Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Chapter 18... Beginning of the end...

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 18 - Chapter 18... Beginning of the end...

Chapter 18 - Chapter 18... Beginning of the end...
As we stood there, looking at the devasted wasteland, we were thinking of what to do… Tails managed to contact some of the survivors and we would meet them at Robotropolis trying to discuss some tactics. But it doesn’t look to good for us… I felt nervous, but calm at the same time… I don’t know what it was… I shoulder my weapon and looked at the others…



Jasco: What are you doing? Blain: We cant stay here. Look at this mess… Gear up, we’re heading for Robotropolis.

So we did… We packed whatever was left, which wasn’t much. I called Tails and told him to get his stuff. He ran to the bunker and came out with a laptop, some uplink cables and some other stuff…



Tails: I’m not sure about this…
Blain: We’ll keep an eye on you.

After that, I walked away and looked back. Everyone hesitated except for Jasco, Flash and Zero. I cant blame them. Seeing we got very low firepower and even less vehicles, makes it seem that no one will get out alive out of this one. Hell… We moved through the devastated plains…



Blain: Whatever happened to Thunder, Ice and Magneto?
Flash: They got send back home.
Blain: Why didn’t they stay with us? Flash: Orders from above. They were needed somewhere else.
Blain: … Right…

Few hours later… We were still on our way to Robotropolis… Seeing it was still a long way, I decided to have a talk with Zero…



Blain: So, where did they found you?
Zero: … Behind a desk…
Blain: Hehe…
Zero: No seriously. I was put out of commission. I made coffee during the Mystic Ruins assault…

Blain: Seriously? Zero: Yeah.
Blain: Why?
Zero: Well… Eeh… Truth be told, we got snitched.
Blain: By who? Zero: I still don’t know. We got ambushed and I manage to escape. I’m the only survivor of the team.

Blain: I heard you were a mercenary.
Zero: Yeah. Well, I was. You know, making a quick buck. We even did some bounty hunting.

Blain: I see…

I noticed his two holsters carrying 2 big pistols. I’ve never seen those…



Blain: What’s that your wearing?
Zero: Ah, this?

He pulls out his pistols and gave one to me. It felt a bit heavy.



Zero: Custom made nickel-plated .357 Desert Eagles.
Blain: I’ve never seen those…
Zero: Well yeah. They date back at the times where guns couldn’t talk.

He looked at my weapon and I knew what he meant. I laughed.

Blain: Where’d you get those?
Zero: I got them from a friend a long time ago. As a gift…

I looked at it and pulled out the clip… Big @$$ bullets were in it…



Blain: I bet it would blow someone’s head of at close range…
Zero: Yeah, something like that.
Blain: Remind me that I have to get those.
Zero: No problem…

Many hours later… We reached a small city. The whole city got annihilated. As we were walking through the city, a lot of dead bodies could be seen. The stench of death filled the air as it slowly started to rain. I looked up at the skies and there was still those dark grey clouds with a bit of a dark red aurora in it… Probably caused by those nukes…



Jasco: So… Let me get this straight… Dog’s bollocks are good, where bollocks is bad?
Flash: Yup…
Jasco: Dogs bollocks!

I was still looking at the skies when I suddenly heard the others yelling. I looked at Jasco and Flash and saw them aiming there weapons at something. I looked too and saw some rebels. They took cover and so did we. Now long after that, we heard the stomping sounds of a battlewalker…



Flash: Oh bollocks…
Jasco: Your bollocks? Flash: No just bollocks…
Jasco: Dog’s bollocks? Flash: No, just plain fracking bollocks…
Jasco: No dog involved?! Flash: No! Just plain fracking bollocks!!

Then all of a sudden…



???: Come on out! It’s ok!
Flash: What…?

Jasco peeked to see what was going on. He then smiled and told us to get up. We got up and walked towards them. A hedgehog sticks her head through the hatch… It’s a girl… Dark brown with golden locks… Heh, she seemed pretty. I kept staring at her when suddenly Flash poked me…



Flash: Need a bucket Romeo? *chuckles*

We walked ahead and saw a few other hedgehogs… And 3 more rebels… Somehow, they weren’t fighting… Jasco started talking to one of the hedgehogs and after he’s done, he walked back to me…



Jasco: Look… Eeh…
Blain: Wait… What’s going on?
Jasco: These guys are working together. Since the rest of the Red Faction got annihilated, they teamed up to survive.

Blain: I don’t fracking believe this…
Jasco: What? Blain: Look! Just look around! Look at where this led too! The total annihilation of every thing?!
Rebel: Hey… frack you, you guys weren’t actually welcoming us too…

And those rebels started walking towards us…



Rebel: You think it was fun for us? Living in a shoot hole? Not everyone agreed to do so!

I could see the others looking.. Well, kinda hesitating… Although I had my opinion ready, the others didn’t… They seem to be ok with it…


Blain: Jasco… Look at me! I SAID LOOK AT ME DAMN IT!!

Jasco looked at…



Blain: Look what those bastards did to us Jasco! To me!!

I was starting to loose it. I mean, we’ve been fighting them for a long them and all of a sudden we need to team up with them? frack no… One rebel had a deformed nose and his left middlefinger. He looked kinda familiar but I cant place him. He walked up to Jasco…



Rebel: Look what you guys did to me… You hear me doging about it? I don’t fracking think so.

Jasco: What the hell are you talking about? Rebel: Yeah, That’s right… You’d probably not remembering it…

All of a sudden he spits in Jasco’s face…



Rebel: Maybe that will give you a reason to remember…

He wipes it off and is about to punch the rebel… He didn’t punch him, because of the confident look he has. But his eyes betrayed that he was scared… Jasco pushed him and poked Flash…



Jasco: Heh… Chicken bollocks…
Flash: *chuckles*
Rebel: What? You want some?
Flash: I’ll bet your momma does…
Rebel: Hey! frack you!!
???: Hey!! Cool it!!
Everyone looked at the girl…


???: Look… It doesn’t matter now who started first. All we know now is that we all get killed if we don’t do something quick about it. And to be honest, we need all the help we can get. And if it means that we need to work together with our enemies, then so be it! It’s time to put an end to it! To stop the slaughtering!

Blain: The Red Faction killed millions like us. That’s not slaughtering, that’s genocide…

Rebel: Define “like us”…
Blain: What the hell are you talking about?

Rebel: You got those stripe patterns on your head. The others don’t have that, so why do you? That black one has it too. You wanna know why?

He walked up to me and taps on my vest…



Rebel: It’s because your created. So don’t act like your one of them. Your still the RRTS and created by Robotnik. Your not one of them… If you ask me, your nothing more then a hypocrite asshole trying to squeeze in somewhere for protection and not to get killed…

Well that was kinda harsh was it…? Considering that I actually died before made me lose my mind… I jumped on the guy and punched him. Not long after that, the other rebels ran towards me. At that point, Flash, Jasco, and Zero ran too and it was a big fight. It didn’t lasted for long, because Amy shouted…



Amy: Stop it!! Don’t you see?! She has a point! We need to put an end to this! Let’s put our differences away and let the past be the past… If we want to make it out alive, then we better need to work together…

Everyone thought for a while…



Rebel: … The pink thing is right…
Amy: *glares at rebel*

It stayed quiet for a while…



Jasco: Yeah… Let’s end this… I’ve had enough…
Blain: But… They killed everyone we’d ever care for…
Jasco: That’s why I want it to end. I don’t wanna lose another one…

I looked at the others and they were standing at Jasco’s side… Even the rebel who agreed with Amy… The other rebels are looking at him a bit baffled… I looked at Jasco and all the others. I shoulder my weapon and walked off…



Rebel: You want to leave? You want to go off and fight the war by yourself? All right, all right… I won't stop you… Good luck.

I looked down, closed my eyes and sighed. I turned around… The other rebels are looking at each other and joined them too. The rebel who agreed with Amy sat down, grabbed a cigarette out of his pockets and lights it up… I walked back to them…



Jasco: Well good…
Blain: Does the Red Faction know this…? Rebel: Yeah… There assembling troops now…
Flash: Heh, sweet…
Rebel: So… What’s the plan…?

We told them we were heading to Robotropolis for the final battle. It’s practically suicide, but hell, it might be as well over…



We kept on walking for hours again until we saw Robotropolis in the distance. The rain got heavier. I looked up and still saw the dark red aurora in the skies. It was actually a beautiful sight with the rain…



As we were walking over a hill, we could see a couple of thousand creatures like us. We joined them… The kids got safe somewhere…



Not long after that, we saw a few thousand rebels arriving from the east. Five gunships flew above us while four Battlewalkers were escorting the troops. The Red Faction and Freedom Fighters merged together as the GLA… The Global Liberation Army… All of the troops including us took position at the open plains, standing in a 10x10 line… A guy of the Red Faction stepped forward to give a speech to the troops… We all looked at Jasco… Seeing he’s the oldest one… He sighed and walked towards the guy. I looked towards the city and saw something coming towards us in large numbers…



Rebel: Soldiers of the Global Liberation Army!! From now on!! It is either victory!! Or death!! The outcome, isn’t sure!! But if you suddenly see forests with happy woodland creatures picking up daisies!! Don’t bother!! You’re already dead!!

Jasco: We got a reason to do this!! This, is for freedom!! We’re gonna make them taste the sun!! And kiss the motherfracking rainbow!!

Rebel: So!! GO!! Fight for freedom!! And die with honour!! WE WILL DIE ON OUR FEET THEN TO LIVE ON OUR KNEES!!

Jasco: CAN I GET A HOO-AH?!!

Then, suddenly, thousands of soldiers yelled hoo-ah…



Rebel: IMPERIAL DROID ARMY APPROACHING!!

We looked ahead and saw the droid army approaching… Thousands of them… They all stopped in a single row… a couple of hundred meter before us…



Droid: Halt.

The tension was unbearable… No one talked, no one made a noise… The only thing I could hear was the rain pouring down on us… I tightened my left glove and blinked a few times… I was fracking nervous…



To be continued…













Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AngelicZero on March 28, 2007, 2:14:48 PM

AngelicZero on
AngelicZero-my kittens play in my hair while I type- ouch ow ow ow ouch yeow...oh doing great so far...good thing you didnt make amy yell at me or hit me...thank god...well keep it up man rootin for ya

nextguardian on March 28, 2007, 10:17:04 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianI think this has been my favorite chapter so far. Great job, keep it coming!

Flashthehedgehog on March 28, 2007, 2:55:06 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOh wow. Again, this is awesome you can actually imagine yourself in there with them. Of course if it were me it'd be like.

Everyone: CHARGE!
Me: Er..bye...*runs in other direction*

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on March 27, 2007, 9:31:32 AM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0...I swear, I'm gonna wet myself...CLIFFHANGERS GIVE BRAIN CANCER!!!X_X..........er.....no words can describe the happy that I'm feeling ;DÂ