Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10... The great crusade...

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10... The great crusade...

Chapter 10 - Chapter 10... The great crusade...
Since Flash got here, the mood was a bit tense. Not because of Flash, but for the planned attack on Angel Island. Everyone was forced to participate, except for Tails, Amy and Cream. The rest however, are meant to fight along…



Five days passed by slowly. Day in, day out, Tails received numerous radio messages of incoming attack of the Red Faction. In the passed few days, Flash managed to settle in. We consider him as one of us now, but… He can never take Tyrone’s place… No one can…



Tonight, were heading out towards the Rendezvous Point near a small town called Unity Station. It’s a minor victory for the Freedom Fighters after taking it over from the Red Faction



On the evening of day 5, I saw Shadow sitting… I decided to join him…



Blain: ‘Sup Shadow.
Shadow: Hey.
Blain: You know… I was wondering.
Shadow: What is it?
Blain: You never told me how you did it…
Shadow: Did what?
Blain: Well, those explosions you caused, and disappearing…
Shadow: You mean this…?

Shadow pulled out a blue emerald. It was pretty actually. He grasped the emerald firmly and it starting glowing. And then all of a sudden, he disappeared… Few seconds after that, he appears next to me on the other side…


Blain: What the frack…
Shadow: It’s Chaos Control… One is able to travel through time and space…
Blain: How did you learned it…?
Shadow: I didn’t… It’s a power I got integrated with me when I was created…
Blain: Created? By who?
Shadow: Dr. Robotnik… Gerald Robotnik…
Blain: The tyrant…?
Shadow: No… The scientist… Gerald Robotnik is the grandfather…
Blain: So… If I’m created… You think I’ll be able to do that…?
Shadow: You’re an Ultimate Lifeform..?
Blain: Yeah… We were always told that we are. That we’re the legacy of his Grandfathers heritage…

Shadow: I’ll show you…
Blain: What? Shadow: Hold on to me.

I saw the emerald glowing again, and… I felt weird all of a sudden. I saw the others walking, but they slowed down and came to a complete stop, while they’re in a walking motion. Shadow got up, and I followed him…



Shadow: Chaos Control allows you to stop time and space. It looks like time is continuing normally for us, but in the real world, its nothing more but a second…

Blain: Sweet… So, how long does it take…?
Shadow: Not long.

I saw everyone getting back slowly… Then it was back to normal again…



Blain: That was… Awkward…
Shadow: You’ll get used to it…

I saw Flash standing near the table, discussing tactics with Cyrus and Jasco. Flash pulled a prank on him… He lifted his index finger, then a spark and he touched Jacso’s fur. Static electricity… Jasco’s fur got puffy and static… Flash and Cyrus laughed there @$$es off…



Shadow: Heh, Flash never changes…
Blain: He has powers…?
Shadow: Yeah. Electric… Could generate up to 400.000 volts…
Blain: How did he get it…?
Shadow: I don’t know… Some say he’s born with it, others say he licked a spark plug… Who knows, really?

Blain: Heh…
Shadow: … You’re rather interested in powers are you…?
Blain: Why you ask…?
Shadow: Why do you keep asking about powers…?

He had a point though… I was curious about those powers. Sonic who could run fracking fast, Shadow, who can disappear and travel time and space, and a whole bunch of others. I wanted to know why we don’t have powers…



Blain: How come you guys have powers but not us…?
Shadow: Powers… It’s a relative understanding…
Blain: What do you mean by that…?

Shadow: Take a look at Jasco. He’s not created like you guys. He’s seen the war through the eyes of the common man and as a soldier. Watching his friends get shot, families being rounded up, separated from his loved ones. Yet still he manage to live on after all he’s been through.


Blain: How’d you know Jasco isn’t created…?
Shadow: I know a lot…
Blain: Right… So, you’re saying that Jasco has the courage to live on…?
Shadow: Blain… The definition of courage is to hold on to fear for just a few more minutes… You must know that by now…

I looked at Shadow but… He was right. He looked back at me with a piercing look in my eyes… I’ve never admitted it, but… When we’re going to battle, I’m always nervous… Afraid of the outcome. My left hand is shaking a bit when I’m nervous…



Shadow: Powers doesn’t always have to physical… The powers you guys have is here… Right there in your hearts… Fighting for a cause that’s worth to protect... I know, I’ve been there.

Blain: How’d you know all that stuff…?

Shadow hesitated



Shadow: Someone… Someone said that to me once…

Then Flash called me. I look up and saw that they went back to discussing the tactics again.



Blain: I gotta go, they need me over there.
Shadow: Good luck…

I looked at Shadow and smiled, but… He didn’t smiled back… He looked at me as if he was telling me something, but I couldn’t make anything of it… So I left him and went to the others.



Shadow: FUBAR…

Blain: What is it?
Flash: We’ve managed to work out a strategy here.
Blain: What’s the plan?

Cyrus: The first battalion strikes the right flank of the beach. It’s not that heavily guarded. The first battalion contains the ones who are still rookies or don’t have any combat experience. The second battalion assaults the middle of the beach along with the third battalion. There jobs is to open up this section so the others can pass through. After the first wave, the remaining forces join us with armoured vehicles. We’ve already contacted other leaders, and preparing captured vehicles for the assault. However, the fourth battalion will get the toughest section of the beach. It contains the experienced troops, that have already been in action. The three of us are the leaders.

Blain: How much vehicles?
Cyrus: We’ve got 15 Battlewalkers, 28 tanks, 9 gunships, 6 APC’s and 13 airtransports

Blain: That’s quite a lot…
Cyrus: Yeah…
Jasco: It’s getting dark guys… We need to tell the others and get moving to the Rendezvous point…

We called everybody together… Everyone got together…



Blain: Guys listen up… The moment of truth… What we’re about to do, is something that has never been done before. It’s quite risky too, but if everything works with us, we can call it a day. Once we’re out there, there’s no turning back. So whoever doesn’t want to go, say it now. This is the last chance you get…

I looked at the small crowd. Everyone was looking at each other with a rather nervous look. No one said anything…



Sonic: I’m not stepping back this time… Too long we’ve been suffering under Robotnik’s regime, and now that he’s finally defeated, we’re still not free… Naah, I’m not stepping back… Let’s finish this once and for all…

Everyone looked at Sonic… I could see that deep down inside, everyone agreed with him…



Flash: Then it’s settled… Pack your bags guys… We’ll leave in one hour…


Everyone looked at each other and headed back to there huts, packing there stuff… The three of us went to the hut to take our weapons and gear up. After we’re done, we came outside with our weapons. At that point I saw Tails’s workshop opening up. We heard stomping sounds and saw the battlewalker coming out. The top hatch opened up and we saw Tails sitting there. He came towards us.



Tails: Fully loaded and ready to go guys. She’s all yours!
Jasco: Thanks Tails...
Tails: Before you go, I got something for you guys…

Tails pulled out 3 small gadgets…



Cyrus: What is it…?
Tails: IPS, or… Instant Personal Shield.

Tails pushed a button and the gadget opened up. It’s a small force field…



Tails: When you’re under fire, put this down, get in a prone position and push the button. It can shield you against enemy fire, but its not effective when you’re taking fire from a vehicle.

Jasco: Thanks Tails, this’ll come in handy…
Tails: No problem… Oh and eeh… Blain?
Blain: Yeah?
Tails: Take this…

Tails tossed a bag of clips… It was for my weapon, the Scar-11…



Tails: The Tungsten core ammo you’ve requested…

I looked at Tails and smiled at him…



Blain: Thanks buddy… You’ve been really helpful since we got here…
Tails: No worries! And eeh… Be careful out there guys…
Cyrus: Will do…

Everyone gathered around in the centre of the village. The kids, Tails, Amy and Cream, stands to the side of the crowd… This is it… The first large scale assault on the Red Faction is about to begin…



Flash: Ok, listen up people! The Walker leads the way! Stay behind it at all times! Once we’re at the rendezvous point, you’ll be split up, judging on either the experience you got, or the powers you have! It’s all coming down in 2 days!

Jasco: Last chance! If anyone has second thoughts about this, then say it now!

We looked around, nobody said anything…



Blain: Then let’s kick some @$$…

Cyrus and me got in the battlewalker while the others are standing behind us. Everyone prepared to leave. Before I got in, I saw Tala was about to walk away but Jasco stops her… And there sitting down…



Jasco: Tala…?
Tala: Yeah?
Jasco: You sure about this…?
Tala: We don’t have any options Jasco… You know that…
Jasco: Well… It’s just that…
Tala: What?
Jasco: I don’t wanna lose you again Tala…
Tala: You’ve never lost me… Don’t you think I was happy when I saw you again…?
Jasco: … You greeted me with a bullet in the @$$…
Tala: I told you to get out of the way…
Jasco: Thing is… All these times... When I was alone out there, I always thought about you… Wondering if I could see you again… If you’re still alive… And well… It feels weird…

Tala: What feels weird…?
Jasco: All these years, we got separated… Now that we see each other again, we carry on like nothing ever happened…

Tala: It feels weird for me too Jasco…
Jasco: Still… I was hoping that… We’re gonna be together one day…

Everyone looks at the couple… They didn’t noticed we listened… Cyrus couldn’t resist…



Cyrus: OK!! ON THREE GUYS!! WE ALL GO AAAAAAAAAAAWW!!!!
All: AAAAAAAAAAAWW!!!!

Jasco: Damn it Cyrus…
Tala: Don’t mind them…

Tala gives a hug to Jasco, while she puts her head on his chest and stroke his fur… He placed a hand on her head and caresses her dark purple hair… He smiled…



Within the hour we left Knothole to Unity Station. A small town located close to the sea. After a day travelling without much trouble on the way, we reached the town in the evening. We saw how much creatures there were, divided up in different battalions.



Cyrus, Jasco and me are leading the fourth battalion… The toughest section on the beach… Flash, Tala, Shadow and Rouge are with the second and third battalion, where Flash leads the third battalion and Tala the second. The other ones, Sonic, Knuckles and the rest got divided in the first battalion…



We saw the arsenal we got… Like Cyrus said, we got 15 Battlewalkers, 28 tanks, 9 gunships, 6 APC’s and 13 airtransports to back us up while we’re assaulting the beaches…



We saw Angel Island in the distance… It was beautiful really… The way the nightsky lighted the island up… Something that would be expected in storybooks… I took a closer look and could see fire… I took a more closer look and realized it wasn’t ordinary fire…



Blain: Son of a dog… They know it…

Then suddenly…



Hedgehog: INCOMING ARTILLERY!!

Once I heard that, I didn’t think twice… I yelled to Cyrus and Jasco to take cover… Not long after that, artillery fire rained down on us. We saw creatures getting launched up in the air, dead ones, live ones… Shortly after that, the whistle blows for the first wave to attack the beaches. We couldn’t wait for tomorrow now… The three of us ran like hell to reach the amphibious APC along with 30 others… The APC’s took off the beaches and were heading for the island. We didn’t know how the others we’re doing, and I could see that Jasco is looking very worried… I looked down and saw my left hand shaking…



To be continued…






Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on February 22, 2007, 3:25:00 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogAbsolutely awesome chapter. Nuf said

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on February 20, 2007, 10:44:37 PM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0I need more! I can't even think of actiony stuff like this myself! Keep going man!

nextguardian on February 20, 2007, 9:36:09 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianOh man, this is the best one yet!