Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chaper 3

An oddball vulpix makes friends with an umbreon after being rescued, three years later its time for them to be adopted out to new trainers and the vulpix is reluctant to let go, however that becomes the least of his problems. slash.

Chapter 3 - Chaper 3

Chapter 3 - Chaper 3
It was hot, too hot, for April anyway.

Meighson trudged along side the river cursing the lack of trees in the particular area he happened to be traveling in. The chirps of pidgey and the buzz of ledyba were weighing heavily on his nerves and the fact that he hadn’t eaten since yesterday didn’t make his mood any better. Following the river had proved to be quite a challenging feat, unlike most rivers this one seemed to defy gravity by flowing up a rather steep hill, to top it all off 20 minutes back at the foot of the hill Alek refused to continue to walk. The pokeball didn’t add much weight but he still thought that the pokemon should carry his own weight. Three yards up the hill there was a flat area of land on which a dense forest had grown, the forest seemed to grown around the hill so travel to the other side would be less strenuous now. Closer to the river there was a small grove of berry trees, Meighson sat in the middle of the trees and sat his bag beside him. He detached the pokeball at his side and pressed the button on its front to enlarge it then again to release the pokemon.

“Vul!”

The fox-like fire pokemon sat at his feet and looked up at him with forget-me-not eyes.

“Hey buddy” Meighson patted the vulpix pokemon earning himself a low purr-like response and a small lick on the palm of his hand. He wiped the drool on the leg of his jeans and smiled at the small creature, he wasn’t like any vulpix he had ever seen but he had to admit that the little guy was pretty cute.

Meighson rummaged through the bag on his back it had been three days since he set out on his quest yet he was already running low on provisions. Money wasn’t an issue, his father had been a pokemon scientist and he had gotten half of his vast fortune when he had died in the explosion of the power plant, however finding a pokemart in the forest would prove to be difficult. In the half empty bag he was able to find a small dish and a half bag of special blend pokechow, he poured the food into the bowl and set the bowl on the ground in front of the vulpix.

Alek mewed and stuck his nose into the bowl, the food was bland and waxy but he ignored the taste and focused on filling his belly. While he ate Meighson dragged himself to the river and filled his water bottle, he stared at his reflection in the water and thought about his sister. They both had the same shoulder length auburn hair and deep sea-green eyes and seeing himself made him wonder how she was.

The vulpix jerked his head up and looked up, he moved his ears independently trying to locate the source of the plea he had heard. He followed the plea out of the small grove and into the bare forest, the forest was still but the scent of blood was heavy, against his better judgement Alek continued on into the forest. The vulpix hadn’t gone three yards before he found what he had been looking for, it was a noctowl, a female from what he could tell. She fluttered helplessly on the ground and made attempts at flying away but no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t move. Alek moved closer to her and noticed she was bound by a thorny vine, the more she struggled the more the vines dug into her leg which explained the blood smell.

“Shush, you have to be quiet and stop moving if you want me to help you” Alek was pretty sure that this would send the Noctowl into an even more panicked frenzy but to his surprise the owl stopped moving. With the utmost control the vulpix sent out a stream of fire and easily burned through the vine while only singeing a couple feathers. The pokemon flapped her wings forcefully and flew out of sight without so much as a thank you. The fire fox would’ve been insulted by her wordless departure if his nose hadn’t picked up a second scent. This scent was of one he knew but it seemed to farfetched, however did smell an awful lot like...

Meighson snapped out of his trance long enough to notice that Alek was missing and to see a sandy colored tail dip into the forest. The teen scrambled to his feet and took off after the pokemon, he wasn’t sure of why his pokemon ran off but he would find out soon. He followed his pokemon about ten feet into the forest when he saw the pokemon free the Noctowl from the vine., Meighson smiled and stepped toward the vulpix. Alek opened his mouth to howl when Meighson’s foot came into contact with his tail but instead of a howl he shot out a bright orange flame which startled the trainer causing him to fall back onto his backside. Something in the forest stirred obviously disturbed by the sudden burst of fire. Alek backed up, what ever it was in the forest he wanted to be as far away from it as possible.

--

Madellyn stopped beneath a large oak tree, the heat was unbearable and it didn’t help that she could hear a river but it seemed to elude her time and time again. It was around two or three o’ clock in the afternoon and the sun hung heavily in the sky, Tobias stopped beside the teen and set his bag on the ground. From his waist he produced three pokeballs from which he released a Chansey, a Rattata and a Pichu, following suit Madellyn released Cael and her newly caught Sentret from their pokeballs as well. Madellyn bent down and stroked the soft fur on Cael’s head.

“You keep an eye on Pichu and Sentret alright?” Cael nodded and nuzzled his trainer’s hand reassuringly. Madellyn smiled and returned to help Tobias set up lunch, no sooner had she said keep an eye on them that Cael realized that the two were missing. Cael rolled his eyes, babysitting wasn’t his favorite thing to do but he had made a promise to Madellyn. The umbreon put his nose to the ground and sniffed, the scent of the two young pokemon was strong and headed into the forest. He hadn’t sensed any danger coming from the dense forest so he took his time as he leisurely strolled into the forest in search of Pichu and Sentret. A loud howl cut through the peaceful silence of the forest and the sound caused Cael’s heart to race and made his paws sweat.

Apparently Madellyn and Tobias heard it as well and they began to frantically call for the pokemon, Pichu and sentret crawled out of their hiding place which had been nowhere near the forest and raced over to the pokechow that hade been put out for the two. A shiver went up the umbreon’s back, something wasn’t right about the situation but he shook it off and went back to the others. A couple minutes passed before another sound came from the forest, however this one wasn’t of a pokemon but of a human running. The pounding of the shoes on the hard packed earth became louder and louder until a figure was produced, it was a male who looked and smelled a lot like Madellyn. The scent of blood was strong on him and in his arms he held a small bloody sandy colored pokemon. The human tripped and slid into view clutching the pokemon to avoid any further damage to it’s fragile body.

“Meighson!” Madellyn said half relieved half surprised.

“Madellyn!, you gotta help him, I don’t know what to do” Meighson carefully laid Alek on the ground, at this point the pokemon was gasping for air and each breath he took came in with a ragged gushing sound. On his side he had a deep gash from which blood flowed freely from, Cael wiggled through the tightknit group of humans and began helplessly licking at the dying pokemon. Tears threatened to spill from his ruby eyes, and his heart ached at the notion that each breath may be his last.

“Chansey!” Tobias called to his Chansey who bounded over as chipper as though a pokemon was not dying at her feet.

“Chansey, use healing wish on this pokemon” Tobias pointed to Alek lying nearly motionless save for the weak rise and fall of his chest.

Chansey position herself over the pokemon’s body a strong beam of bright white light emanated from the egg on its belly and engulfed the vulpix. Slowly but surely the pokemon’s breathing returned to normal and the wound on his side began to fade, however celebration was cut short as the same howl heard a few moments earlier was heard again. Out of the forest leaped a houndoom, the nightmare pokemon’s face had been half charred and its left leg was twisted and contorted because of its broken status. The Houndoom seemed to ignore the pain and acted on pure rage and hatred for both Meighson and Alek. In its blind fury its senses had been heightened to near god-like and it had no problem hunting down the pokemon and it’s trainer. It quickly spotted the helpless pokemon laying in a pool of his own blood at the Chansey’s feet and acted upon it. The inside of the Houndoom’s mouth began to glow bright blue and it’s horns took on the same color as well.

“Get back! Its using reversal!” Tobias pulled the two younger teens back just as the beam shot out of its mouth. Just before the beam struck the injured pokemon a black figure jumped in its path, purple rings soon accompanied the bright light but it did little to prevent the attack and soon the Chansey, Umbreon, and Vulpix were consumed by the blue light.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment