Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - "Mikey...she's dead..."

Gerard is a senior in highschool, he has a wonderful girlfriend, but when she get's ill...what will he turn to?

Chapter 5 - "Mikey...she's dead..."

Chapter 5 - "Mikey...she's dead..."
[color=#ffc0cb" size="2]Gerard returned early the next morning, planning to see Niki. He silently walked into the hospital and almost instantly he got the chills. He could feel something wasn't right and he didn't like it at all.

As he walked back the hall way, which in his mind seemed to have gotten longer since yesterday, his feeling about something being wrong seemed to escalate. His thoughts began to swimming and his heart sink.

Finally after what seemed like forever he reached Niki's door and pushed it opened. He stepped in and instantly his heart sank even lower. The bed where Niki had been laying was now empty, and now there was no visable trace of her in the room.

Gerard rushed out into the hall and quickly found a nurse. "Excuse me...but Niki Kalet....What happened to her? She's not in her room..." he said weakly.

The nurse seemed to give him an almost sad look. "My dear...I'm afraid Miss. Kalet is no longer with us...she passed early this morning...Sir....do you want to sit down..you don't look to good" she said.

She was right. Gerard suddenly felt sick. He nodded and quickly sat down in the closest seat. "W-was she in much pain?" he asked weakly, his skin even paler than normal.

The nurse shook her head. "No Sir...she did wake up late last night though...and she left you a note...It's at the front desk..." she said "We are sorry for your lose Sir...if you need anything just let me know..." she finished before turning to return to her duties.

It took Gerard about a half an hour to get back to normal, but when he did he got up silently and went to the front desk. He asked for the note and was given it almost instantly. He didn't read the note until he got out of the hospital, and was on his way home. As he unfolded the note he saw Niki's neat writing, and it alone brought tears to his eyes. Then he began to read the note, it said:

Gerard,
I know you were here all day yesterday, and thanks for being here for me. I'm sorry that you had to find out that way. I didn't want you to find out like that, but I guess you know now. I don't know when I'll see you again, but I know I will. I Want you to know that I love you and I'll always be around when you need me. Just remember I always loved the snow....well I hope to see you tomorrow...I'll never truely leave you, just remember that...
Love, Niki

Gerard's eyes filled with tears. Then a line caught his eyes. "Remember I always loved the snow..." what was that supposed to mean? He couldn't think of anything that it could mean but it didn't stay in his mind for long, because he was soon home. He raced up the steps and into the house.

Mikey looked at him. "Gerard what's wrong with you?" he asked.
"Mikey...she's dead..." Gerard muttered.
Mikey looked at him shocked, "Who...? Niki?" he asked.
Gerard nodded, tears staining his cheeks. "Yes...she died a while ago..." he whispered.
"I'm sorry Gerard" Mikey said softly.

Gerard nodded and went on up to his room. He shut and locked the door behind him. He flopped down and read over the note a few times. He couldn't get the picture of Niki in the hospital bed out of his mind. It was horrifying![/color]

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment