Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Birthday Suprises

Noodle's 15th birthday coming up soon.
But she's been keeping a little something secret from the boys, and she feels she needs to tell them.And most importantly, MEET him.
(Set around Summer timeish)

Chapter 3 - Birthday Suprises

Chapter 3 - Birthday Suprises
"I'm sure your meant t' put carrots in carrot cake.."

"Not whole carrot sticks, dullard.."

"Yeah, only lil' flakey bits.."

A small silence was heard amongst the three men.They stood around the glass bowl, looking at the ingredients it contained and the bag of carrots in turn.

"... are ya sure?"

Russel sighed. "Yes, 2-D, I'm sure that whole carrots do not go into the bowl"

"Yeah, but our las' cookery teacher at my ol' school told us we 'ad to put 'ole carrot chunks in, not flakes, 'nd I'm pretty sure it was carrot cake she was makin'.She told us that.."

"Oi, stop ramblin' 'nd 'elp us out with this" Murdoc's stern voice said.

2-D shrugged and picked up the bag of carrots.He held both ends of the bottom of the bag and watched the carrots tumble out.Murdoc then grabbed a carrot one by one, washing them under the tap with a bored expession on his face.Russel would then take the carrots out of Murdoc's hands and grate them, until they're turned into fine shreads.

After continuing this routine in silence, 2-D's voice perked up once again.

"Couldn' we 'ave just bought a cake instead of makin' one..?"

His answer was two pairs of glares. "What are you? a question machine?" Murdoc sneered at the blue haired vocalist.He then looked at Russel, "'nd why didn't we just buy one? you got me up at 7.30 to bake..!"

"Well, it's not my fault that nearly every store in Essex closes on a Sunday, is it? And I'll be damned if I'm going out to buy a cake in early mornin'.."

It was quiet again, and the three boys countined to follow their routine until there was no more carrots left.

"What time is it?" 2-D asked, watching Murdoc and Russel put all the dirty stuff in the sink and pack away.Murdoc glanced at the kitchen clock above the door.

"8am.. now go 'nd make yourself useful and wake Noodle up" Murdoc said, boredly.

"Ok!" He grinned, a little too brightly for 8am.He eagarly bounced out of the kitchen and made a dash for Noodle's room, which was situated just across.
He gently knocked on the door."Noodle?"

There was no answer.He knocked again, but a little louder."Noodle?" He voice volume increased as well.

Again, no answer.

He was clearly banging his fist now."NOODLE!?" He shouted, hardly containing his joy any longer.

There was an answer this time.The door opened ajar, to show Noodle dressed very smartly.Her purple hair was put up in a low ponytail, light makeup but heavy eyeshadow shadowed her face, and her clothes consisted of a silky gold sleeveless shirt, which showed a bit of a midriff.And a black skirt that came just above the knee.She wore no shoes or socks, only barefoot.

"Good morning, 2-D" She grinned.

"'Appy birfday, Noodle" He happily said, throwing non existant confetti in the air.A giggle escaped Noodle's lips.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! I wanna see ya open your presents!" He playfully whined, while pulling on Noodle's hand.

"Ok, ok.." she stepped out and closed the door behind her, while 2-D pulled her along back into the kitchen, to meet up with Murdoc and Russel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noodle sat crossed legged on the sofa, while Monday morning cartoons blared out from the TV.Brightly coloured wrapping paper covered the floor, sofa and anywhere else she had flung it after ripping open her presents.

From Murdoc, she got a golden chain, but later discovered that it was a replica of Murdoc's own.He pointed out that you could take off the cross after seeing Noodle's playful frown.From 2-D, she got a bunch of DVD's, from humour to horror, and a pile of video games.And from Russel, she received a new electric guitar she had been wanting for ages.

The half eaten cake was laid out on the table, with 15 candles sprawled out next to it.It turns out 2-D actually put a whole carrot in the mixture when neither Murdoc or Russel were watching.This resulted in a punch from Murdoc, who had nearly choked from 2-D's carrot.

Noodle was sitting on the sofa, watching the cartoon's flicker across the screen.

'What about your boyfriend, Noodle?'

She shook her head.Was her mind tormenting her? trying to make her slip up?

She tried hard not to focus on what her mind was telling her but what was happening on the television screen.

'You've got to tell them some time'

She sighed and forcefully told herself to not listen.But it seemed a little too late, as every word that she heard seem to scream out 'boyfriend'.

"Yeah, well, I don' care if your triple glazed windows are 'alf price.I ain't buying them!" Murdoc wandered into the living room, shouting down the phone to what seemed to be a telemarketer."I ain' buyin'.. now bugger off and stop callin'" and with that, he slammed the phone down on the arm of the sofa, and snaked his way onto the free space next to Noodle.

"Damn telemarketers.." He mumbled.

"Um.. Murdoc-san?" She said, unsure of whether this was the right time to say this or not.

"Yeah?"

Lowering her head a little, she responded by, "I've got something to tell you, Russel and 2-D.And it's kind of important too.."

"Uh.. okay.." He leaned over the back of the sofa and called with whatever energy he had "Oi! you two in the kitchen! c'mere! Noodle want's to tell us somethin'"

Before the Noodle knew it, Russel and 2-D had made their way in and looked at her with mixed expressions.

"Ok.." She began, already getting nervous with the awkward silence.

"What's up, girl?" Russel asked.

"Um, I have a..." She glanced up and felt all eyes on her. "..a boyfriend"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Gorillaz © Damon Albarn, Jamie Hewlett, etc

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

2Ds_lover_MURDOCs_crush on April 20, 2006, 2:14:19 PM

2Ds_lover_MURDOCs_crush on
2Ds_lover_MURDOCs_crush*blink blink* eh...eh...

Why mut u torture me so?!

major cliff hanger!! Update!!!!