Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - back to the beach

my first Htf fanfic, NuttyRulez221 told me i should post this, so here ya go, flamers will be eaten by rabid flippy

Chapter 4 - back to the beach

Chapter 4 - back to the beach

Sunlight stole through the open shades and alighted on Cami's face, she opened her eyes sleepily... She was going to get up, but noticed a snoring Flippy on her lap. Sighing, she lay back into the couch and let herself drift away...

.../She was back on the battlefield.... She looked down at all the dead, looking almost innocent laying like that, she bent down by one, his very soul seemed to be pierced by the curved sword protruding from his chest. His head was rolled to the side, with that same sleepy look..../

"NO!" Her forehead was beaded with sweat, she looked down to see Flippy still laying there, she hadn't woken him up... and he was fine... She didn't want to risk dreaming again, so she softly lifted his head and slid off of the couch. Placing a pillow under his head she walked to her room to begin packing...


"Lifty?!" Shifty's eyes were panicky

"Right here!" Lifty Dropped from an overhanging tree branch onto his brother's head, knocking off his hat.

"C'mon! we gotta find Flippy kid!"

Lifty reluctantly slid to the ground, he flashed a lil' evil smile at his bro'

"okie.... race ya!" He tore off through the trees with Shifty hot on his tail.

Candie looked up from the pancakes she was making at her sister Star, who felt her gaze and looked up.

"Sis, can we visit Cami today?"

"Well of course, but after breakfast."

Nutty was once again chasing Flaky, wearing his trademark crazed expression he was once again chasing the dandrified porcupine around the snack shack...

"ICE CREAM!"

"Nutty! Leave me alone!"

Flaky tripped and his ice cream flew from his hands, Nutty jumped over his head in time to catch the falling peppermint candy flavored ice cream. With a satisfied expression he downed it in one gulp, then started jumping around frantically.

"ACK! NECK! HEAD! OW! COLD!"

Flaky got up and backed away slowly, Nutty saw him and immediatly stopped his frenzied jumping.

"ICE CREAM?! MOOOOORE?!"

"*O_O*"

Flaky turned on his heel and ran up the beach with Nutty in pursuit. Lumpy looked on in his usual moosy way, then called out to his beach goers,

"Hey guys! Gonna be leaving tommorrow! Start packing!"

Everyone looked, to say the least, disappointed, but they said "ok" and continued with what they were doing.

Handy had made an even more elaborate sandcastle for Petunia, and she looked extremely happy, especially because she knew a sandcastle could not catch on fire. Flaky was still being chased by Nutty, and Giggles was taking care of a bite Cuddles had gotten from his mutant bunny shark encounter.

Cami had finished packing what she thought she might need and brought her duffel bag into the living room, Flippy was yawning on the couch, his eyes chibish. Cami had to supress a squeal at the extreme cuteness that was said bear. He noticed her and sat up,

"...So, i see you're ready, guess I was more tired than i thought i was *^-^*"

"Haha, we can get going as soon as you want to, but first how about something to eat?"

Star was jumping up and down excitedly,

"Come on sis! Let's go!"

"Ok, ok, c'mon."

Star ran out of the house and started toward's Cami's place, Candie ran after her,

"Hey! Wait for me!"

They passed Crunchy's house, who was burying something in her vegetable garden.

"Hey Crunchy! How's it going?"

"Good, good, and how are you?"

Star noticed the vegetables were rady to be picked, but they had not been.

"Uh, Crunchy, why haven't you picked your veggies yet?"

"Oh, I uh..." *sweatdrop* "Well, I just like to leave 'em for a while, suppossed to be good for 'em, you know?"

Crunchy looked nervously at Star, and she noticed what looked like fingers popping from the soil in multiple places in the garden, including where Crunchy was burying something.

"Uh, I gotta go, I'm gonna go see Cami,"

"Ok! Bye!"

Star skittered off at top speed, Crunchy sighed in relief...

"Phew, thought she was on to me for a second there..."

When Star finally arrived at Cami's house it was around lunchtime, she skipped up to the front door and knocked. She heard someone scramble up and the door was flung open,

"Hi!"

"Hey Cami! What's up?"

"Oh nothing... *she kicked her duffel bag out of view*"

"Mind if i come in?"

"Not at all!"

Star stepped inside, she saw Flippy and jumped onto the couch next to him,

"HI!"

"Hello?" He thought back to yesterday, in a frenzy, about to attack an innocent girl (against his will of course) and then someone had jumped off of the roof onto his head. He edged away slightly.

By now Candie had gotten to Cami's house and they were chatting at the door, when Cami explained her plans to Candie she went freaky.

"OMG! Can I come?"

Star piped up "Me too?"

Flippy looked nervous,

"Of course!" Cami said it with affection.

"WHOOOO! ROAD TRIP!"

Flippy spoke up, "er... actually, We're kinda gonna be walking..."

"Oh, well that's fine too," Star looked sorta disappointed.

"Well, we ready to get going?"

"But i might need some stuff!" Candie looked thoughtful

"Well, you guys can borrow my clothes for a while, as long as you don't mind wearing camo... Just go in my room and see what ya want."

"WHOOT!" The sisters cried in unison and ran to Cami's room.

"Are you sure about this?" Flippy looked scared...

"BIRDWICK! HURRY UP!" Lifty called back to his older brother who was having trouble keeping up...

"Hey... *pant* wait... *pant* for... me..." He collapsed in a heap, Lifty ran back to him,

"*sigh* Well I guess i can take it slower." Lifty sat on the ground beside Shifty who was at the point of fainting.

The group of friends filed out of Cami's house.

"Well, let's go!" Flippy began walking the direction of the woods.

"Wheee!" Said Star, "Follow the leader!"

They were making great progress, Flippy figured they had about 2 hours to go, which was met with sighs, but no one complained other than that. They had reached a small clearing when Flippy stopped short.

"Hey, what's the hold up?"

Flippy pointed ahead, Shifty was sitting with his back against a tree sleeping, and Lifty was trying a whole matter of ways to wake him up. He was currently throwing acorns at him.

"BRO! BIRDWICK! WAKE UP! WE GOTTA FIND FLIPPY!"

"Hey, how's it goin?"

Lifty wheeled around and saw the bear veteran,

"Oh, hi!" He looked behind Flippy and saw Cami, Candie, and.....

"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NuttyRulez221 on January 28, 2006, 2:17:08 AM

NuttyRulez221 on
NuttyRulez221WHEE ME LOVIES! ^_^ WHEE!