Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Dreaded Conversation

Aay and Patrick have been married eight months, and yet danger kees on coming their way. Someone from Aay's past shows up, and this time, Aay's life will be in danger. What a way to ruin the Christmas season!

Chapter 3 - Dreaded Conversation

Chapter 3 - Dreaded Conversation
Oh Dear III



Chapter 2



Cussing wasnt like you, little sister, the figure commented and stood up, keeping the crossbow pointed at my head.
I didnt say anything. I just glared.
Now whats with the harsh look? Arent you going to welcome your older sister home?
I thought you died.
For a time, I thought I had too.
Whyd you come here, Myla? I asked her.
Isnt it obvious? To visit my little sister: Aay.
I glared harder at her. Tell me the truth.
Myla sighed. I came here to warn you.
Warn or threaten?
She laughed. Think it any way you want to, she said, then became serious. Ive rebuilt the Dark and Scarlet clan.
I gasped. What?
You heard me.
My fists clenched tighter and I looked down. Why?
To take over Runescape, of course, Myla said and walked to the window. Your doing well after the fight with Ragetti and Anton.
I looked up at her. You knew them?
Myla grinned. Im the one who gave those blood lusting people the idea to find the daughter of Dark and Scarlet and kill her.
What?! I yelled. It was your plan all along?
Yup. I had to point them in the wrong direction to get a head start on rebuilding the clan without having any obstacles in my way.
My friends and I couldve died! I screamed at her.
That was the plan, dear, Myla laughed. But& it didnt work.
I stepped closer. I was not armed with anything, but I felt my fists were enough, but I stopped when I felt the tip of the arrow against my forehead.
You married Davs brother, Myla said out of the blue.
So?
And Dav is dead.
Yes. He is.
By the hands of his brother.
I sighed. Yes.
That is why I wanted you and Patrick to die.
I laughed. Need I remind you that Dav killed our father?
Our father was old and needed to be replaced anyway.
Its funny how all you people think about is power.
Myla pressed the crossbow harder into my forehead and I felt a little blood trickle down. Isnt that what you wanted, Aay? To be more powerful than us? Isnt that why you wanted to leave to gain more power here in Varrock?
Power was not in my line of thought, said. I was sick of power.
Hmph.
And I suggest you leave, Myla, or youll be arrested.
Patricks coming home soon, isnt he?
I didnt say anything.
Dont worry, Im not afraid to fight that man. He may have defeated Dav, but I was always the better fighter than Dav.
Something clicked in my head. You loved Dav, didnt you?
Mylas face crumpled down into a darker scowl. Of course I did. But you kept on stealing him away from me.
I hardly knew him.
Yes, yes you did, Aay, Myla said. Dont you remember that boy that used to follow our father anywhere?
I nodded slightly.
That, my dear, was Dav.
It made sense. I was a kid then, though.
But he took care of you!
I didnt object to that. Yes, he had helped me once, when I had gotten a beating from my father.
And when we were a couple in his last few weeks in the living, I heard that he had found my dear little sister and was trying to win her heart.
Well, he didnt.
I heard he kissed you.
I sighed again. Jealously was so evil. I punished him for that.
Myla didnt say anything, then sighed. Aay, the Dark and Scarlet clan will attack Varrock Christmas morning.
What?
Give yourself up to us and we wont attack Varrock.
What!?
Im serious. We will kill every single man, woman, even children.
I growled. You cant do that!
We can. And we will.
I heard the door open and I knew Patrick was home.
Sounds like your hubby is home. Decide, Aay, and meet us at our old house deep in the wilderness on Christmas, at dawn. If you are not there by that time, we will head to Varrock.
I growled.
Aay? I heard Patrick call from the front room.
Ja, Myla said and turned to the window. She jumped through, glass shattering everywhere.
Myla! I screamed and jumped out after her. I wont let you get away!
I felt an arrow skim pass my arm.
Dont follow me! I heard her growl.
Like Id do that, I muttered and picked up a long broken piece of glass and sprinted after her.
Aay! I heard Patrick yell and a sword being pulled from its sheath. I soon heard him following me, but I had to stay focused on Myla.
I soon gained upon her and was running almost right beside her. I leaped and made a grab for her legs, succeeding in catching her foot and making her fall. I got up and put the piece of glass to Mylas neck. Stop, Myla, I gasped out.
Goodbye Aay, she said casually and looked behind me.
I gasped and turned around to see a big man holding a sword. I felt the hilt meet with my head& and I saw darkness. I felt my body crumple on Myla and pushed off of her, and their footsteps went off into the distance.
I lost conciousness.

XxXxXxXx

I groaned and opened my eyes, then immediately closed them again. Myla& Myla! Where was she? I forced my eyes opened and looked around. I was in my room and I could smell my scented candles. I shot up and then held my head.
Aay? I heard Patrick say. I felt his hand on my shoulder.
I realized my head was wrapped in bandages and needed to be changed. My hand a tiny smudge of blood on them. I then turned to him. Wheres Myla?
Myla?
I turned away. My sister, Myla.
Your sister&?
I bit my lip. I wouldnt tell him. I still had about a week to think this all out. She paid me a visit. She wasnt a very good guest, Patrick either joked or spoke seriously, I couldnt tell.
I shook my head. Why does this always happen to me?
Patrick laughed. Ill admit, youve had your share of injuries.
I laid back down. How much will the window cost?
Patrick looked at the window which was covered with a blanket. He looked back at me. Dont worry about that now, Aay. Just sleep.
I need to fix dinner&
He laughed. Its already done. I just heated some of the leftovers.
Pooey. So we would have leftovers after all. Ill think Ill snooze a little before I eat, I murmured and closed my eyes.
All right.
I think& I think this was going to be one of my worst Christmass ever& no matter of what I did. Its either give myself up, or fight against the clan. Either tell Patrick, or not to tell Patrick about it.
That was the question.

Soooo& Aay is deciding whether or not to leave in secrecy. Should she do that or talk to the king about it and plan it all out? Or will she do more?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

shadowdude on October 14, 2006, 7:56:22 AM

shadowdude on
shadowdudeu guessed it, gr8 story and kill patrick