Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Chapter 14... Shadows of death...

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 14 - Chapter 14... Shadows of death...

Chapter 14 - Chapter 14... Shadows of death...
Jasco was on the edge of having a mental breakdown… He didn’t said anything, but he stared into blank space…



As the heavy rain still pours on us, we were looking for a way to get out. Since there are still snipers, we couldn’t move… In the distance, we heard more gunfire and explosions. This whole deal started to escalade…



Flash: The APC is not coming back…
Magneto: What…? Flash: Look… They forgot about us…
Blain: Oh shoot…

We saw an APC driving away in the distance…



Flash: Look eeh… We can either stay here and die… Or get the hell out of here…
Blain: Got a plan…?
Flash: Doing the same thing the sniper did… Hold something up.
Blain: Magneto, gimme your backpack.
Magneto: Great, now we gotta surrender our backpacks…
Blain: You got a problem with that?
Magneto: No sir, I’m just saying that this is a waste of valuable military resources…



He gave me his backpack and I smiled at him… Flash took his weapon and got in a prone position a few meters away from us. I hold up the backpack and a shot was heard. It went right through the backpack… After that, Flash spotted the sniper and fired…



Flash: All clear!!
Blain: Go!! Go!!

We ran towards the building when the sniper was at and got up the 11th floor. We found the sniper still alive, but he was hit in his throat and struggling holding his hands against his throats



Blain: Eeew… That looks nasty… Nice shot Flash…
Flash: Why thank you… ^^

I looked back at the sniper and Jasco was bashing him in his face over and over again… The guy died but he still keeps on bashing his face… The rest of us tried to get Tala up and pulled her on the balcony… As she is put down, something got dropped out of her pockets… It was a pendant… Jasco saw that and picked it up. He opened it and saw a picture of him… He stared at it for a while…



Blain: Jasco… We gotta go…
Jasco: I’m not doing this anymore…
Blain: What…?
Jasco: Forget about that military bullshoot and the RRTS Blain… We’re not working for Robotnik anymore… So why would we fight someone else’s war…? It doesn’t make any sense…

Blain: We’re too deeply involved to step back now… We cant go back… All we can do now is look to the future and not the past…

Jasco: Its because I died a long time ago in the past…

I smacked Jasco on the head…



Jasco: Ouch!! Why the hell was that for!?
Blain: Pain is a good thing wolf boy…
Jasco: What…?
Blain: It lets you know your still alive…

I looked at Jasco and he sighed… He puts the pendant in his pockets and carried Tala… I was the last one to get out of the building. As I got out of it, they all stand in line awaiting the next order… I looked at Jasco and remembered something…



Blain: Listen up… We’re gonna get Talon, Take his dogtags and keep hold of it…
Flash: Got it…
Blain: No one gets left behind…


We eventually got Talon’s body… Upham got his dogtags...



Many hours later, we were walking through the cover of darkness, with the rain still pouring on usThe firefights died down… Then suddenly, Ice says to stop…



Ice: Wait a sec… Get down…
Blain: What is it?
Ice: Give me your binoculars…
So I gave him my binoculars…


Ice: Bunkers up ahead, armed with machine guns.



Ice gave me the binoculars back and I looked through them. We needed to get past them…



Blain: Right, listen up. Jasco, you stay here.
Jasco: What?! But-
Blain: No fracking buts with me… Who’s gonna look after you when your dead…
Jasco: …
Blain: Flash, go up the right…
Upham: How about if I go to the left sir? Blain: With the way you run? Hell no…
Upham: … How about if I go up the middle sir…? Blain: How about you shut the hell up?!

Flash: What the hell is wrong with you…?
Blain: Nothing… Prepare a smoke screen…

Everyone grabbed a smoke grenade and threw it on the streets. After they exploded, a thick smoke screen filled the air and we ran towards the bunkers. Not long after that, we heard gunfire. We took out the machineguns and after the smoke cleared up, we saw Upham lying face down on the street… Flash yelled for Jasco and he ran towards… But Upham was dead… Thunder, Ice and Magneto searched the bunkers came out with a rebel alive…


Blain: Let him go…
All: What?!
Flash: All he’s gonna do is find the rest of his friends!! And claim another life!
Blain: I said let him go…

So they let him go…



Blain: Get your gear… Let’s go…

Everyone packed there gear… But Flash stays put…



Jasco: Your heard him… Gear up. The sergeant gave you an order.
Flash: Yeah, like the one he gave to take out those bunkers!! That was a real victory, wasn't it?!!

Flash walked over to me, and pushed me…



Jasco: You’re going way out of line Flash!

Flash: Yes sir, that was one hell of a call coming to take these bunkers!! But hell, we only lost one of our guys going for it!! That's right, I hope the Sergeant is real fracking happy knowing that his life is a little bit more important than two of our guys!

I looked at Flash, and he looks rather pissed at me… He pushed me again… I grabbed my gun and aimed it at his head…



Flash: What…? Your gonna shoot? Right, you wouldn’t kill the fracking rebel and now your gonna shoot me?!

Blain: He’s better then you…


Flash: You may be higher in rank, but your too fracking reckless Blain!! Forget about the military bullshoot!! This isn’t the fracking RRTS!! You put us all in danger and for what?!!

Everyone else is standing on Flash’s side, except for Jasco…



Jasco: You know… Before the war started, I was a mechanic… an electrician... in this little town called Adley, 200 miles from Station Square… Back home, I tell people what I do for a living and they think well, now that figures. But over here, it's a big, a big mystery. So, I guess I've changed some…

Everyone including me were a bit baffled…



Flash: An electrician…?
Jasco: Yes…
Flash: Well I don’t need any…
Jasco: I know that… But… The point is… I know I said that I don’t wanna do this anymore… Deep inside, if you look to the future… I know one day I’m gonna be an electrician again…

Flash: Because you want your old life back…?
Jasco: No… Because when the war ends, I’m out of a job…
All: …… Ah…

Jasco: So… That’s one of the positive things that lies ahead for me in the future… So… Blain…?

Blain: Yeah?
Jasco: Snap the frack out of it of whatever is wrong with you… Seriously…

I looked at Jasco, and I could see he meant it… All of them started to walk away… I grabbed my backpack and weapons and followed them…



Few hours later, we were still walking through the destroyed city… Nobody said anything… Jasco carried Tala while Flash carried Upham… I was still walking behind the crew…



Jasco: I was thinking…
Flash: What?
Jasco: When the war ends… I’m setting up my own electrical company…
Flash: Heh…
Jasco: Care to join…? I could use someone like you…
Flash: *sarcastically* Yeah sure…
Jasco: Got a curriculum vitae?
Flash: A what…?
Jasco: List of jobs what you did in the past…
Flash: Eehm… I killed a few people… Blew up some buildings…
Jasco: That’ll do… Your hired…

Flash laughs as Jasco gave a weak smile… Suddenly, we heard stomping sounds…



Thunder: What’s that…?
Flash: Just the thunder…
Thunder: I got a bad feeling about this…
Flash: When was the last time you felt good about something…?

Then Magneto turned around…



Magneto: BATTLEWALKER HEADING OUR WAY!! GET GOING!! GO!! GO!!

Then I turned around… And saw the battlewalker in the distance… And some rebels… I tried running away but I was chased down by those rebels… I ran as fast as I could and saw the others running in front of me… Then all of a sudden it happened… I felt a very sharp pain in my chest and fell down… I put my hand on the place where I felt the pain and I looked at my hand… I saw dark red blood on it and my hand is shaking… I tried crawling but I couldn’t feel my legs… Then slowly… my vision became weaker, my hearing became weaker… I saw a figure running towards me and I could vaguely see that it was Flash... He yelled something but… I couldn’t hear it… He picked me up and ran…



Flash: Don’t do this to me Blain!!

Flash suddenly tripped… I don’t know what caused it, but he suddenly dropped me…



Blain: … Go… Leave… me…
Flash: NOBODY GETS LEFT BEHIND!!!
Blain: GO… Let me… do something useful…

I suddenly heard something bouncing… Flash yanked off my dogtags and I could hear him say “Thanks”… He had tears in his eyes and ran off… Not long after that, I heard a vague explosion and the whole world seemed to be turned upside down… And I landed on my back… I think I saw my left arm a few meters away from me… A rebel came standing near me… That was the last thing I remembered… After that, I felt numb… I couldn’t move anything… I had my eyes still open but I couldn’t see… It was all pitch black… I died…



Rebel: He’s dead sir!
Rebel2: Get the others…

Jasco: Flash!? Where the hell is Blain?!
Flash: He didn’t make it!!
Jasco: WHAT?!!
Thunder: WE HAVE TO GO!! NOW!!

Jasco, Flash, Thunder, Ice and Magneto ran through the city while being chased by the battlewalker. Then suddenly, the battlewalker died down…



Flash: How the hell is that possible?!
Jasco: Who threw the EMP grenade?!
Flash: IT DOESN’T MATTER NOW!! GO!!

They reached outside the city and saw reinforcements waiting for them. Once they reached it, they all collapse down… Flash looked at Jasco and gave him Blain’s dogtags…



Flash: I’m sorry Jasco… I tried saving him…

Meanwhile… A person stands next to Blain…



???: How ironic… Get him inside. Don’t forget his left arm.

To be continued…


Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on March 18, 2007, 1:08:50 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianWhoa...I can honestly say I didn't see that coming

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on March 16, 2007, 11:05:57 PM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0OMFG! THEY KILLED BLAIN!!!*pulls big friggin gun* That's it! I'm going in!*runs into explosions, only to tripped by a rock* ...Ow...
 
Awesomeness is unbearble! I can't imagine what will happen next!

Flashthehedgehog on March 17, 2007, 3:20:48 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehoglmao!

Flashthehedgehog on March 17, 2007, 3:20:25 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogAh balls! Well obviously I'd be swearing a lot more than that but you know....kids and stuff

Wonderful setimental chapter, you don't mind if I use this as a reference in my story do you?

AngelicZero on March 16, 2007, 6:35:37 PM

AngelicZero on
AngelicZerowoah...nice so far keep it going