Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6... The 3rd generation...

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6... The 3rd generation...

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6... The 3rd generation...
The next morning, I woke up. I saw Jasco lying in bed, and Cyrus in another one. We heard talking outside and I tried waking them both up…



Blain: Yo, wake up…
Cyrus: Meh……… Blain: Dude, wake up.
Cyrus: Eight more hours man……
Blain: WAKE UP!!1
Cyrus: WHOA!!1 Damn! What the hell is your problem?!
Blain: We need to stop by Tails.
Cyrus: Right…
Blain: Jasco!!
Jasco: Stop yelling for fracks sake, I got a fracking headache…
Blain: Ah… What happened…?
Jasco: I tried to kiss Tala last night, but she smacked me on the head…
Cyrus: Ouch…
Blain: Well, get up, we need to stop by Tails.

Jasco eventually got up… We walked over to Tails’s workshop…



Tails: Hey! Goodmorning guys!
Jasco: Hey Tails, wassup?
Blain: ‘Morning… You got to make the rounds?
Tails: Yes! I made 5 of them, but we need to test them out.
Blain: What type of ammo is that?
Tails: It’s 5.56 calibre ammo. Standard rounds, but I’ve made a small adjustments to it.

I was a bit baffled that Tails knew so much about weaponry…



Blain: You sure know a lot…
Tails: Heh, the Tornado was equipped with 7.76 rounds. It could fire 1500 rounds a minute.

Jasco: How much ammo did you had on board…?
Tails: Eeh… 1500… A small mistake I made…
All: T_T
Tails: Come on, lets test it.

We went outside and got to an open field with hills where Tails lined up some cans behind the others, a piece of armor, and a bunch of other stuff. Meanwhile, others came watching too.



Tails: Ok, go ahead.

I pulled out the clips and Tails gave me the 5 rounds. I insert them one by one in the clip, rammed it inside. And I pressed my thumb at the finger print analyzer.



A.I Female voice: RRTS Special Ops clearance verified. Handle I.D: Reaper.

Shadow: A talking gun…? How redundant…
Blain: This weapon is designated to me. I’m the only one who can use it.
Rouge: Reaper…? Blain: Yup…

I pulled the bolt to arm it.



Tails: Aim at the first can. Set it on single shot and fire one round.
Blain: Got it.

I set it on single shot and fired. Blue smoke came out of my barrel and the sound of the shot was not something I was used to. Almost a high pitched whistle and the impact seemed like a very small explosion…  



Tails: Great! Hold your fire! Set it on safety!

So I did… Tails ran to the cans and saw that the cans that were lined behind each other were penetrated with a large hole in it. Also, the last can had a huge hole, so that means it must have gone through…



Blain: Whoa…
Cyrus: What the hell are those things made of…?
Tails: Tungsten-core ammo…
Blain: Tungsten…?
Tails: Yes. Material almost identical the battlewalker is made of. Instead of plastic, I used carbon and reinforced it with polyurethane.

Jasco: Something tells me this little dude can be of a use to us…
Blain: frack yeah…
Tails came back to us…



Tails: Now fire at that piece of armor.

I pulled of the safety and shot at the armor… It went right through…


Tails: You see that? It went right through. Eggman’s droids got angular shapes to ricochet of incoming bullets. This type penetrates the armor, effectively taking out armoured enemies.

Blain: Why is it making such a weird sound? It’s not typical.

Tails: This isn’t relying on old fashion gunpowder. The core is filled with chemicals. Once the trigger is pulled, it sets of a reaction to the chemicals that explode on the inside, making the bullet more lighter then the old gunpowder ones. The friction of the bullet is also reduced, which makes it travel faster. I’ve already tested on yesterday to find out how fast it goes…

Jasco: And how fast does it goes..?
Blain: The exact speed isn’t determined yet, but it goes faster then 1.900 mph.
All: ……
Blain: That is fast…
Tails: Now to determine what it does on human flesh…
Jasco: We get to kill a human…?
Tails: No. I got a ballistic gel dummy, which is almost identical to human flesh…

Jasco: ………… Oooooooooh…… Right.
Tails: Fire the remaining three rounds on the ballistics gel. Set it on burst fire.

I pulled off the safety and set it on burst. I aimed, and shot. What I saw was rather scary… The 3 rounds penetrated the ballistics gel… The target was rather… Incomplete…


Tails: Can you imagine what happens when you shoot someone with it…?
Blain: Strangely enough, I can…
Tails: so…
Jasco: How long do you think you need to create 4 clips…?
Tails: Eeh… Four clips, containing 30 rounds a clip, so that would be 120 rounds…
Blain: Yeah.
Tails: Not long. I can mass produce them… With a few adjustments to the machinery, I can create these rounds…
Blain: Heh, thanks Tails…

Tails asked Jasco and Cyrus to him move stuff from his workshop. They helped and I saw the lake. Rouge was sitting there, holding something. I walked up to her, and sat down next to her. We talked for a long time…



Nightfall broke. The 3 of us couldn’t sleep. Cyrus and I were playing a game of Scrabble since there was nothing else to do. Jasco sat on the grass, gazing to the stars as something caught his eye… He gasped… Not long after that, we heard a hovering sound. Like… Jet engines…



Cyrus: Limo…? That’s not a word…
Blain: Yes… It is…

Jasco got up, and ran towards us, almost tripping himself…


Blain: What the frack is your problem…?
Jasco: Red Faction troops are scrambling together. There being dropped at the open plains now.

Cyrus: What the hell are they doing here?
Jasco: I don’t know.
Cyrus: Blain, we’re not safe here, go wake up the others.

Not long after that, we heard shooting and explosions in the far distance. The 3 of us ran to the wooden houses and we banged on the doors. We yelled to wake up. I got Sonic, and Knuckles, Jasco got Amy, Tails and Cream, and Cyrus got Shadow, Rouge and Tala.


Sonic: What’s going on….?
Jasco: Red Faction troops have been spotted. I’m not sure if there heading this way, but we cant be to careful. You’ll do exactly what’s told and don’t act like a hero. It will only get you killed. Got that?

As we heard the battle in the distance, I saw lights shining through the tree’s. Cyrus gestured to take cover as he spotted a few soldiers heading this way. We all took cover in the bushes… Not long after that, the soldiers were walking through. They got ordered to search the houses, but they found nothing of interest. Jasco gestured to take out the combat knives, since we got no weapons… Jasco whispered to the kids…



Jasco: Stay as low as possible and don’t talk…

We sneaked through the bushes and each of us looked for a soldier that was alone. One soldier was shining his flashlight in a window. As he passes by, I stabbed the guy in the chest while muffling his mouth. I let him down slowly so that it would make the least noise. We’ve managed to take out 5 of the soldiers. Until one soldier sees something moving in the bushes. He walked over to it, shined his flashlight and saw Amy, Tails and Cream sitting there, terrified… He was alone, while the other 2 were in the centre of the village…


Soldier: Captain! I think we have some survivors!
Jasco: shoot……

Cyrus and I took out the soldiers standing in the centre of the village, while Jasco sneaked up on the guy…



Soldier: Captain…?

Jasco then holds him in a headlock, and stabs him from the back… He looked down at Amy, Cream and Tails and saw how scared they looked…



Jasco: I don’t ever want to see you kids do that. It’s not nice…

Cream then suddenly cried…



Jasco: Ssh, ssssssh, don’t cry! He’s just asleep… That’s all…
Blain: Damn it, we cant stay here…

Jasco picked Cream up…



Jasco: Where the hell are we suppose to go now…?
Blain: Damn…
Cyrus: We need to split up for the night.
Blain: Agreed. Grab as many weapons and ammunition you can carry. Stay low for the night. Keep your PDA activated so we can locate each other. Contact us as soon if there’s something.

Jasco: Right, Tails, Amy, Cream, follow me!
Blain: You guys, come with me.
Cyrus: Shadow, Rouge, Tala, come on!!


Jasco went south east, Cyrus went north west and I got south west with the guys. We saw the open grassland in the distance and saw it was covered with dead bodies, human and droids, and wrecks of crashed vehicles. We stood there for a while looking at the scenery in the distance while we heard artillery fire coming down and large areas got clear within seconds…



Knuckles: That’s quite a view…
Blain: Yes… That’s quite a view…
Sonic: Robotnik’s on the loosing side… I don’t wanna be him when he gets overrun by the Red Faction…

Then we heard gunships flying above us with high speed. They didn’t see us. One got immediately shot down by a battlewalker…



Blain: This is one of the last lines of defence Robotnik has…
Sonic: What do you mean…?
Blain: It’s not the amount of terrain he conquered, but the strategic locations…
Knuckles: Like Westopolis…?
Blain: Yeah… This is hill is 18 miles of Station Square. He got defence lines across major cities. If they manage to advance through this position, Station Square is next. After that, there’s no stopping them to end the war by going all out in Robotropolis…

Sonic: So it’s ending soon…
Blain: Yeah… Come on, we need to get moving.

We ran through the forest and took shelter in a crashed air transport. Cyrus contacted me through headset…



Cyrus: Blain you read?
Blain: I read ya, go ahead.
Cyrus: Just checking if everything was ok.
Blain: We’re good, we’re hided in a wrecked airtransport. How about you?
Cyrus: We found small cave to hide in.
Blain: Right. Don’t do anything stupid. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.
Cyrus: Yeah. Same for you. Goodnight man.
Blain: Oh an eeh… Cyrus…?
Cyrus: Yeah?
Blain: About that Scrabble board… Limo IS a word. I don't want to hear about it.

Cyrus: It is not a word. It's an abbreviation of a word.
Blain: Limo is a word in common usage. That is the key phrase in Scrabble, my friend, common usage.

Cyrus: No! If it's not in the dictionary, it doesn't count!
Blain: It doesn't have to be in the dictionary!
Cyrus: It does have to be in the dictionary! Listen, when we get back, it's coming off the board!!
.
Blain: You touch my limo and I'll spank you, Cyrus. You hear me?
Cyrus: Heh… Just get going asshole…
Blain: Goodnight… Be careful…

Meanwhile…



Shadow: You guys are real professionals, aren’t you…?
Cyrus: That’s what we do…
Shadow: If there’s something you ever need… Let me know… I can also help out…
Tala: So can I…
Cyrus: Heh… We really need all the help we can get right now… What are you specialized in Shadow…? Anti-tank…? Demolitions…? Special forces…?

Shadow: I’m not a soldier…
Cyrus: Where did you come from anyway…?

Shadow looked at Cyrus with a rather angry look. He turned around and closed his eyes…



Cyrus: Eeh…
Rouge: Touchy subject… Long story…
Cyrus: Right…

Meanwhile… Jasco, Tails, Amy and Cream are sitting up in a tree, hided behind the branches and the leaves…



Jasco: It’s not that comfortable, but it’ll do… It’s just for the night.
Cream: Mr. Jasco…?
Jasco: What is it kid…?
Cream: Thank you for saving us… I shouldn’t have cried…
Jasco: Naah… It’s ok…
Cream: Why are people hurting each other…?

Jasco sighed…



Jasco: Well… In this world… There are 3 groups. The mean robots of Robotnik, the humans and us. The mean robots of Robotnik want to hurt the humans, the humans want to hurt us, and we want to hurt Robotnik.

Cream: But why…?
Jasco: It’s because we have the right to live you see… Robotnik just came by and said, Hey! I’m going to take over now! And we didn’t wanted that. So we fought back!

Tails: You think this will end soon Jasco…?
Jasco: I hope so Tails… I don’t like it either…
Tails: But… I thought you were created for this…
Jasco: But that doesn’t mean I have to like it…
Amy: What if there coming when we’re asleep…?
Jasco: Don’t worry… I’ll stay up all night…
Tails: The whole night…?
Jasco: Yeah… Just get some shut eye…

Not long after that, the 3 kids fell asleep in Jasco’s arms. He looks down on them, then to the war scenery in the distance and is wondering what the hell these kids have been doing to deserve this…



To be continued…














Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on February 17, 2007, 4:36:46 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehoggo Jasco

nextguardian on February 16, 2007, 7:10:06 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianJasco: Ssh, ssssssh, don’t cry! He’s just asleep… That’s all…

Maybe I'm a jerk, but this really cracked me up!

and the scrabble thing...

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on February 16, 2007, 6:59:48 AM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0....your excellency makes my brain fizzle with delight! All of your stories, so well written with war tactics and weaponry! How do you do it!? Do you know some one who was in a war? WERE YOU IN A WAR!!! ....o_O....don't mind me, just a silly little kid with to much info in her head!^-^ You must continue! Then I'll go call some movie contractors and really get this party started! 

Child_of_the_feral on February 16, 2007, 6:45:07 AM

Child_of_the_feral on
Child_of_the_feralAwwww... Jasco's such a sweet-heart. ^_^