Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chapter 9... The fourth guy...

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 9 - Chapter 9... The fourth guy...

Chapter 9 - Chapter 9... The fourth guy...
I was rather sad about the fact that I confronted one of the victims… I never really thought about it, but… It was hard really… For the last 2 weeks, I’ve been realising that we were doing the wrong thing. Seeing the others hanging out and keeping there morals up is something we never learned in this Godforsaken place…



As we walked through the city, we saw devastated buildings, wrecked gunships, dead bodies, destroyed droids and a lot of other things. Yet the rebel forces celebrated there victory of Robotnik. They didn’t seem to be bothered with the destroyed Titan… As we walked away, I looked at the others and I could see what they were thinking… Now that Robotnik was out of the way… We were next… Suffering the same fate Robotnik had… Total annihilation…



After many of hours, we reached the village… I gestured to Cyrus and Jasco to take positions and search the village for threats. After a while, it was clear and we could get in. I saw the scrabble board earlier, and grabbed some letters and formed the word FUBAR… Sonic was standing next to me…



Sonic: Fubar…?
Blain: Yeah…
Sonic: What’s Fubar…?
Blain: You’ll see Sonic… You’ll see…

I looked at Sonic and he looked at me a bit baffled… We returned to the huts and went asleep…



That night… I woke up. I heard something in the bushes… I thought it was just an animal, so I went to sleep again. But… Not long after that, I heard footsteps through the bushes… I sat up in bed and listened more closely. I could hear the footsteps getting louder. Then something tripped, and I heard a loud Damn it!

I got up and woke Jasco and Cyrus…



Blain: There’s someone out there…
Jasco: Allies…?
Blain: No idea, we gotta check it out. Gear up.

We took our weapons and spread out in the last known direction where I heard the sounds. I saw something moving up ahead and gestured to Jasco and Cyrus to surround him, and move in on him closely. I couldn’t see it right, because it was so dark… Something was there though… I saw him in front of a few meters, Jasco sneaked in from the right and Cyrus from the left… Cyrus got so close that he pulled a gun against his head…



Cyrus: Lookie… We’ve got an intruder…
???: WHOA!!

I walked towards them and Jasco shined a flashlight in his face… It was a yellow hedgehog, who looked a bit like Shadow… A bit younger though… He carried a bag…



???: Eeh…. WAIT!!! THIS ISNT MY HOUSE!!!

All: ………
???: Bad case of sleepwalking!
Jasco: You didn’t fool us pal…
???: Aw damn it… Caught again…

The hedgehog stretched his arms as if we could cuff him anytime… We all looked at him a bit baffled and then he looked baffled at us…



Blain: What’s in the bag…
???: Well actually, I’m on my way to granny to deliver some snacks.
Cyrus: …… We’re not asking again, what is it…
???: Classified information… You’re the bad guys you see, seeing your bulletproof vests says RRTS… I know the reputation of the RRTS. But eeh… Newsflash for ya guys, Robotnik has fallen!! HA!!

All: ……
???: Now if ya’ll excuse me, I gotta go.
Cyrus: Right…
???: You wouldn’t happen to know where Knothole is do you…?
Blain: Right over there...

The guy didn’t seemed like a real threat… We followed him back to the village…



???: Eeh… You see, this village is suppose to be a secret village… If you follow me, then it wouldn’t be a secret anymore…

Cyrus: Pssh, this is lame… I’m going back to bed…
???: Yo doggy, could you hand me that flashlight for a bit…?

I looked at Jasco who looked so baffled, it made me laugh out loud! Doggy! I don’t know who he is, but he sure had a sense of humor! Jasco walked up to him and grabbed him by his throat…



Jasco: I’m a wolf for Gods sake!!
???: SHADOW!!! HELP ME!!!!
Blain: Put him down Jasco… Come on…


At that point, Shadow came out to see what was going on… Shadow looked at the yellow hedgehog…



Shadow: Put him down Jasco…
Jasco: He called me a doggy!!
Blain: Put him down…

Jasco puts him down…



Blain: Good doggy! *chuckles*

Jasco glared at me…


Shadow: Good to see you again Flash…
Flash: Same to you man!
Shadow: Whadda ya got…

The yellow hedgehog opened his bag and showed Shadow some papers…



Flash: Satellite photo’s of Angel Island. It reveals rebels are scattered around the island and have taken up defensive positions. There expecting us to attack any moment. As you can see, the beaches are heavily fortified. We cant storm the beaches like some fracking retards you know…

Shadow: Right. We’ll work it out tomorrow. Get some sleep.
Jasco: And now all of a sudden he’s a military advisor…?
Blain: Yup…

Jasco: Hmpf, yeah right…
Shadow: You can stay with them…
Jasco: We’re sharing a hut with this guy?!
Flash: I’LL GET TOP BUNK!!!
Jasco: frack no!
Shadow: Just do it Jasco…
Jasco: *sighs* Fine…
Flash: You’re lucky Shadow spoke for you wolf boy! Otherwise I would whoop yo @$$!

Jasco picked him up by his throat, pulled him over to his face, showed his teeth and growled softly…



Jasco: If you ever make fun of me again, I’ll wring you like fracking sponge…
Flash: You don’t wanna make me go Kung-Kick-Ya-@$$-Fu on you!!

Blain: Would you guys just stop! Damn! That’s suppose to be an RRTS member…
Jasco/Flash: Sorry…

Blain: That’s so fracking immature Jasco…
Jasco: Well he started it…
Blain: JASCO!!!
Jasco: *sighs* Fine…

I sighed and walked away to the hut, but couldn’t help myself chuckle and when I got inside, I split my sides laughing… Jasco entered not long after that…



Flash: What are you guys doing with the RRTS…?
Shadow: Intimidate those who intimidate others Flash…
Flash: So… Like I said, what are they doing here…
Shadow: Well, they have the military experience to lead us to victory… We’ve managed to take out a Titan, they saved us a couple of times… I got a feeling that we’re just getting started here… If we wanna take over Angel Island again, we need a lot of experience and manpower…

Flash: Yeah…

The next morning, I woke up. I saw that Flash was lying on the top bunk, while Jasco is annoyed by his snoring… He pulls a pillow over his head, but… That didn’t helped…



Blain: Dude, you ok?
Jasco: He’s snoring like hell, I didn’t get any sleep last night!
Blain: Well get up, we need to look at those photo’s.
Jasco: Aw damn it…

Jasco looked up and saw Flash’s leg sticking out. He got up and pulled Flash’s leg, so that he fell out of the bed…



Flash: WHOA!!
Jasco: Goodmorning.
Flash: … Asshole…

We looked outside and saw that everyone was getting up. Amy and Cream were setting up the tables… We ate something, and after we’re done, Shadow gestured us to sit at another table, where he had maps of Mobius and those photo’s.



Shadow: Take a look at this, See something you recognize?

We all took a look at the maps and the photo’s. It looked liked Mystic Ruins, Angel Island and Westopolis formed a triangle shaped defence line while in the middle of it were some small bases. Robotropolis fell in the middle of it.



Blain: Now I get it…
Cyrus: What?
Blain: Robotropolis was to fall. The Red Faction managed to take over Angel Island, Mystic Ruins and Westopolis and closed Robotnik in. Robotropolis had to fall, because it got surrounded…

Shadow: Angel Island has the largest base of the Red Faction. These photo’s indicate that the beaches are heavily fortified to fight of incoming attacks.

Jasco: How we gonna pull this one off…? We cant do this just with us…
Shadow: We’ve been planning it for a while now. Most of the other local resistant group are aware of the assault. We just need to plan it.

Cyrus: Hey Jasco… Take a look at this…
Jasco: What’s that…?
Cyrus: They’ve got whole AA batteries…
Shadow: What?
Cyrus: Artillery fire… Look. This one is placed on the north side of the beach. If we can capture it, we can use it to bombard the other batteries, clearing the whole area for us to storm the beaches.

Blain: Wait a sec… Angel Island, I thought that it floated in the air…
Shadow: Not anymore. Since the war broke out, Knuckles couldn’t guard the Master Emerald anymore. It got shattered to pieces and the island fell in the ocean…

Blain: I see…
Cyrus: How many are participating in the attack?
Shadow: About 100.000… Angel Island is very large to take over.
Jasco: Are they trained in combat…?
Shadow: Most of them… No… However, ex-G.U.N agents are trying to recruit the others. Which is another reason why we brought you in.

Jasco: You’re expecting us to recruit them?
Shadow: No… But, you’ll get the full leadership of those troops, divided into four battalions.

Cyrus: Four battalions…? There just the three of us…

Then Flash came standing next to Shadow…



Flash: G.U.N Second Class Lieutenant Flash, reporting for duty sir.
Jasco: No way…
Shadow: What?
Jasco: Look how young he is! He cant be a lieutenant!
Shadow: G.U.N trained there agents at a very young age…
Cyrus: Agents…?
Shadow: Mercenaries if you will…

Blain: Welcome aboard Flash… Sergeant Blain…
Cyrus: What the frack…? You’re a sergeant…?
Blain: Yup…
Cyrus: Since when!?
Blain: Since the recapture of Station Square 4 years ago…

Jasco looked at Flash…



Jasco: Private First Class Jasco…
Cyrus: Corporal Cyrus…

Flash: I don’t know Shadow… 25.000 people under your command is a bit risky…
Blain: We cant split up during the attacks.
Cyrus: Well… The south side of the island is the most weakest. It isn’t that heavily guarded as the other sides of the island. They might think that if we’re gonna attack, we’ll attack from the north, because that is the most likely option for us.

Blain: So we’re taking the left side…
Jasco: We’re not going alone. We need to take a couple of others who are experienced themselves. The other ones however, just need to lay low and shoot back. Once we manage to take out the artilleries, then they can storm the dunes.

Flash: But… Remember, those guys, there not stupid.
Blain: What if we send a specialized squad to take out the artilleries…? Then we’ll be able to coordinate the attack on the beaches, and once an entrance is breached, there’s nothing what could stop us.

Shadow: Don’t think its gonna be a walk in the park. I’ve seen what there capable of…

Cyrus: When is the attack taking place….?
Shadow: In 7 days…

Then Tails ran towards us and told us that there was someone trying to contact him on the radio. When we got to his workshop, we heard that there was a lot of shooting and explosions. We could hardly hear him, but he asked for help. Or, screaming for help really… He said something about Mystic Ruins and the transmission cuts off



Blain: This is it… You guys wanted some action…? Now’s your chance… The war against the Red Faction has started.…

To be continued…




Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on February 20, 2007, 12:37:42 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOh wow I wasn't expecting that, talk about a way to surprise me. Thanks a lot for putting Flash in dude!

nextguardian on February 19, 2007, 9:23:26 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianPoor Jasco, no respect!

Anyway, great chapter!