Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Cancer

Gerard is a senior in highschool, he has a wonderful girlfriend, but when she get's ill...what will he turn to?

Chapter 4 - Cancer

Chapter 4 - Cancer

[color=#ffc0cb" size="2]Gerard rushed to the hospital. He called Mikey, and Niki's family on his cellphone, on the way. He explained what had happened to both Mikey and Niki's mom. Niki's mom didn't sound quiet as suprised as Gerard expacted, but she did sound really worried.

After he was finished Gerard hung up and got out of his car, because he was there. He always hated hospitals, and now he feared that this was going to be the last place he ever saw Niki.

Whenever he entered the hospital, a feeling of sorrow flooded over him. He looked nerviously around and then walked up to the front desk. "Excuse me...but what room is Niki Kalet in?" he asked.

"Room...317" the nurse said. "But please be quiet, when you go in she needs her rest" she continued.

Gerard quietly made his way down the hall and to room 317. He hesitated at the door a minute then quietly pushed it open and went in.

When he entered he felt a sudden chill run over him. He looked at Niki and sighed lightly. She looked so weak, and helpless. He hated this. He sat down beside her, and gently took her hand in his.

Niki was out of it, and she seemed to be in a deep sleep. This also scared him. Her skin was so cold and it reminded him of death. He looked at her, her skin was paler than usual. Her cheeks, which were usually red and full of life were now pale and cold. [/color]


[color=#ffc0cb" size="2]Gerard was having a hard time excepting what was happening to Niki. He was staring blankly at her, when her mom walked in. She looked at Gerard and sighed lightly, as she took a seat on the other side of Niki.

"Gerard?" Ms. Kalet asked softly.
Gerard slowly looked at her. "Ya?" he asked.
Ms. Kalet took a deep breath. "Gerard I suspect you want to know what is happening to my daughter..." she started.
Gerard looked at her. "But....do they know whats wrong with her?" he asked.
"They have known for the last few months...we incouraged her to tell you but she wouldn't. She said she didn't want you to worry about her...but I think you deserve to know" she said slowly, being very careful not to say it wrong.
"You mean you knew something was wrong? and so did she?" Gerard asked looking worried.
"Yes...we all knew....she wanted to tell you but I didn't think it was a good idea..." Ms. Kalet said.
"please....just tell me..." Gerard said weakly.
"About 7 months ago Niki was diagnoised with Cancer...The doctors tried to get Niki to except treatment but she refused to...Then we told her to tell you and she said she didn't want you to worry, or treat her differently. The doctor's said it was only a matter of time before something like this happened." Ms. Kalet explained.

Gerard looked shocked. It took him a few minutes to fully understand. He looked at Niki then back to her mom. "So...you mean that this isn't just something that will go away...?" he asked giving Niki's cold hand a small squeeze.

"No...it's a lifetime thing...or at least until they find a cure." she said quietly. She now had small tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry you had to find out like this..." she continued.

Gerard nodded, but his mind was off on it's own. All he could think about was how she had missed school so many times, and when he had asked her why she had told him her mom had been ill. Now it turns out that her mom hadn't been sick but instead it had been her.

She had been the one on the verge of death the whole time. It was hard for him to understand, that his precious girlfriend had been fighting a deadly desease all this time, and he had, had no clue about it.

He suddenly got a bad thought and was forced to look back at her mom. "I made her like this...all those times that I took her out so late, and kept her out. All those times that we went to the movies and stuff. I shouldn't have done that. That's why she's like this...because I made her sicker." he said.

"No...you didn't make her any worse, if anything you made her better. You gave her a reason to life. You do realize that right? You made her want to fight this desease to the best of her abilities. You are the reason she is even alive today. You should be glad, not sorry" she said.[/color]


[color=#ffc0cb" size="2]With this Mrs. Kalet got up and walked towards the door. At the door she stopped and paused, turning back to Gerard. She gave him a wearly look and a slight smile. "Thanks Gerard...and take care of my baby while I'm gone. I'll be back later" she said

Gerard nodded softly and looked back at Niki. Even with all the shots, and tubes going into her arm she looked beautiful. Gerard looked up as the door shut. Seeing that he was alone with her he looked back to her. A small tear slipped down his pale cheek. It brushed against Niki's cold hand.

Gerard gently took her hand in his and smiled ever so lightly. He hoped that if there really was a God up there somewhere that he would save Niki. In all Gerard's life he never knew anyone who deserved God's mercy as much as Niki did now.

"I know you'll be okay Niki....you have to be....I have plans for are future" he whispered brushing a tear from his face. He had never felt this way about anyone. This was new to him and at first when he met her he was scared. He didn't understand why he had felt like that about her.

Gerard was sitting beside Niki lost in thought when the door opened. He imediately looked up to see a doctor standing in the door way. "Sir...I'm going to have to ask you to leave..." he said a hint of sorrow in his voice, as he continued "I'm sorry but we need to run some tests, plus visiting hours are over. You can come back tomorrow morning at 10 if you wish" he finished.

Gerard nodded slowly and stood up. He looked sad but knew he had to go. He was scared to leave, because he was afraid he was going to lose Niki. That was his only fear, and a few days ago it seemed like that would never happen, but now it looked like there was a good chance of it.

Gerard gave Niki a soft kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back tomorrow morning" he whispered. He sighed and walked towards the door. He thanked the doctor before he went out and then he went out and headed on down the street towards his house.

It was just getting dark out, because it was early in the year Gerard realized that visiting hours had been up a half an hour before they actually came in. He made a mental note to thank the doctor tomorrow, as he continued on to his house.[/color]

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment