Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Chapter 19... What goes around comes around...

A story that explains Blain's past...

Fancharacters listed:

Child of the Feral
-Tala

Saluki
-Thunder
-Ice
-Magneto

AngelicZero
-Zero

Chapter 19 - Chapter 19... What goes around comes around...

Chapter 19 - Chapter 19... What goes around comes around...
It wasnt that long that we’ve been standing there. Just a couple of minutes, but it seemed like hours. The rebel next to me lighted up a cigarette again…



Rebel: I hate Mondays…

He looked at me and offered a smoke… As always, I couldn’t resist and I lighted it up…



Rebel: Death smiles at us... All we can do is smile back…

We all looked ahead and the droid army didn’t moved an inch. This eerie silence came back. All I heard was the rain… I took puffs from my cigarette and noticed it died out… Then, as everything seemed to go in slow motion… I saw the rebel lifting up his fist…



Rebel: PRESEEEEEEEEEEEENT!! ARMS!!

At that point everyone raised there weapons… I looked up to the sky and fell the rain on my face… I’d hate to admit it, but… I was fracking nervous and almost pissed my pants if I had any… Jasco looked at me and smiled for some reason… At that point I looked back at the rebel… He made a go gesture… And all hell broke loose… Everyone was shouting and yelling, and running through the chaos as bullets rained down. Jasco, Flash, Zero and me ran towards the droid army. All of a sudden, I tripped over a dead body, and almost got squished by a battlewalker. Just in a nick of time I managed to get up and get out of the way. I lost sight of the others…



As we got further into the frontline, lots of dead bodies were scattered throughout the plains. The gunships managed to take out most of the droids, but they got shot down as reinforcements arrived. Then we saw it… Probably the most feared weapon ever to be seen… SCUD launchers… A vehicle that is armed with a missile. A Very big missile… It got fired and landed on the east side , wiping off the forces that were there. But there was no time stopping seeing an artillery battery was being prepared… We had to take those in… In a hurry, I just gathered some rebels and told them about the artillery barrage. Well, screaming is more like it because of the noise… We ran towards it, taking out everything on the wayAs soon as we reached it, we saw some tanks… Not ours… They had a little flame burning at the end of the barrel… I knew those weren’t ordinary tanks… Those were flamethrower tanks… They lay down a wall of fire as people and creatures got barbequed, screaming… I’ve seen a lot of things over the years, but not anything like this… As the battlewalkers took care of the flamethrower tanks, another thread was pushing forwards…



Rebel: OVERLORD APPROACHING!! KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN!!!

I turned around and saw immediately what an Overlord was… A big @$$ tank, with two massive cannons mounted on each side… I stared at it for a short time, until I got pulled away by one of the rebels. It fired his cannons and made an ear deafening noise. After it cleared up, I saw that the flamethrower tanks for annihilated by the battlewalkers. Four of them plummeted to the earth once they got blown up by the Overlord. As the remaining troops ran towards the Overlord to take it over, we ran towards the artillery battery, and managed to take it over. Seeing that was secured, the other forces could go through. I grabbed my binoculars and saw that more droids arrived in the distance…



Blain: Oh shoot…
Rebel: What? Blain: Reinforcements from the north. Prepare the artillery barrage.
Rebel: Yes sir!
Blain: We gotta get hold of Robotropolis otherwise we have to fill thousands of bodybags tomorrow…

The rebel rounded up some guys and paired up. Two man took place behind one of the four artillery barrage. I looked back and checked if they were ready. They all confirmed they were ready. I took out my binoculars and looked in the distance. The binoculars gave the range and the coordinates. Heh, even binoculars were high-tech these days…



Blain: Coordinates! 34 longitude! 27 nort-north west!! 45-2-14!!
Rebel: Roger, shot over.

At that point, I looked back and saw the four massive artillery going up all at the same time. Once they got into position, they fired one by one. Twelve shells in total… I looked back through my binoculars and saw the 12 white trail smokes getting closer to there position… I saw the impacts of it, and a few seconds later, I heard the explosions. After it cleared up, I saw the wrecks of the droids… At that point, I turned around and saw the Overlord heading our way, with a few rebels sitting on top of it. They moved into the direction where the droids came from… We ran off towards them, with still no signs of the others. I heard I got a message on my PDA. I check it, and it said that Tails went out on his own to the rendezvous point… That was not part of the plan…



Blain: Goddamn it…
Rebel: What is it?
Blain: You, you and you, follow me.

I checked my PDA and tried to locate Jasco. He was in a bunker, a few miles from here… The four of us ran towards it but on the way, we saw Tails…



Blain: Tails?!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?!!
Tails: What?!
Blain: THIS ISNT PART OF THE PLAN!! YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO STAY PUT!!
Tails: Jasco contacted me and said that I had to move to this location!
Blain: What?!

He opens up his laptop and showed me the message. The ID code was the same one Jasco used on his PDA, so it was from him… Something went wrong… I felt nervous again…



Blain: shoot…
Rebel: What? Blain: It’s a fracking ambush…
Tails: So what do we do now?!
Blain: … They probably got caught or something… We need to check it out. Let the others know where we are.

The rebel made contact and told our position. After that, we ran towards the location pinpointed on the PDA… As soon as we reached it, we only saw a steel door located in a hill. We tried opening it, but it was locked. One of the rebels placed an explosive on the door and it got breached. We all entered the door one by one, with Tails right behind me… The door leads to a stair. As we lowered down the stairs, it became more dark. I turned on my flashlights… There was something eerie about this base… The atmosphere, its so… silent… As we reached down, I told one of the rebel to look for threats while we covered the other areas… Everything seemed clear but we could hear the other rebel screaming. I looked back and saw he got pulled over by something, and heard some bone cracking… And then it went silent again…

Rebel: Holy shoot… Did you see that…
Blain: Yeah… Tails… Stick close to me… Tails…?

I looked back and saw that Tails was petrified… He stared with wide eyes at the location where the rebel stood…



Blain: Check your ammo…
Rebel: I’m good…
Blain: Let’s go… Tails, stay with us.

We slowly moved closer to the place where the rebel stood… The closer we got, the more nervous I felt… It was still dark, so we couldn’t see anything… I gestured to stop and I peeked around the corner… I shined my flashlights in the hallway and I could see blood spatters on the wall…



Blain: What the hell…
Rebel: Look… eeh…
Blain: Hey…
Rebel: What? Blain: No fear…
Rebel: Oh yeah… Right…

I told him that, but… I was scared too… We looked both ways and entered the hallway… I suddenly felt something dripping on my arm. I looked up and saw blood dripping down from the ceiling. I looked back, and all of a sudden I heard screaming. I looked behind me and saw the rebel was caught by something, bashing him against the walls and ceiling… I didn’t hesitated and shot immediately on it… As I aimed on it, I saw what it was…



Blain: Holy shoot…

It was a large droid… Not anything like the ones Robotnik builds as his army… This one… I don’t know how to describe it… Very large, but he didn’t had weapons… Although that’s what I thought… As I shot him, he looked at and let go of the rebel. Instead, he grabbed me by the left arm and did the same thing he did with the rebel. Tossing me around like a ragdoll… Damn that hurts… I took a blow on the head and I felt very dizzy… Some of my equipment fell down as I was being tossed around… But he didn’t stopped. I saw that Tails ran over to pick up something. He got an EMP grenade…



Blain: THROW IT TAILS!! DO IT!!!

He turned over to Tails and dropped me… At that point, Tails threw the grenade and the droid died down and fell on the ground… I could see Tails hesitated to walk over to me, but after a while, he runs towards me… I felt very dizzy and disoriented…



Tails: You ok…?

I looked down on my left arm and saw it was damaged… Whatever it was, it was very strong… My head hurts like hell and I felt that I got a small hole it, bleeding… I felt my nose and it was also bleeding. Tails helped me to get up… I picked up my PDA and saw we were near the place where Jasco was…



Blain: Let’s go… It’s not far…

We walked along the hallway and opened a door. And there they were… Robotnik interrogating Jasco, Flash and Zero… All beaten up, chained down on some kind of platform. Jasco looked the worst… I pulled out my sidearm and shot Robotnik in the leg… He yelled and fell down…



Blain: How you been Robotnik…?
Robotnik: You traitor…

I aimed at Robotnik while Tails released the others…



Blain: You guys ok?
Flash: I got the wind knocked out of me, but I’m fine.
Jasco: I’m good…
Blain: How about you Zero?
Zero: Good, good…

I grabbed my radio…



Blain: Six-One, this is Six-Four, go to UHF secure. I've got some good news.
Rebel: What is it?
Blain: Robotnik apprehended, pack your bags boys, war’s over…

I looked at Robotnik. The once mighty dictator is now nothing more then a sad, pathetic case, seeing him down on his knees… I saw a pack of smokes… I didn’t know Robotnik smoked… I grabbed one…

Blain: You mind…?


Robotnik: You were perfect Blain… The Ultimate Lifeform… How…?
Blain: … You shouldn’t have given me a free will… We’re not like droids…
Flash: Price of technology…

I tossed Flash my sidearm while I carry Jasco. I saw that he had trouble keeping his balance… Flash puts the gun against his back and told him to move. As Robotnik stood up and walked with his, he managed to slam down a button on one of the consoles. Flash pistol-whipped him and we continued walking…



Robotnik: Hey… Before we go outside, I want you to see my latest additions to the Imperial Droid Army…

Zero: Will you shut the hell up…
Robotnik: No! It’s right around the corner…

He was right. Just around the corner was a massive steel door. Flash holds the gun against Robotniks head while he punched down some numbers… The door opened up… What we saw was a bit shocking… We only saw a few of them…



Robotnik: Say hello to my newest additions… The Koening DDR-333 series…

Robotnik punched down another button, this time, the hole hangar was illuminated… What we saw was the droids were the same as the droid that attacked me… But now that there were hundreds of them…



Robotnik: Attention Koening Units!!

At that point, every droid responded… They probably had voice recognition…



Blain: Shut him up for fracks sake!!
Robotnik: AH!! So!! You’ve encountered one!
Blain: Yeah… Not very welcoming…
Robotnik: Then you know what there capable of...

Robotnik was just about to talk to them again until Flash punched him on the head and closed the doors…



Flash: Oh Bollocks…
Jasco: Heh… Your bollocks…?
Flash: … You never learn do you…?
Jasco: Nope…


Blain: fracking hell, we need to get out of here…

As we ran upstairs, I contacted to the artillery team that we needed artillery fire…



Rebel: We took quite some blows sir, but we’ve got the initiative!
Blain: Standby with the artillery fire.
Rebel: Roger.

As we reached on top of the stairs, Zero wanted Robotnik to walk out first, Flash however, got another idea…



Flash: Right, on your knees.
Robotnik: What?
Flash: I said on your knees!!

Flash shot Robotnik in his other leg, making him fell down. Flash pulled out handcuffs and chained him on the banisters. I’ve never seen Flash doing something like this…



Flash: … Saves us ammo… Bring on the artillery fire…
Robotnik: Y-You cant do that to me!

He looked at me…



Robotnik: Tell them Blain!! I BROUGHT YOU BACK TO LIFE!! I CREATED YOU!!!

I flicked my cigarette against him and smiled, after that, we started to walk away…



Robotnik: Oh well… Doesn’t matter… The Koenings got activated and know there orders…

Blain: What…?
Robotnik: Heehee…
Zero: Come on, we need to go!! Now!!
Robotnik: Tootles… Say hi to Epsilon 939 for me!

After that, he started laughing… We ran up as fast as we could and kicked the door open. After everyone got out, we closed the door and I yelled for the artillery fire… We ran away to safer grounds. In the mean time, the survivors arrived to back us up…



Few minutes after that, it rained down artillery fire… There’s no way Robotnik could have survived that… After the smoke got cleared up and saw the devastation, the rebels and creatures cheered… Not long after that… We saw the massive doors of hangar opening. The Koening droids walked out… About two hundred of them… They formed a line, and grabbed there weapons installed on the back, everything simultaneously…



Blain: We’re fracked…
Zero: We’ve just lost the initiative…

To be continued…








Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on April 3, 2007, 11:44:53 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianGreat stuff!

AngelicZero on April 3, 2007, 6:53:30 AM

AngelicZero on
AngelicZerocool @_@ my guy got captured but rescued by blain...ysy...thank god...i thought id be a rat bbq...anyways nice job

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on April 2, 2007, 6:23:34 AM

ShadowsGirlfriend1_0 on
ShadowsGirlfriend1_0........*scratches head*..........*whistles*...........*glares at computer* ALRIGHT!!! STOP TAUNTING ME!!! .......I honestly don't think there's any words that can describe this...besides awesome, but it's been used...*points below* I must join the battle field!*runs away* 

Flashthehedgehog on April 2, 2007, 5:32:35 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOMG so much action and tension. Awesome awesome AWESOME chapter.

I helped kill a fat man. I've always wanted to do that