Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Christmas Thoughts

Aay and Patrick have been married eight months, and yet danger kees on coming their way. Someone from Aay's past shows up, and this time, Aay's life will be in danger. What a way to ruin the Christmas season!

Chapter 2 - Christmas Thoughts

Chapter 2 - Christmas Thoughts
Oh Dear III



Chapter 1



One week till Christmas, and as I was walking through the narrow streets, I was still wondering what to buy for Patrick. Feh, this wasnt going to be easy. I had about 2,000 gold coins saved in the bank to buy for Patricks present, for I was deciding whether or not to buy him some sort of special sword& But the problem was& he already had a good sword. A helmet?
No.
Shield?
No.
Shoes?
No.
Gold socks?
Hell no.
I giggled, thinking of gold socks. There probably wasnt such a thing, and it wouldnt be comfortable anyway. It would weigh him down a lot, too. Well, at least hed get some exercise wearing them! But no, I had to stop thinking of that.
I had to be serious.
I walked into the clothing store and admired the new camouflage clothing in the window. Patrick never wore anything camouflage, and I bet it would look really nice with his black hair and blue eyes. So, I found a normal T-shirt in camouflage and bought his first present.
Onto the next store.
I noticed Megamickel, the leader of the Merchants Guild, was selling some of his things in Varrock center, so I ran over to him and looked at his small booth. Lets see& necklaces, earrings, shirts&
Is there anything to buy for a guy? I asked Megamickel after he was done selling a few gold necklaces to a young woman.
Hmm& Megamickel closed his eyes and rubbed his white beard. He then snapped his fingers and opened his eyes. I know! We have some very nice Rune Poison Tipped Daggers he might like.
I was afraid to ask the price, but I did.
As soon as I heard it though, I stepped back and shook my head. Scratching my head, I asked quickly, How about anything a lot less cheaper?
Megamickel nodded his head. Yup. He pulled out a long bow and handed it to me.
I ran my hands over the sleek wood and tested the string out. It seemed nicely well put together, and it was a possible present for Patrick. How much? I asked him. Patrick had a few bows, though he didnt quite use them that much, he still liked to have them.
Only about 1000 gold, Megamickel said.
The shirt cost about 30 gold, and I would have about 970 gold left to spend on Patrick. I should be able to find some small things for him later on in the day, so I nodded my head. Ill take it, then.
Any arrows to go with it?
I decided no. I could make some in my extra time. I already had some put away that I could give him anyway. Ill just take the bow.
He handed me the bow and I headed off, giving Megamickel a note saying that I will pay him at the end of the day when I return the bow home and take a visit to the bank.
Later on, I found a nice mug and some expensive hot chocolate mix that was supposed to be the best around. Patrick seemed to like his hot chocolate. Walking into the bookstore, I also found a good adventure novel that he might like and a book on Saradomin, though Im not quite sure if he would want that. I decided just to buy it for the both of us.
I noticed Nick Yang sitting in the bookstore staring seriously into his hot cider. I walked up and tapped him on the shoulder. Hows it going?
Nick Yang looked up and shrugged. Same as always.
The Christmas time passing well for you?
Nick Yang nodded and took a sip.
I bit my lip, unsure of what to say. Well, Ill see you later, ok?
Nick Yang nodded again and went back to staring at his drink.
I sighed and went outside. I decided to head out to the bar to get a small snack, and also& I had noticed a commotion there. I slipped past the people in the back and walked up to the front, well, squeezed up into the front.
And I recognized the voice of Kid Mental and Gopher.
It turned out they were having a beer drinking competition.
Oh joy.
Ozzy was also there, along with Webbuu who motioned for me to come over.
How long have they been going at it? I asked him.
Webbuu shrugged. I arrived here just a little bit before you.
I observed the scene. I say Kid Mentals going to win.
Gopher doesnt look too far behind him, though, Webbuu pointed out.
I nodded and walked to the bar tender, who was cleaning his classes a bit nervously. He was scared that since they were so drunk, a fight could start out. But I dont think he needed to worry. Theyd pass out soon. I asked for a hot cider and handed him the 2 gold.
Otaku then squeezed in the room and paled at the site of the two drunkards laughing and cursing each other out. She looked questionably at me and I just shrugged.
I sat down with Webbuu, as did Otaku, who ordered herself a small meal.
So& hows it going with Patrick? Webbuu asked with a gleam in his eye.
Its going well, I answered.
Anything interesting happen? Webbuu asked.
No.
You sure?
Im sure. Now, I looked harshly at him. Be quiet.
Webbuu laughed and turned to look at Kid Mental who was on his& tenth round?
I sighed in sympathy for them. Their bladder would be going to be killing them later on. No doubt their liver either& Wouldnt they ever learn?
I put the bow over my shoulder and got up to leave. Tell me later who wins, ok? I got to finish shopping for Patrick.
Is that bow for Patrick? Otaku asked.
Yeah, and thankfully hell be out until supper tonight so I have enough time to hide it. He and Crimson had to go to East Varrock to look at the stocks there, I said, and then said goodbye to them. Otaku said she would be leaving when Kid Mental and Gopher passed out. She had a cart that she could get them home in. Webbuu had agreed to stay and help her.
Ok, so lets see& I have a shirt, bow and arrows, a mug, hot chocolate mix& what else should there be? He didnt need any more clothing and they didnt need any patching up, he had some of the best weapons&
Yeah, I think I was done. If I thought of something later on I would head out and buy it.
Then I remembered the bank and headed their to get the 1000 gold out and I went to pay off Megamickel.
Soon I headed home.
As expected, Patrick was still out and probably wouldnt be back for another hour or so. I stamped all the snow off from my boots and shook the snow of my jacket, and hung them up to dry. I then began to think of what to eat for dinner.
Then I remembered that Silver had been stuck at home with a fever. So I made up a quick hot soup and put back on my wet jacket and boots and once again headed out the door.
Silver, I heard, had been found laying very sick on the floor by Calladus who had brought some wood over. I heard earlier from Blitzer that she had been doing better and didnt need anyone to be over at her house at all times anymore and that visitors could be allowed.
I knocked on the door. Silver? Its Aay! With a hot bowl of soup that you might like!
I heard her say, Come in! and so I did, and slipped off my boots and headed over to where she was sitting at the table.
How you doing?
Silver rubbed her forehead. Im feeling better, but I do have a killer headache right now.
Oh, Im sorry to hear that. I brought some soup over, but Im afraid to ask if youve gotten some soup from other people already.
Yeah, I actually have, but thanks for the thought, she said and accepted my pot that I was holding out.
I didnt quite know what else to make, I said and sat down.
Well, neither would I, Silver laughed. She pushed some loose black hair behind her ears. Is everything alright at home with Patrick? she asked with a tinge of worry in her voice.
Yeah& do you feel something bad is about to happen? I asked casually.
Not really, but Id be careful, Aay.
I smiled and looked into her black eyes. Its Christmas time! What could happen?
Silver gave a small laugh. True.
We talked a little bit more, and then I looked outside. It was getting dark. Id best be going.
Thanks for the soup and for visiting.
No problem! I said and slipped on my coat and waved goodbye. Soon I was headed out the door and headed home. I was guessing that Patrick should be back. I needed to hurry and fix some dinner, or wed be stuck having leftovers again.
I opened the door and slipped off my boots. I noticed a black figure sitting at the table and guessed it was Patrick. Hey Patrick, I started to say as I was unbuttoning my coat. How did the trip to East Varrock go?
I hung up my coat and walked slowly up to the figure. I needed to turn on the light. Patrick, is that you? The light turned on, and I saw a cross bow pointed at my head.
I paled and gulped.
The green eyes. The red hair. The perfect figure. The piercing scowl.
Oh, crap&.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadowdude on October 14, 2006, 7:55:57 AM

shadowdude on
shadowdudeagain, kool story, and again, die patrick!