Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Chapter 15... Redeemer...

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 15 - Chapter 15... Redeemer...

Chapter 15 - Chapter 15... Redeemer...
“Vital signs are looking normal…



That was the first thing I heard… It sounded like a robot… I couldn’t move for a while, but I started to get back feeling in my legs. Although I could feel my right arm a bit, my left one felt almost numb… I felt very cold, and still couldn’t see… My hearing became more clear and I heard someone entering the room…



???: That’s gonna leave a few scars Blain…
Blain: Ro… Robotnik…?
Robotnik: Indeed…
Blain: But… How…?
Robotnik: I’m not a complete idiot you know… After the fall of Robotropolis, I decided to step back for a while…

Blain: But…
Robotnik: You actually died Blain… That’s not something I would expect from an RRTS Member… Good thing I was around…

Blain: Thanks…
Robotnik: Don’t thank me yet… You see… We’ve been watching you for a while now… I simply loved the way you guys blew up the rebel’s titan, and… Oh yeah! The assault on Angel Island! To bad Cyrus kicked the bucket, but hey! Things like that happen! But… I scratched your back… Now its time for you to scratch my back…

How the hell could he know about the Titan…? And the Angel Island assault…? I tried opening my eyes, but everything was really blurry… And it hurts… I closed them again…



Robotnik: So… Here’s the deal… In the 3 months you’ve been away, the Red Factions numbers decreased dramatically. Mostly because of the Freedom Fighters, but we did some attacks too… Well, secretly of course. We wouldn’t want to blow our cover…

Then I suddenly remembered the Titan shot down when we were on the way to Station Square…



Robotnik: You still with me?
Blain: … Yeah…
Robotnik: Good. So… Mystic Ruins fell in the hands of the Freedom Fighters. Now that the Red Faction defeat is immanent, I’ll take back my place… So, re-join the RRTS with other lifeforms. And work for me again…

Blain: But… I cant… Jasco… And… The others-
Robotnik: Everyone thinks your dead Blain! Or better yet… Everyone is dead…
Blain: What…?
Robotnik: Yes! Everyone! I even have proof!

I tried sitting up but it hurts like hell. I heard something rattling and a file was being played… I heard everyone screaming and shots were fired… Somehow… That didn’t convinced me… I tried opening my eyes again. I could this time, but… with trouble. I could hardly keep them open… I saw I was on a table… Not strapped or anything…



Robotnik: And if that’s not convincing you…

I heard a door opening and… Shadow walked through…? I turned my head slowly and looked at him… He looks a bit shocked…



Robotnik: Shadow here was the one that sold them out! At least someone that came to his senses!

I looked with disbelieve at Shadow… He just stood there and looked at me…



Blain: You… asshole…
Robotnik: Shadow, could you leave for a second…? Blain and I need some discussing to do…

So Shadow left…



Blain: Your fracking insane…
Robotnik: Well such potty mouth! That’s not very nice saying that to someone who brought you back to life!

Robotnik stood up, and walked towards me. I looked at him and he taps on my left arm… It hurts so much I screamed of pain…



Robotnik: Nanobot Technology Blain… Bare that in mind. Your heart is currently being powered by Chaos Drive, which isn’t gonna last forever. I’d say 2 days. Don’t do something stupid like escaping, because you’d be dead within 2 days… I’m not intending to bring you back to life every time so, please remember that… In the meantime… Think about my offer…

He started to walk out of the door…



Blain: How’d you do it…?
Robotnik: Do what?
Blain: Bring me back to life…?
Robotnik: Blain… It’s Nanobot Technology… Who says your alive…?

After that… He left… Everyone was dead… I was dead… It all seemed like a dream, but… It wasn’t… Being dead for three months…? Shadow that betrayed us all…? With all those thoughts running through my head, I fell asleep…



Somehow, I woke up… Everything was pitch black… And everything still hurts like hell and couldn’t move a limb… I could see through a small window that it was night time… I suddenly felt a hand on my left arm… And it hurts so much I screamed in pain…



Shadow: Whoa!! Easy, take it easy… I’m sorry…
Blain: You… You betrayed us…
Shadow: Its good to see your still there Blain…
Blain: Cut the bullshoot… I know that-

Shadow: Listen to me Blain… Robotnik is lying. Everyone is still alive. Jasco, Flash, and everyone else. They participated in the assault to bring down Mystic Ruins. And they succeeded. Robotnik is lying so that you would join his side again.

Blain: Why the hell is this happening…

Shadow: Everyone thought you died 3 months ago… Few weeks after that, we found out that Robotnik had his base somewhere near the deserts. I decided to infiltrate and pretend I’m on his side to gain valuable information. So far, Robotnik still thinks that I’m his side, but its all a diversion to bring him down.

Blain: Do they know I’m still alive…?
Shadow: Not yet. I’m gonna contact them and tell them your alive. We’ll get you out of here. Just hang on for a little while…

Blain: I’ll try…
Shadow: Bare in mind Blain… This is very risky. If this goes wrong, we’re all fracked. To increase your survival chances, join his side… After its all set, we’re gonna bust you out.

Blain: Why…? Why would you do it…?
Shadow: … Because no one gets left behind…

After that, he left again… I tried closing my eyes but I just couldn’t get some sleep.



Meanwhile…



Shadow: Rouge, it’s me.
Rouge: Go ahead…
Shadow: Seems one of us is still alive. Contact the others and gather at Knothole.

Rouge: Sure, but… Who is it?
Shadow: I cant talk now, I’ll see you tomorrow.

I don’t know how long I’ve been wondering. The pain of my left arm… It’s just too much really. Then just all of a sudden, I saw the image of my arm… Lying in a puddle of dark red blood… I actually got scared there… If I’d be wearing pants, I would shoot in them… Seriously… Then everything else came by… The things we went through… I saw a lot of dead bodies, my friends being shot, brutal riots in the beginning of the war… For the dead people, the war is over. Not for me… I fell back asleep with a tear running down my cheek… And… Crying was the last thing I would do… What the hell happened to me…?



Few hours later, I woke up… I looked to my left and saw that Robotnik was sitting there…



Robotnik: It’s about time you woke up… Geez… Had a good sleep?
Blain: No… Robotnik: Well good… I’m not being funded to purchase comfortable beds. So anyway, how you doing?

Blain: What the frack does it look like…
Robotnik: Blain… You may not realize this… but… You’re dieing on the inside… You’re seriously in need of medical treatment and I’m the only one who could supply you with that.

Blain: You’re blackmailing me…? Working for you in exchange for life…?
Robotnik: No… No I don’t suppose it is… Call it… “Claiming back property”…

Blain: Right… Why the hell does everything hurt so much…

Robotnik: Well you see… Eeh… How do I put it…? Your arm was blown off… It looks like your normal arm but… It’s not. It’s a bionic one. Metal. Your nerve system is connected with it. Each time you lift your arm, the CPU picks up electrical signals from your brain. However, your body isn’t used to it yet. And then yes, it hurts like hell.

Blain: Why didn’t you just let me die…?
Robotnik: It’s because I need you! I admit it!
Blain: Then why did you let the others die… Tyrone… Cyrus…?

Robotnik: It’s because I didn’t need them back then… Now that the Red Faction is losing… I could use someone like you…

Blain: I’m dieing right now… I only got one more day to live…
Robotnik: Well… Working conditions demands that an employee should live longer then a few days. So here’s the deal… Work for me, and you get a fully charged Chaos Drive…

Blain: How long is that gonna last…
Robotnik: Around 70 years or something…
Blain: How do I know I can trust you…
Robotnik: Look in the mirror… Then tell me if you can trust me. After all, I’m the one who brought you back…

I suddenly got an idea…



Robotnik: So… What’s it gonna be…?

I looked at him and grinned…



Blain: I’m in…
Robotnik: There’s a good lad… We’re starting tomorrow…

He stands up and walks out of the room… I couldn’t help myself grinning while he walked out…



That night, Shadow came back…



Shadow: How you doing?
Blain: Could be better… You know… Robotnik placed a Chaos Drive in me. It’s only gonna last for one more day, then I’m dead again…

Shadow: Really…? Blain: Yeah… But, I told him I’m gonna work for him. He’s gonna place a permanent Chaos Drive in me… This was all a threat so that I would make up my mind sooner… He actually thinks he can threaten me with that…

Shadow: Right… Everything is set. Rouge gathered the others to come up with a plan. I go to Knothole tonight…

Blain: Don’t get caught…
Shadow: I wont…

Shadow got out of the room… After the doors closed, it was total silence… I could hear my own breathing getting louder by every breath… I’m getting crazy for just lying here and not being able to move a muscle… There’s a bright side… Tomorrow its gonna be the beginning of the end… With that in mind, I fell asleep…



MeanwhileShadow used Chaos Control to get back to Knothole… He walks to the centre of the village where everyone waits…



Jasco: What’s happening…?
Amy: Not something bad is it…?
Shadow: Guys… Sit down…

Flash: So what is it…?
Shadow: Blain is kept being alive by Robotnik…
Jasco: What?!!
Flash: He’s still alive…? But…
Shadow: Yeah. However, his condition is still critical. He cant use his limbs yet. And what makes it worse, he’s got a Chaos Drive inside of him. The Chaos Drive only works for one more day. Then its lights out for him.
Flash: So… What are we gonna do…?
Shadow: Blain agreed to switch sides in exchange for a fully charged Chaos Drive. But in reality, he’s still on our side. I don’t know if he can use his limbs after he got the fully charged Chaos Drive, but chances are small. So it’s not without risk.

Amy: You ok Jasco…?
Jasco: I cant believe it… That blue bastard is still alive…

Shadow: But, we’re running out of time… We’d better plan something right away because tomorrow, he’s gonna have his Chaos Drive. Robotnik is gonna find out sooner or later, so we have to act quickly.

Jasco: Flash, let’s go… We got some planning to do…

To be continued…

















Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on March 19, 2007, 5:13:22 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOh wow great chapter, so many twists

nextguardian on March 18, 2007, 1:12:38 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianLooking forward to more!

Child_of_the_feral on March 18, 2007, 7:36:03 AM

Child_of_the_feral on
Child_of_the_feralWoah. Nice chapter!!! Very dramatic.

I can't wait for number 16. ^_^

AngelicZero on March 18, 2007, 7:16:42 AM

AngelicZero on
AngelicZerooh also if you want you can add my character if you want too its all up to you ^^

AngelicZero on March 18, 2007, 7:14:32 AM

AngelicZero on
AngelicZerowoot first to comment!!! wow it seems deep in detail...I like stories like this your very talented gimp let me know if theres more