Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Opening

A classic romance story set in modern times.

Chapter 3 - Opening

Chapter 3 - Opening
Sun streamed in through Lily's basement window. She had fallen asleep in her cloths on the couch. "Feeeeh...." she yawned, stretching. Then she looked at the clock. 8:30. "shoot!" she cried, flying off the couch and grabbing a pair of pants. Then she remembered that it was Saturday. With a sigh, she laid back down on the couch and fell back asleep.
An hour later, the phone rang. Again Lily was awakened. "Merf...who the hell...?" she mumbled, grabbing the raucous machine and pressing the 'talk' button. "Mmm...hello?"
"Hey! Morning sunshine!" cooed the gentle voice of Lily's other best friend, Elita.
"Oh...hi!" Lily said, brightening.
Elita laughed. "Why aren't you up yet? I'm coming over this afternoon and we're going to a movie, okay? Curt, Silas, and Dominic are going to be there too."
"Beh! Why don't you tell me about these things, Lita?" Lily asked as she hurried aroud her room, gathering clothes.
"Sorry. It was a spur of the moment sort of thing. See you in two hours, okay?" Click.
Lily turned off the phone, tossing it onto the couch and waking Ace. With a scornful glare he turned over and curled up again. "Sorry, Ace..." Lily grumbled, leaving the room.
For the next two hours she rushed around to get ready. She showered, straightened her hair, applied a tad bit of makeup and assembled what even Asta would consider the perfect outfit. She was definately ready for anything....
"So, where are you going?" asked a low, mysterious voice from the bathroom door.
"Gah! MORISSA, you FREAK! How many times have I told you to stay out of the bathroom while I'm in here!?" Lily fumed.
"Too many to count. I just want to know where you're going. Tell me and I'll leave."
"NO!" Lily shoved the door shut and locked it. Sighing, she leaned against its smooth wooden surface and slid down into a sitting position. "Ooooi......"
The doorbell rang. It was Elita. "COMING!" called Lily, grabbing her woven purse and scooting toward the door.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MusicBitch on August 4, 2004, 1:50:04 AM

MusicBitch on
MusicBitchHey i really like your story!

StrikeClaw on June 4, 2004, 10:37:54 PM

StrikeClaw on
StrikeClawthe movies I wonder what they are going to see? Wonderful story. *Faves*