, 10:21:08 AM

x_Tess_The_Slorg_x on
x_Tess_The_Slorg_xWow. 'Tis very cool. I likes a lot. x) -faves-

NuttyRulez221 on January 23, 2006, 9:52:05 AM

NuttyRulez221 on
NuttyRulez221WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I LOVES IT! *faves*