Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Kissin in the Daylight

Aay is your every day noob in Runescape. She then meets Patrick, and then Dav, and her life gets complicated because Dav tries to ruin her and Patrick's life. What will she do?

Chapter 5 - Kissin in the Daylight

Chapter 5 - Kissin in the Daylight


La la la… thanks you for the reviews! And I might not add all in this chapter but don't worry! You will be in it sooner or later!



I rose early feeling energetic, and through on my clothes and went down stairs to the bar.

“I would like to have breakfast, please,” I told the bar keeper.

“That'll be two coins,” he said, and then about ten minutes later, a bowl of soup and dry bread was sitting in front of me.

I wolfed it down and went outside when I finished eating. I carried my shield over my shoulder and my sword sheathed at my side. I also wore just the steel plate skirt and my shirt that I had from before that came just above the waist.

Nobody seemed to be out yet since it was early, so I thought to just go to the store and see what was in stock.

They didn't have much, and so there was nothing of worth buying.

I turned around to go outside and bumped into someone.

“Aay?” It was Patrick!

“Patrick!”

“What you doing up so early?” he asked.

“I might ask you the same thing!” I said, giving him a hug.

“Well… I am sort of an early riser…”

“Ah.”

“What are you going to do today?” he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I'm not quite sure today.”

“Well then…” he grinned then brought out his bow and arrows. “How `bout practicing with these?”

“Um…”

He put on a pouting face. My gosh, people, he could be so cute. “Oh, alright…”

“Yay for Aay! Now follow and I will show you a good place to practice.”

So I followed him out to where the mining place near Varrock was. That place could get crowded… “You idiot!!” … and loud too. Obviously someone was taking all the ore again.

“Oh, Unicorns!” I said, the pure white creatures walking about.

“Yup. Been here for a long time.”

I saw one person dueling with a Unicorn. “Why is he fighting one?”

“Just maybe because he wants too, though the Unicorns always come back, you know.”

“Hmm…”

Patrick led me to a good size looking tree. “Here we are. Now this is the place where I practice the most when I'm shooting my arrows.”

“Ah.” I walked over and picked up the bow and an arrow. I backed a little ways away and aimed for the tree.

Patrick moved a little out of the way. “Just stay calm and when you think you are ready, shoot.”

So I carefully tried to keep the bow still and I pulled the string back. I let go. Whoosh! And it went!



The wrong way.

I mean, past the tree.

And narrowly missing a passer by.

I smacked my head and muttered, “Oops.”

The person came up holding the arrow and was shouting something. “You could've killed me there!” The person was covered in black armor with gold trim. He started coming up to me. “Hey…”

Patrick laid his hand on the mans shoulder. “She meant no harm. This is her first try shooting an arrow.”

“Really…?”

I couldn't see who he was behind his helmet, but I bet I knew who it was.

The man gave the arrow back to me. “You know, Patrick, you need to keep watch of her before she brings down the entire civilization.”

“Hey!” I shouted. “I'm not the stuck up person who walks with his nose in the air.”

“Why you…” He took his helmet off. “Aay, after all I've done for you? You rebuke me?”

Patrick growled beneath his breath.

Dav pushed him back with his arm and held him at arm's length. “Keep back, Patrick, you don't want to get in the way.” He laughed and looked at Patrick.

I cracked my knuckles and landed a fist at Dav's mouth and kicked him in the crotch with my knee.

He let out a yell and crumpled to the ground… well, um… of course, his man pride wounded.

I laughed and grabbed Patrick's hand. “Come on Patrick!”

I ran at full speed toward the church in Varrock.

“I'll get you both for this!” Dav said, trying to rise.

Patrick had a huge smile on his face. “You know we might suffer for this.”

“Pish posh. We can defeat that old cod any time,” I said.

“Are you saying I'm old? I'm the same age as him!”

“Just a saying, sweetie!” I giggled and had a hard time running.

We finally made it to the church and sat down on the pew.

Patrick burst out laughing. “That was the best thing I've seen done to him!”

“Wasn't it?” I laughed, holding my sides.

We stayed there talking for a while, and then we checked around to make sure it was ok to walk around.

“All clear!” I said.

“You want to continue practicing then?”

“You bet!”



Later



It was near lunch and I was getting very close to hitting the bulls eye.

Patrick called to a halt. “Let's get back to Varrock and have some lunch, shall we?”

I nodded, wiping the sweat from by brow.

We picked up our belongings and headed for Varrock

“Please spare some coins!” someone said.

Patrick rolled his eyes. “It's our main hobo around Varrock…”

A very young man came up to us. “Spare anything?” The man stank and his clothes were in rags.

“Uhh…” I searched through my pockets. “Here, you can have a few coins.”

“Hic…thank ya, miss…” he slurred, then hiccupped again.

“Kid Mental will just spend it on more beer, you know,”

Patrick said after the hobo had left.

“Kid Mental?”

“That is what everyone calls him,” Patrick said, shrugging.

“Oh…” I just shrugged too and walked into Varrock, which was very crowded.

“Selling full mith!”

“Noob!”

“Buying addy pick!”

“Selling uncut emeralds!”

Boy was this dang place loud. I think I need surgery on my ear now.

No really.

I do.

What?

Don't believe me?

Ask Patrick who can't HEAR ME OVER THIS NOISE! I'm trying to say lets get some fish from this person over here.

I sighed very loud and grabbed Patrick's arm and pointed to the person. I yelled fish in his ear and he seemed to get the message.

Patrick motioned for the man to follow us.

We got to a quiet place and I asked, “Can we have some of that trout, hmmm sir?”

“Sure miss,” he said, passing some finely cooked trout to us.

The trout was really good and I could afford it. “What is your name, sir?”

“My name is Lars; my friends call me `sharkstringer' though.”

“Well, Lars, thank you for the trout, and I will defiantly come get some more from you, because this looks really well cooked!”

“Thank you!” I said as Lars walked away to sell to more customers.

I pulled Patrick to one side of a building that didn't have people around, and sat down to start eating.

“This is really good!”

Patrick laughed. “Anything would taste good right now.”

“You're not fond of fish, then?” I asked, taking another bite of my fish.

“Not really. Potato's and chicken are more my thing,” Patrick said, slowly chewing his fish.

“Ah…”

We soon finished, our stomachs full, and we were ready to start something again.

Patrick suggested mining so I went to the bank and got my pick, and we headed for the mining place.

It was crowded.

Shall I spell it out for you?

No, I don't think you would want that.

The copper and the tin were surrounded by people and the iron got taken really quick.

Patrick took my hand and put a finger to his mouth. We crept along them and ran along the side of the fence around Varrock, then slowly crept by the dark wizards, running fast. We finally stopped near a mining site.

“Now, Aay, this is where you can mine iron, clay, or silver,” Patrick said.

“But I can't mine those yet… copper and tin are still hard to mine,” I murmured.

“I know, I know, but when you get better at it, go here for those ores. It saves a lot of time.”

“Do you know another place to mine tin and copper?” I asked.

“There is the barbarian village which has tin and some coal. Then there is Al Kharid which has a huge mining place, but scorpions roam around there, so I wouldn't go there unless you get higher in your combat level.”

I nodded my head, and then Patrick reached into his pocket for something. “Ah…, wait here for now, and I'll be right back.”

“Ok,” I said, then watched him leave.

I sat down on the ground and closed my eyes, and almost fell asleep… then a noise jolted me awake.

“Sorry miss, but this isn't the best place to be sleeping,” a man said, dressed in full rune and a nice looking sword attached to his belt.

I got up and said, “No, its ok… I'm just waiting for someone.”

“Ok then.”

His sword looked really, really, nice. “What type of sword is that, may I ask?”

He smiled and unsheathed it. “Dragon Long sword, miss.”

“May I hold it?” I asked, and he nodded.

I took it in my hands and wished desperately it was mine. But… it wasn't… sad… I gave it back to him.

“How long you been here?” he asked.

“I've been here only a couple of days. Everything is new to me, really… May I ask what your name is?”

“Calladus, miss. And yours?”

“Aay,” I said.

“Nice to meet you, Aay.”

“You too.”

I sat back down and smiled. Here came Patrick carrying some sort of paper.

He pulled me up and pushed back his black hair. “Here you go… Look at the paper.”

So I did. And… wow… It was the deed to the house! “Patrick… you're doing so much… why?”

“Let's just say that I've taken a liking to you,” he said, grinning.

“How much did it cost?” I asked, afraid of the answer. He was seriously doing too much.

“I won't tell you. It's a gift.”

My eyes started to tear. “You're so nice…”

Then he kissed me. First it started out as a slow, soft kiss… Then we stood there kissing for awhile.

“Wow, its getting hot around here!” a person said. It wasn't Calladus.

I broke off, my face beet, beet red. Patrick seemed the same.

A mage stood there laughing. “Aw… It was just getting good!”

I held my face in my hands. “Ok, ok, ok… leave us alone.”

“Leaving you guys alone might not be so good.”

Gosh, this guy was annoying.

Patrick was just looking off into the distance.

The mage seemed to notice that he deeply embarrassed us. “Aw, sorry people. My name is Webbuu, and if you need any help with magic or anything, just seek me out and I will help you.”

I finally lifted my head and nodded.

Webbuu laughed and walked away.

I put my arm through Patrick's and said, “Can you help me move my stuff from the bar into the house?”

He nodded and grinned a little. “Sure thing, Aay. Next time, let's make sure no one is watching.”

I laughed. “Ok.”



Woohoo! How was it? Ok I did add all of you guys! Yay!



bpliokb: For Webbuu, I might try to make your character maybe more confusing in later chapters



Sentrosi: I'll try to add more of your character, don't worry!



Calladus: I envy you… level 79, full rune, and dragon long sword????? ARG!



Mr. mental: ha-ha, made you a hobo!



And the rest of you, thank you for the reviews and for the favs!
















Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TheFallenOne66 on November 30, 2006, 11:14:20 AM

TheFallenOne66 on
TheFallenOne66Can you add me to one of your new stories? My user is Samus. He has full rune and a dragon longsword. I'd want him as a hero, a guard, or one of patricks friends. Don't worry, I won't take a liking to Aay, i already have a gf. Can you add her in too? her name is Gabby, and she has full mith with mith longsword.