Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Aay and Patrick have been married eight months, and yet danger kees on coming their way. Someone from Aay's past shows up, and this time, Aay's life will be in danger. What a way to ruin the Christmas season!

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Oh Dear III. :)



Eight months.
Eight months of living with Patrick. Eight months of married life.
So far, so good.
And I was very happy about that. Some bad things had happened during the eight months, like our horse ran away and it took about a week to find her, and, to my joy, we found out that the horse had ran away to give birth to two colts. But that was almost the only bad thing that came out good. Having moved into Patricks house, winter had soon come, complicating it to get around.
The snow reached at least two feet, and it was hell trying to open the front door. The snow settled really packed down. And, it was frozen over by a layer of ice. Freezing rain had fallen and it was horrible and very, very cold.
And one of the colts hadnt survived it. For me, it was harsh, having fallen in love with them when I first laid my eyes on them.
A lot of our friends were struggling too with the snow. They had not at all experienced this in all their years of being in Varrock, having not snowed this heavily for at least a hundred years.
Lucky us, eh?
We had to watch our livestock and make sure that they were warm enough.
Right now, Patrick is trying to break through the ice to make a pathway for the door. It was sort of a pointless job, the path most likely going to be filled up in the next snowstorm. But, I thought, it has to be done. I finished eating our quick dinner and put on my coat and gloves. I headed out to help Patrick who kept on slipping on the ground and not succeeding very well.
So I started shoveling and slipped too. Pretty well, I might add.
Anyways, the house that Patrick had bought for me early when I arrived here was sold and Patrick and I have been discussing whether we should sell the house we are in now and move towards a more unpopulated place in Varrock.
Or just move altogether, to Falador or Edgeville. I was wary about moving far away from most of our friends. I think Patrick was aware of that too and was deciding against it.
Aay! Patrick! I heard someone call and found Blitzer walking towards us.
Hey! Patrick shouted and stopped shoveling.
Were meeting over at Otakus place to discuss the weather, he said. And a little break from all this shoveling.
I looked at the sky. We dont have much time. We need to finish this so we have a clear path to haul in firewood.
How much firewood? Blitzer asked.
Patrick pointed to a medium sized pile of wood. Just about thirty to forty pieces of wood.
Blitzer nodded. Youre almost done shoveling, so you should get done in time. Ill get Calladus and well help you haul in the wood in no time. Thanks, I said and picked up the last piece of snow and dumped it to the side.
Soon all four of us were picking up the wood and bringing it inside. We had decided to bring in at least a weeks worth, because for all we know we could be stuck inside for a few days. We had been a little late on starting because of the lost horse, but we would make it in time.
Soon we were headed to Otakus and all urging to get their hands on some hot chocolate or cider. I was aiming for the cider.
Heading into Otakus large house, we all shivered took off our coats and immediently headed towards the fire to rub some life back into our hands.
Otaku came in carrying several cups of hot chocolate or cider and nodded her head in a greeting, also giving us a smile. Spirit and Webbuu should be arriving here soon. Nick Yang, Ozzy, Silver, Megamickel, Gopher and Jack had to leave early because they needed to get home to their families or to their livestock.
I nodded and reached for the cider. Pretty harsh weather, huh?
Yeah, Otaku said and put a strand of hair behind her ear. What could it mean? she asked nervously.
What could it mean? Calladus repeated. I dont think it means anything.
Spirit nodded then shrugged. Yeah. The weathers just changing.
Where are Crimson and his friends? Patrick asked, taking a small sip of his hot chocolate.
They had to take a visit to Falador to get some supplies that werent here in Varrock, Otaku said.
Ah.
So how the colt doing? Otaku asked me.
Oh, shes doing fine. Shes looking much stronger than she was before, I answered.
You seemed quite attached to the other colt that died, Otaku said.
Patrick finished his drink and set it on the table. Yeah, he started. I was starting to think I was being replaced.
I punched him on the arm. You were not.
Patrick gave a grin and started to make his second cup.
Spirit started to put his jacket on. Id love to stay, but I better head home. I dont want to be caught in the storm!
Calladus nodded. I think Ill go too. See you later, guys.
Otaku held up two fingers. Two of us are girls, for your information.
Spirit laughed. We hadnt noticed.
I stuck my tongue at him and they left. I then looked at Patrick. We better get ready to go too.
Yeah. Let me finish this first, Patrick said, blowing on his drink.
I nodded and took a sip of my own drink.
So& Otaku started to say. Anything interestig happen lately? she asked all of us.
Patrick and I shook our heads, Blitzer doing the same.
Oh! Blitzer gave a small shout. Has anyone seen Kid Mental?
Alarm sounded in my head and I looked from Otaku to Patrick.
Otaku shook her head and gave a sigh. Hes most likely partying at Gophers house. Im sure hes fine.
Patrick nodded. Well, we better get going. Blitzer, you coming?
Sure. Thanks for the hot chocolate, Otaku! Blitzer said getting on his coat.
No problem, Otaku said. Its been hard on everyone, so I thought it would be refreshing.
It was, I said and opened the door. A light snow fall met us. See you, Otaku!
We said our good byes and walked home, saying goodbye to Blitzer who lived a bit ahead of us. In the house we went straight to build a fire and set our coats nearby to dry. I got a broom out to sweep the snow and bark that had come from the wood.
Patrick got a small dust wooden dust pan and helped me get all the crud into it. We worked silently and finished quickly.
Patrick, what do you suppose we name the colt? I asked him to break the silence.
Patrick streched and started to change into his night clothes. How about& Spot?
Spot.
Yeah, Spot.
She doesnt have a spot, I pointed out.
Patrick looked confused. She does on her forehead.
Thats a star.
How about Star, then?
I shook my head. I dont know&
The colt was a light grey color, and actually I was pretty sure it was going to start getting small white spots. But still, the name wouldnt fit her.
Ok then& How about Grey?
Grey!? I stuttered out.
Patrick gave a small evil grin. Isnt that a good name?
You have absolutely no imagination, I declared laughing.
Patrick put on a small pouting act. I do too.
Then think of a name, I challanged him.
He sat down and rubbed his face. Finally, after awhile, he suggested, Winter.
Hmm& I thought about that. Ok, so I guess it doesnt sound exotic, but she was born in the winter and she is probably going to turn out a little white&
Patrick grinned. See? Told you I had some imagination.
I grinned back at him. Fine. Winter it is then.
We soon were ready for bed and thinking of how well make it through this weather and of other things, and we soon fell asleep.
The rest of the week passed by slowly, and thankfully our horses didnt suffer any from the cold weather. There had been some more deaths of livestock through Varrock, and we had heard that in Lumbridge many of the cows were lost. Some of the sheep, too.
Christmas was coming soon. Three weeks. I still hadnt decided what present to give to Patrick. Pehaps something made out of clay. I had been working on that skill and have quite improved. Ive also been praticing my mage, and I could teleport small distances. Patrick, on the other hand, was still struggling. He just gave the excuse hes the melee type of guy. But, deep in his heart, he knows that hes just plain bad.
Though still hardly anyone could match his melee skills. His name was becoming known throughout the land, and so have mine, though not as popular. I didnt want the fame anyways. I dont think Patrick wants a lot of fame too. Our friends, too, also have their names known, for helping Patrick defeat Davs clan. Kid Mental, of course, loved the fame and had all the more reason to party and celebrate.
Twaksak and the people we knew living where Patricks clan once was were probably doing better than us. I heard they had not gotten that much snow. After all the snow was gone, we were planning a vacation out in that direction to visit all of them again.
But, back on the weather, one night when we had been sleeping, two weeks from Christmas, we woke from a piercing scream. A neighbor lady had found her young teenage son that had come home from somewhere dead in the snow. He had frostbite badly on his feet and hands, and his hair began to have freeze.
Those neighbors had never been rich, and their son and run away from home, most likely having decided to come back because of the cold weather and he couldnt live by himself.
Patrick and I were very sticken because the boy had often went door to door selling their eggs before he had run away. He had been loud, but he was polite and had admired Patrick a little. I think Patrick knew the boy better than I did, for I noticed his sinking shoulders at the small funeral next day. I had asked Patrick, and he had said he knew the boy because when Patrick would mine, the boy would hand out water to the miners. That was very unusual, Patrick said, and he would always have a good talk with the boy.
The boys parents were not the best parents, the father and mother often getting into fights, and I wondered if one of their fights had provoked the boy to run away. It was a sad thing to think of.
Patrick soon recovered and Christmas was a week away.
But& we had an unexpected visitor.
One, I might add, that I was not happy to see.

Surprise?



And I will be accepting no character submissions. I have enough already, thank you!!



Let's see how this goes. So far, I have four chapters written for this. I was planning on finishing before I put it up, but I might need to contact some people with questions about their character. I don't know. And... I just wrote this about 2 days ago, so... Yeah, all the people asking for an Oh Dear III got it! I hope it goes as well as the first two :)

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadowdude on October 14, 2006, 7:55:39 AM

shadowdude on
shadowdudewoo gr8 story, vote to kill patrick!