Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Fading

Each time he's hurt he looses a single feather... How long does he, the angel, have to live if he's losing his feathers to his demon? [Drama/Angst][Bakura/Ryou]

Chapter 2 - Fading

Chapter 2 - Fading


Of Angels and Demons[/b]
Chapter 2: Fading
By: Nadako-mika



Through darkness I'm wandering.
Through darkness I'm faultering.
Where once I thought was home,
Now is black
From the lack
Of light piercing the walls of my home.

Of all a sudden a voice calls,
Where the blinding light falls.
I reach for the welcoming light.
I give a loud shout
I need to get out,
Of the darkness and into the light.

There two people stand,
One weeping and holding Time's sands.
"He's fading fast," the other says.
A single feather fell,
Tattered and weathered as can tell.
"You have to stop," the other says.

"Stop what?" I wonder.
They fall silent making me ponder.
The weeping one holds out Time's sands.
"He's fading fast,
He's not going to last.
"He'll live until the last grain of Time's sands."

"Who are you talking about?" I ask.
She said behing her teary mask,
"The one you truly love."
Love has no meaning
It's a dead feeling.
So how can I possibly love?

"Bakura, you must stop," the other calls.
His face stern stare makes your soul fall.
"Stop what?" I ask again, "Who's fading?"
"Stop the hurting,
He's truly dying.
"Stop everything or your hikari will continue fading."

It struck me hard, "Ryou?"


--------------------------

((Bakura's P.O.V))

I woke up with a start. What kind of dream was that? Poetry? POETRY in my DREAM? I still remember it vidily. I was just wandering around in the dark when I went through some really bright light. Then there were two people, a man and a woman. The woman was weeping heavily and staring sadly at an Hourglass, that she was holding, like it was her life. Then they spoke to me. At first I didn't know what they were talking about. But then I came to understand that they were talking about the fate of my Hikari. They said something about Ryou dying and fading away. I huffed, what nonsense!

I sat up and noticed something at the foot of the bed. It was my hikari. I felt a pang of guilt come over me, but quickly shrugged it off. Guilty? Why should I feel guilty? After all it was....no..it was MY fault, not his. I'm the one that made him sleep there, I'm a spirit and I don't need a bed. What's this? I'm becoming soft, not good. Must have been that dream I had. I have to remember to block that dream out.

What to do? What to do? It's raining outside and there is absolutely nothing to do! Ryou's upstairs hiding as usual. I'm here stuck on the couch...trying to find something to occupy my time. Maybe I could set this house on fire... But the rain would drench the flames, not to mention Ryou and I would become homeless. Perhaps I could find some unwary animal to torture... Nothing seems to be outside because of the rain, and I would NEVER hurt the cat that Ryou keeps. Cats are sacred! They're very intelligent creatures, *nod nod* yes they are. I sink further into the couch. Rain just ruins everything.

"Rain, rain...go away..." I sighed heavily and reached for the phone.

Maybe Mariku may have some ideas. I hate to admit it, but that blonde always seems to have something up his sleeve. Ring, ring, ring. Answer the freaking phone Ishtar! Hmph. The answering machine just came on. Argh...he's already found something to do, and left me out of it. I refuse to call that so called 'Pharaoh'. His all mighty self is too busy to spend some time with his fellow yami. Gah! What was that? Did I just THINK about calling that Pharaoh? Couldn't be...never would happen...

Pitter Patter, Pitter Patter. Oh what fun! The rain makes sounds... snore... I make sounds too! How interesting... I wonder what my sad excuse for a hikari is doing. He can't expect to hide all day can he? Being a mortal, you have to eat. And if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure the kitchen is DOWNSTAIRS not UPSTAIRS. I stare at the ceiling and start counting the little paint droplets. Wait...Paint droplets? I stand up on the couch and poke at the material. I never knew paint dripped so slowly. The paint must have been pretty thick, it takes a while for paint to dry. Maybe the carpenter was just bad at constructing the ceiling, and tried to cover up the mess by painting over it. Who would be dumb enough to do that?

Am I actually interested about PAINT? What has come over me? It's the rain I tell you! The rain! It's EVIL evilevilevilevil! Not GOOD goodgoodgoodgood! Aye...I'm repeating repeatingrepeatingrepeating everything I say. *blink* GARGH! Must stop repeating repea- NO! Not going to say sa- I'm twitching again. That could only mean one thing... I MUST RELEASE MY ANGER! *calms down* Alright I'm done my rant. This rain is seriously making me insane. Must keep my mind occupied. Think of other things, Bakura.

I wonder what that dream meant... NO! I promised myself that I wouldn't think of that anymore... no no, no dream. No thinking of the dream. No wondering what the dream meant. No wondering if the dream was really telling the truth, and wondering if Ryou was soon going to fade away and die. Twitch. Must find the real meaning of the dream. Who cares about that promise, I need to know. Curiosity kills...only if you keep it in.

--------------------------

(( Ryou's P.O.V ))

I feel so...weak. So tired...no energy at all. Why is this happening to me? I know the answer, but I don't want to believe it. Everysince I first met Bakura, I've had this dream... There are always two people standing by my side. They tell me to get stronger and resist my yami. They said that everytime he hurt me, it would cost me dearly. I was only eleven years of age when I first recieved that message. I didn't believe it. I didn't understand what it meant...until now.

The two people in my dreams say I'm an angel, or I represent one anyway. They said that all Hikaris are angels, and their Yamis are the demons. Not in a bad way though. It just meant that the hikaris were light and yamis were darker. Anyways... Since angels really have no way to die, we're supposedly 'immortal' right? And demons can somehow, almost always be killed. Well, the two people told me how an angel dies...

Angels have wings of feather, correct? Is an angel still an angel if it loses its wings? Each time us hikaris are hurt by our darker halfs...we lose a single feather. Doesn't seem like much right? But you must remember, feathers are limited. They may grow back after a very long period of time, however. If an angel loses its feathers quickly he or she may die. I don't really know if it's true, the two people just told me. So an Angel's life is timed. Once the last feather is gone, the angel is gone. I don't know where to, but it's gone.

I've come to realize that everytime Bakura abuses me...I fade. My spirit weakens. Right now I'm too exhausted to do anything. Why did I have to be stuck with him? Does he know what he's doing to me? I wonder if he gets the same warnings in his dreams. Does he even dream?

Malik used to have the same problem as I. Mariku used to be as bad as Bakura, and had taken out all his anger on Malik. But the two learned to love each other... I envy them. Yuugi has been ever so lucky. His yami is nice and kind. Never has Yami been rude or abusive towards Yuugi. I growl slightly. Why did I have to be the one with bad luck? Why couldn't I live a good life liky Yuugi? That Motou... he gets everything he wants. I think I'm starting to dislike the pair.

Why is the house so quiet? Is Bakura out? I didn't hear the door, so he must still be in. He's never this quiet. He always has something to talk or yell about. I wonder if Bakura is mad, I don't want to stick around to find out. I have to get out of this house. I try to sit up on my bed, only to find gravity pull my weakened body down. No energy at all. But I'll lose even more if Bakura gets mad and I'm still here. I need to take a walk, maybe I'll regain some energy from the fresh air.

I manage to get out of my bed. As I slowly walk towards the bedroom door, I notice it's raining outside. The rain isn't going to stop me. I need to get out, I'm not staying here with Bakura. I walked down the stairs as silently as I could. Would Bakura stop me if he saw me? I'm not taking that chance. I quietly made my way towards the front door. I saw Bakura napping on the couch as I passed the living room. No wonder it was so quiet, he was sleeping. Not waiting around to make sure Bakura was fully asleep, I grabbed my coat by the door and stepped out.

I took a few steps from the door and instantly feel the rain beating against my hood. It was raining heavily and no one was in sight. There wasn't a single vehicle on the road. Everything was silent. I didn't mind though, I prefered it quiet. In just a few minutes my coat was soaked and stuck to my skin. I pulled my hood off and let the rain fall onto my face. It was soothing... but awfully cold.

I still feel exhausted. With each step I become weaker. I don't know where I'm walking to, but I can't turn back. I'm already too far from my house, and I'd collapse from exhaustioin before I even reach the door. I doubt Bakura would take me into the house himself. I trip slightly as I continue walking. Where are my feet taking me?

I reach an unfamiliar park. Great how am I going to get home? The rain was coming down even harder. I feel cold and numb. I need to rest. I walk towards a near by bench. I just need a little rest, then I'll be fine. Just a little rest... But I never reach the bench. My legs give out too soon, and I tumble down to the ground. I had no energy left in me. I couldn't get up. I just lay there, collapsed on the soaking ground. Before sleep overtook my mind, I hear footsteps coming closer...

----------------------------------------------------

To Be Continued?

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TrueCritic on March 25, 2006, 2:20:23 AM

TrueCritic on
TrueCriticYou are evil! And good news the mean old nun isn't going to be back for a few months! But you are still evil!

DarkDemon on February 8, 2005, 6:27:14 AM

DarkDemon on
DarkDemon*CRYS ALOT* *kick yamis @$$ like Dementor and find, revives, and takes ryou to MY house*
CONTINUE PLEASE

kittyGurl_6 on January 27, 2005, 8:35:28 AM

kittyGurl_6 on
kittyGurl_6OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! what happened to him?! who was getting closer?! was it his yami?! I need ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dementor on January 23, 2005, 3:18:06 AM

Dementor on
DementorOMG THAT IS SOOOOOOO SAD! Poor Ryou has to suffer from Yami Bakura and now it's caused him to leave the house weak and tired and now he is on the ground in the middle of a park in the pooring rain. Why must he suffer so much at once. Nice story and keep writing or typing.:) *favs* *puts on coat to go find Ryou after kicking sleepy Yami Bakura's @$$.*