Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Love is in the air?

my first Htf fanfic, NuttyRulez221 told me i should post this, so here ya go, flamers will be eaten by rabid flippy

Chapter 3 - Love is in the air?

Chapter 3 - Love is in the air?
We join Candie in her predicament with Flippy....

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

She had been doing this for about ten minutes and realized it wasn't helping her escape so she stopped and continued sprinting. Flippy was catching up to her and she was running out of breath. Now she wished she and Cami had followed through with their plans to join a gym.

"Yay!"

Cami's house was in sight, Candie put on an extra burst of speed and practically slammed into the front door. Finding it locked she began banging on it.

"CAMI!!! CAMI!!!"

She whirled around and Flippy was right behind her, there was no where to run, she screamed. After about 30 seconds of screaming she peeked out from behind her CD player. Her sister Star was standing there.

"STAR?!"

Candie beamed

"Uh, how'd ya get here?"

"wouldn't you like to know?"

She flashed a smile that made Candie uneasy, and she pondered for a moment just how her sister does that. She shrugged and looked down to see an unconcious Flippy laying with his face in the dirt.

"Wow, you know how to own 'em!"

Star got off of Flippy and picked him up, depositing him in the extremely thorny rose bushes on stage right she lifted up Cami's doormat and grabbed a key,

"Here ya goes!"

"Uh, thanks!"

Candie turned around and stuck the key in the door, it clicked and she swung it open and stepped inside.

"Cami?"

Star spotted her on the floor and ran past Candie to where the military bear lay.

"oh no! is she ok?"

Candie joined Star beside Cami, cautiously she checked her pulse, then fell back anime style.

"What? is she ok?!"

"she's....... sleeping..."

Star laughed nervously, "well that's good, i thought something was wrong for a second there..."

Cami opened her eyes "OMFG what am I doing here?!"

She jumped up into some karate position.

"oh, heya."

She relaxed, and Candie was about to tell her what happened when an extremely loud and unmanly yell could be heard from outside... The three of them ran to check it out, they found Flippy, who was now quite concious, thrashing violently around in the rose bush, thorns stuck practically everywhere in his body.

"EEEEEHHHH!!!!"

Star made a disturbed face, "I didn't know guys could make that noise"

Cami just stood there shocked, Candie waved her hand in front of her face to no avail. Finally she stomped on her foot and got only a twinge of reaction.

"CAMIIIIIII!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile Star was "assisting" Flippy out of the rosebush, she dropped him on the ground in front of Cami. He got up, flinching from the thorns...

"uh.... long time no see?"

"..............."

She didn't say anything for about a minute then unexpectedly jumped at him, knocking him over and introducing him once again to the ground. She held onto him for a long time...

"It's really you.... I can't believe..." Tears came to her eyes, she trailed off...

.../wow.... it's really him, but I'm so guilty, I mean, but how could i not save him? Then i would be the monster, but it's not even his fault... I can still love him for who he is, nobody's perfect... I wouldn't be hapy with someone who was anyways... But can I forgive myself? He is a constant reminder... I'll just see what happens, right now, I'll live for today.../

She got up and held out her hand to help him up, he took it without hesitation and she pulled him to his feet. They looked longingly into each other's eyes, neither of them knowing they were doing it. Star edged over behind Flippy as did Candie with Cami and they casually nudged the two veteran bears closer together.

"Well, we'll leave you two alone, see ya later!"

And with that Candie and Star left, walking off side by side, sister by sister.

Cami gestured toward the door,

"You must have been traveling for a while, come inside?"

"Sure."

Sunset found our "couple" sitting outside, staring up at the soft pallet of a sky. Flippy turned his head to Cami,

"Do you think... well er, would you be interested in coming back with me? I mean, not to live there, just to visit? Go someplace new?" He was also thinking that the animals at the beach would be wondering where he was, and also they would be leaving to go back soon.

"Uh, ok, I mean, I should prolly pack some stuff..."

"Yea, sure, of course, whatever you want!"

"Ok, when do we leave?"

"Tommorrow would be best, not to complain... But I am tiiiiired....."

"That's fine! I wouldn't want you to be like that traveling anyways, hmmmm, ok, you can have the couch, or I could, if you want the bed..."

He nodded sleepily, then his head rolled softly down onto his chest. Cami smiled sweetly,

"Goodnight."

She carried him into the house and set him down on the couch, feeling tired herself, she sat down beside him and she too fell asleep...

"Hey Birdwick, you sure about this?" Lifty looked unsure as he peered into the darkness.

"'Course I'm sure, and DON'T CALL ME THAT!"

Lifty cringed slightly... His eyes grew slightly watery and he stifled a sniffle... "o-ok bro... s-sowy..."

Shifty's gaze softened, he ruffled the fur on his brother's head, "Hey, it's ok kid, c'mon, let's go, you'll be safe with me."

They started into the woods after Flippy, who had been gone for longer than he thought he had, and Lifty sidled up closer to his bro, and like the adorable little racoon he was, he silently took his hand... And although he couldn't see it, Shifty smiled.




AWWWWWW IT'S SO CUTE!!!!




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NuttyRulez221 on January 27, 2006, 11:49:12 AM

NuttyRulez221 on
NuttyRulez221Whee! It is sooooo cute! I can't wait for Chappie 4! *runs around in circles*