Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Patrick

Aay is your every day noob in Runescape. She then meets Patrick, and then Dav, and her life gets complicated because Dav tries to ruin her and Patrick's life. What will she do?

Chapter 2 - Patrick

Chapter 2 - Patrick


I want to thank you for your reviews! I was deciding whether to update or not!



Sir Patrick led me through Varrock, the loudest town I had come by so far. So many people, or merchants I should say, were trying to sell their things to the people. You would here, “Buying full iron…2k!” or something like that… Really, I did see good sales, but for the money part… I could not afford it.

Patrick led me towards the bank. “Do you have any extra money with you?”

I pulled out my coin purse. “Well, let's see… I have only five coins.”

He stopped at gazed at me curiously. “Only five coins?”

I nodded. “That's why I was mining for bronze, to make things and sell money.”

“Yes, but to do that, it takes hell of a long time,” Patrick said. He put a hand on my shoulder. “Stay here. I'll be back in a jiffy.”

“Yes,” I said, for I could wait a whole decade for him. Ok, ok, ok, OK! Maybe not a decade, jeez, I am sorry. Just a figure of speech…

He left, leaving me by this man selling furs. I stood talking to him awhile then I said that the price was a rip-off, but this person said he had a family to feed, too. Yes, I guess I can forgive him.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and some man wanted to trade with me. He had beautiful mithril amour… I am afraid I started to slobber. Then I shook my head. He just shrugged and went on ahead to the next person.

Patrick came into view, but he seemed to be carrying a bundle. He stopped in front of me, and handed the bundle to me.

I took it, and almost dropped it for it was so heavy, so I just set it on the ground gently. I opened it up and gasped. “For me?”

He gave a grin. “To show you are welcome here. Just think it as a gift.”

I pulled out the contents… a steel plate skirt, steel kite shield, steel EVERYTHING!

I jumped up and gave him a hug. “Thank you ever so much!”

Patrick seemed a surprised at the hug. “No problem.” After the hug, he bent down and took some more things out. “Don't forget the rest… a black cape, gloves, leather boots, and a tiara to fit that beautiful head of yours. Now go and change! I'll wait for you here.”

“Ok!” I said joyfully.

“And I'm sorry I couldn't get you mithril. I didn't have any more left.”

“Don't worry; you have already given too much!” I picked up the items and went for a place to go change. The bar had an empty room and no one was there, so I slipped off my pants and pulled the skirt on. It fit perfectly around my thighs, just a bit above the knees. I whipped the shirt off, but not before checking around. Nobody was there, so I got the iron shirt, or whatever it was called, on. It looked good.

I put on the boots, though they were a little big, but I would have to get used to them. The gloves fit dandy, though.

The only mirror in the room was a bit dirty. I tried to brush my hair out. It was not that badly tangled. I put the tiara on my head. I looked like a warrior princess! I soon finished, walking out of the room with my shield on my back my steel sword attached to my belt, and the black cape running down my back.

Patrick gave a large smile when he saw me. “You look beautiful.”

“Why thank you!” I twirled around a bit. THAT got some whistles from the men around me.

He took my arm. “And now let's go to the bank.”

“Why?” I asked.

“I have another surprise for you.” He led me into the very, very crowded bank. We had to wait for SO VERY LONG!

Finally, we got up to the bank teller. Patrick said to him, “Let's access Lady Aay's bank account, please.”

“Ok, just one moment…” The bank teller searched around, then came back, carrying a box. “Here we go.”

“How much do I have in it?” I asked.

“Let's see… 25 coins, miss.”

Patrick dropped a bundle on the counter. “Add this too.”

I gasped again. “What…”

“Just some coins to get you started,” Patrick said, smiling down at me.

“How much…?” I breathed.

The bank teller answered for Patrick. “2k miss.”

I sighed. “How can I ever repay you?”

Patrick leaned down and placed a small kiss on my cheek. “You don't.” He led me out of the bank. “Now, where do you live?”

I looked toward the bar. “I was thinking of renting a place at the bar.”

“Well, then, Lady Aay, that is where I will leave you.”

“Leave me?” I frowned.

“Only for tonight. I have to do some things first.”

I nodded my head and leaned my head on his shoulder.

He walked me to the front door. “Till tomorrow, Lady Aay.”

“Around noon, Sir Patrick?” I asked.

“Around noon,” confirmed Patrick. He walked up and kissed me lightly on the lips. “Good bye.”

I whispered “Bye.”

He put on his helmet and left, and I watched him until he turned out of site.

I felt all giddy inside, and I walked into the bar. “Isn't this a LOVELY DAY?” I practically shouted.

Some people chuckled and replied, “Yes it is,” and some grumbled and took a long drink of their beer, saying, “No.”

I walked up to the man in charge of the place. “May I rent a room here, please?”

“Anything for you, little miss sunshine,” he chuckled. He filled out something and asked me to sign it. I did, and he handed me a key. “Room 2.”

OH DARN IT! Of all the imps… I had not thought of withdrawing any money at the bank.

The owner seemed to realize my frustration. “I think I can trust you, so when you go back to the bank, bring back money, and pay me.”

“Oh, thank you!” I said.

I slung my things over my shoulder and walked up the stairs. I walked into one room, and I did not realize it was the wrong one. I had walked into room 1, which people were in, and they were... “Oh dear!” Well, maybe I had better not say… No, wait… Curse my sick mind… their just sleeping. I quietly backed out.

I found room 2, and I opened it. It had a tub, dresser, and a bed. Oh, and a table too.

I closed the door and set my things onto the table. I took out my sack, filled with my belongings, and took out my small pillow and blanket. I made my bed, and decided to go and finish making some things out of bronze and selling them. I locked up my room, put the key in my pocket, and walked to the smithing place.

Once I arrived, I took out the bronze ore and had to wait my turn. I had a hammer with me that I did not realize I had gotten, well; I was actually given a few things before coming to Runescape.

My turn came and I made some axes and finally short swords. It took so dang long. Finally, I had finished, getting up and wiping the sweat from my brow. I walked out and screamed like all the other people, “Selling BRONZE axe!”

It took forever to get some people to buy some. But I did not get much. I only got around 15 coins, selling only about three axes. I went to the sword shop and sold my short swords. I walked out, sure I had enough coins to pay the rent and buy some food.

The bar was a little crowded, some picking fights that I did not feel like interfering. I sat down at the bar and asked, “What type of food do you have, Sir?”

“Nothing much, but all for five coins are bread and soup, including a beer.”

“I'll take it, and how much is for the rent?”

“For you, I would say about 50 coins.”

I held out my hand and gave him 55 coins. “There you go.”

He tucked the money in his pocket and put some bread and soup in front of me. “Do you want a bath prepared? I have some boys who can carry hot water up there.”

“Oh yes, please.” This day was going just fine all the way, now wasn't it?

The soup wasn't that great and the bread was dry. I soaked the bread in the soup and ate it that way. I dreaded drinking the beer, so I decided to give it to the man beside me. He took it and gulped it down. “Can't take it, huh, sweet lips?”

“I just don't want to drink anything vile.” I answered back, getting up.

He gave a loud belch and winked at me. “See you later, sweet lips.”

I didn't think that my lips were sweet, but that must be what he called all the girls.

I opened my room and found the tub filled with steaming water. I closed the door and slipped off my clothes, and slowly went in. It felt great. I grabbed some soap that I had and washed my hair and the grime and sweat from my face. My hands were red, from all that mining and smithing. And my back was aching too.

I sat back and thought about how the day went. Then I thought of Patrick and had crazy girly daydreams about him.

I stayed in for awhile, and I got out when the water was cold and my fingers were all wrinkly. I slipped on my nightgown, and blew out the candle. Then I climbed into bed and sighed.

This was a day to be remembered.



Yawn… sorry, I'm tired… But anyways, how was it? And don't forget to REVIEW!



Thank ya!














Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KidAngel on June 23, 2006, 4:13:36 PM

KidAngel on
KidAngelGeeze, this is so cute. *Just started reading. Feels slow* Makes me want to get started on my RuneScape-based story.. I think I will. Thanks for the inspiration. *Virtual hug* ^__^