Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter2

An oddball vulpix makes friends with an umbreon after being rescued, three years later its time for them to be adopted out to new trainers and the vulpix is reluctant to let go, however that becomes the least of his problems. slash.

Chapter 2 - Chapter2

Chapter 2 - Chapter2
Chapter 2

“Cael, quick attack!”

“Bre!”

The moonlight pokemon began to charge at his opponent leaving a blue-white trail in his path, once close enough he lunged hitting the pokemon with enough force to knock it back a few feet. A spherical object came next hitting the k-oed pokemon on its stomach then opening with a bright light and swallowing the pokemon whole. Madellyn stepped forward and picked up the pokeball holding it up at eye level then squatted down to scratch Cael behind his ears.

“Good job Cael, we just caught a Sentret”

She held the pokeball down so it was level with the umbreon, he sniffed it questionably and mewed approvingly. Madellyn sat on the ground and reached into the bag she carried on her back, she took out a few berries and put them on a napkin in front of Cael smiling softly as she watched the pokemon devour the treat then lay at her feet. Out of the bag she also retrieved a map, she had gotten the map back at the pokeshelter for a few dollars and it proved to be very useful. The map had a chip in it that corresponded with a chip in the nearest pokecenter’s sign, the map then gave a reading of how many miles the pokecenter was from where they were.

Madellyn sighed, the nearest pokecenter wasn’t too far away.

Cael turned his head to look up at the female, it had only been a few days since he had left the pokeshelter with this human and he could tell that she was a very formidable partner. He couldn’t say he had learned much about her but he could tell from the way she had tracked the sentret for the last day and a half that she was strong-willed and stubborn, a dangerous combination. He shook his head, laid it on his outstretched forelegs, and flattened his ears against his head. It had also been a few days since he had last seen Alek, since he had left the pokeshelter Cael had decided to focus his mind on getting stronger and looking to the future, however every now and then his mind wandered to the two violet shining orbs of the vulpix. Standing again Cael stretched then trotted over to the bag Madellyn had discarded beside her and reached into it pulling out his pokeball, back at the shelter his pokeball had been stored next the Alek’s. Although they never spent a lot of time within the pokeballs his still smelled faintly of the vulpix, he set it on the ground and pushed the button on the front with his nose letting the white light engulf him.

--

Sun peeked through the trees falling on Meighson’s sleeping form, the teen groaned then sat up rubbing the sleep from his eyes. It had been three days since he had gotten his first pokemon and it hadn’t been what he had been hoping. The vulpix was a great partner from what he could tell from their short friendship, but since leaving the shelter they had only battled two pokemon both being caterpie and the vulpix was reluctant to battle even those. Yawning Meighson stood and stretched being careful to step over Alek’s sleeping body as he headed toward the river. That had been his tactic, he would follow the river to the next town training along the way and once he got there he’d battle the gym leader for his first badge. At the rate he was going he’d be lucky to even make it to the next town alive now that he knew that the vulpix wouldn’t fight. Meighson leaned down by the river and cupped his hands in the water, he brought his hands to his lips and let the cool liquid cascade down his throat. He then set about brushing his shoulder length auburn hair back into place with his fingers and washing his face.

Alek cracked open a violet eye and quickly shut it back when the light pooled in. Morning had come all too soon for him waking him from his sleep and robbing him of his happiness. It was bittersweet happiness but happiness all the same, in his dreams he could be anywhere he wanted to be but when he awoke it only reminded him of how much he missed the umbreon. Growling Alek made a second attempt at awakening and this time he successfully cracked both eyes and took in his surroundings. His human was no longer beside him but he had left his clothing suggesting he hadn’t gotten too far. Alek stretched and rolled over onto his stomach, looking to the left of him he saw nothing but dirt. Waking up not next to his best friend would take a while to get used to him but he’d adjust, he hoped. The vulpix stood and trotted through the brush to the river he had seen last night, he was partially shocked to see his human there and took a seat beside him to drink from the river.

The fox-like pokemon jumped slightly when he felt a damp hand on his head but then settled into the gentle touch of the human. He mewed quietly and rolled over onto his back allowing the intruding hand to explore his underside. Meighson sighed and continued to pet his partner’s belly.

“I don’t know if you can understand me, but I just wanted you to know that I really like you Alek”

Meighson felt stupid, no, beyond stupid talking to a pokemon as if it were another human but he kept going.

“And I was kinda hoping to maybe compete in the pokemon league, maybe, and I was hoping we could be friends and stuff”

Alek licked Meighson’s hand making the teen smile, since being adopted out to the human he hadn’t really given him a chance and he didn’t seem like he was a bad kid. And maybe, just maybe, on their journey to the pokemon league he might see Cael. Alek mewed happily and nuzzled the boys side making a purring like noise what Meighson could only guess meant yes. The teen then stood and dusted himself off then headed back toward camp motioning for Alek to follow, the vulpix happily bound after him and sat at his feet. Meighson reached down and scratched behind the vulpix’s ears before getting to the task of getting dressed.

--

After traveling for a few hours Madellyn came upon her destination, a secluded pokecenter. She thought it a bit odd that it would be way out in the middle of a forest but the more she thought about it the more it made sense. She walked into the small building and up to the counter, behind the counter was a young man who looked to be about her age maybe a bit older. His hair was a deep brown and tied back into a ponytail which complemented his also deep brown eyes, he smiled at Madellyn causing her to blush uncontrollably.

“Hi, welcome to the pokemon center, my name is Tobias and I will be servicing you today, how may I help you?” his voice was soft and gentle.

“Y-yeah, I’d like to get my pokemon healed?” Madellyn set Cael’s pokeball on the counter along with the pokeball of the Sentret she had just caught.

Tobias took the pokeballs and set them in a tray with rounded indents to keep them secure, behind the counter a there was a machine. The tray along with the pokeballs were placed into the machine and Tobias went back to the counter.

“It’ll be a few moments while the machine heals them but trust me, its worth the wait”

“Yeah, uh thanks.” Madellyn smiled and leaned against the counter and looked up at the ceiling twiddling her thumbs.

“I hope you don’t think it terribly nosy of me but I noticed that the pokeball that you got is one that new trainers from Basenji Town get”

“Yeah, I just got him a few days ago, I’m new to the whole training thing”

“Where are you heading to if you don’t mind me asking”

“I heard that if you followed this road that it’d lead to Elo city, there’s no gym there but there’s a pokemon trainer school there that’ll train you to become a pokemon gym leader. I’m not much of a trainer now but if they accept me then I’m sure I’ll make a great gym leader.”

The machine beeped causing Madellyn to flinch from the sudden noise, Tobias went back to the machine and lifted the tray up from the mouth of it. He left the tray by the machine but took out the pokeballs and handed them to Madellyn who thanked him sincerely and turned to leave.

“Wait!”

Madellyn stopped and looked at Tobias who’s face was flushed from the sudden outburst.

“Let me go with you!”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment