Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Despise

Each time he's hurt he looses a single feather... How long does he, the angel, have to live if he's losing his feathers to his demon? [Drama/Angst][Bakura/Ryou]

Chapter 3 - Despise

Chapter 3 - Despise


Of Angels and Demons[/u]
Chapter 3: Despise
By: Nadako-Mika


"Oh my God. What happened to him?"
"I found him outside in the rain."
"He's developing a fever."
"What should we do?"
"Put him into bed, I'll tell 'ji-san."

--------------

Ryou woke up groggily. His head pounded, like waves breaking against tall cliffs. His nosed was stuffed, and his eyelids were heavy. The teen turned over and snuggled deeper into the warm blankets. He wondered why he felt so warm, usually his bed was ice cold. Bakura always blocked the heating vents to his room. Ryou didn't mind the change though. He was warm for once, and he'd like to keep it that way.

Tossing and turning, Ryou finally gave up. He wasn't going to get anymore sleep that day. He sat up, feeling his limbs heavier than usual, and gave a content yawn. He stopped mid-yawn. He noticed something out of place. Since when was his room littered with all sorts of toys and games? His room was never a bright red, always a plain white shade.

At that moment the door to the room opened. Yuugi's grandfather, Sugoroku, walked in. At first Sugoroku didn't seem to notice Ryou. He only walked towards the window to pull open the blinds, picking up a few misplaced toys along the way. He turned around and almost jumped out of his skin.

"Oh! Ryou, you're up," he said walking up to the bed. He placed the back of his hand on Ryou's forehead. "Hm... The fever's cleared."

Ryou, in the meantime, just blinked and stared confusingly. How did he find himself at Yuugi's house? Wasn't he in the park?

"I'll go fix you a nice hot bowl of soup. The boy's will be glad to hear that you're awake!" Sugoroku said with a kind smile. Before Ryou could say a word, the old man had closed the door behind him.

'How did I end up at Yuugi's?' Ryou thought. The boy stood up. He realized that he was no longer in his own clothing. His mind was foggy and his limbs were heavy. He walked towards the door with much effort. Before Ryou had a chance to turn the knob, the door opened. Yuugi and Yami walked in.

"Ryou, you should be in bed," Yuugi said. He guided the dazed boy back to the bed.

"I-I'm fine Yuugi," Ryou said tiredly, "I really have to get home."

"In this weather?" Yami asked looking out the window. The rain was still pouring down heavily. Droplets were pounding agains the windows and rooftops. "You'll probably collapse again. I found you at the park, you were ice cold!" The ex-pharaoh turned towards the white haired teen, "Why were you out there anyway?"

Ryou stayed silent. Did he really want to say that he had to get away from Bakura? "I went out for a walk this morning. Then it started raining, I never thought it would come down this hard," he lied.

"Oh," Yuugi said simply. He wasn't too convinced, but decided not to push the subject.

/ Yami... It started raining yesterday night, and it hasn't stopped yet. / Yuugi said through their connection.

// Really? Why would Ryou lie to us? //

/ I think he's trying to hide something. / There was a slight pause in the conversation. Until Yuugi quickly said, / Don't ask him though- / It was too late. Yami had already spoken.

"Ryou... is there something you're hiding from us?" Yami asked slowly, trying not to sound too suspicious.

"No, no! W-why would you think so?"

/ Yami. Don't push the subject. / Yuugi warned.

Yami ignored his hikari though. "It's just that... When we changed you into dryer clothing, we noticed some scars on your back."

Ryou stayed silent.

/ Yami... / Yuugi started in a threatening voice. / Stop it. You're making him uncomfortable. /

// Don't worry Yuugi. I know what I'm doing. //

/ I'm not sure about this... /

"What do you want from me?" Ryou asked suddenly, making both Yuugi and Yami jump. His eyes were emotionless and his face was blank.

"We just want to know what had happened." Yami answered. "Did Bakura have something to do with it?"

"No!" Ryou answered suddenly. He had practically shouted. He quickly calmed down and turned away.

"You're hiding something," Yami put simply, "Tell us what happened. We can help you." He got nothing out of Ryou. "Look, if Bakura was the one that caused you these scars. We can find a way to stop it all. We can help you out, Ryou."

"How can YOU possibly help?" Ryou said in a tone so unlike him.

"Well...for one, we can talk to Bakura-"

"Ha! Talk to him? You think 'TALKING' will help? Look Yami," Ryou spat out the name as if it were poisoned, "There's NOTHING anyone of you can do for me. Nothing."

"Why do you think that is?"

"Because you have to understand what I'm going through to help. And you two have been lucky enough to have never experienced such pain! You two have never had a problem with each other. Always being there to help each other out, always there to comfort each other. And do you know what I get? PAIN. Never once in my life have I been truly happy. And when I think my life couldn't get any worse, Bakura shows up.

"He showed up at the worst time in my life! My sister had just passed away, and my life was very unstable. My father had gotten a new job, and because of that he's never home anymore. He's always in some other country digging up fossils and artifacts. I was always home alone. When I first saw Bakura, I was happy for once. But that feeling came short as I got my first punch from him. From there on, my life was always going down." Ryou looked up and stared at the two boys with anger.

"But you wouldn't know," he turned around and proceeded to leave.

Yami just hung his head low. He stood with Yuugi in silence.

"Oh hello Ryou. Are you feeling better?....Ryou?......Ryou what's wrong? Where are you going?.......Hey wait-" They heard the voice of Sugoroku trying to talk to Ryou. But the sound of a door slamming shut came shortly after.

Yuugi turned to look at his other self and frowned deeply, something you hardly see him doing. "You knew what you were doing huh?"

Yami just sighed deeply and walked out of the room.

------------------------------

"Bakura..." a voice echoed through the darkness.

The tomb robber looked around the dark scene. He couldn't see anything.

"Bakura..." again the voice called, "You have to stop..."

He growled slightly, this was getting annoying. "Stop what?"

"Stop all the pain."

Suddenly, he felt himself being tugged on. His body was hurled in an unknown direction, and was thrown onto solid ground. When he came to, he saw two familiar people standing in front of him. Yami and Yuugi. Their backs were turned to him. Bakura took a look around him and saw that he had somehow ended up in a cemetery. He stood up quickly and walked towards the two men, stopping shortly when Yami bent down and placed a single white rose on the grave. A quiet conversation stirred, and Bakura caught every word.

"Poor Ryou..." Yuugi started, his voice was deeper than Bakura remembered.
"We should have helped him," Yami answered.
"Was there anything we could have really done?"
"...Yes...Yes, there was."
"What would have that been?"
"We could have stopped that blasted tomb robber from getting to him." Yami scrunched up his fists and tried to calm down.

Yuugi placed a warm hand on his yami's shoulders. "Calm down, Yami. There's nothing we could do to fix this right now. He's been gone for two years, we have to accept this and move on."

"It's....It's just that...It's such a shame that he had to die at the age of seventeen," Yami shook his head slightly, "He wasn't even old enough to drive, or go to bars. He was still just a child. Couldn't he have died just one year after? at least he could have experienced adulthood."

Yuugi sighed heavily. "We need to go, we're going to be late for work."

Yami nodded and turned to leave, but accidently bumped into Bakura. "Oh, Excuse me," he said before walking on.

Yuugi followed, but took one last look at Bakura before catching up with his yami. "Yami... That guy looks a lot like Bakura, don't you think?"

Bakura couldn't believe what he had heard. 'What? Ryou, dead?' He hesitantly turned his eyes to the tombstone where Yami had placed the rose. There, carved neatly into the hard stone, read the name 'Bakura, Ryou'. Bakura backed away from the stone and closed his eyes, trying to even out his ragged breaths.
'This isn't happening...'

-------**--------

Bakura shot up from the couch he occupied. Another dream... Will they never stop coming? He stretched lazily and gave a content yawn. He was becoming a bit hungry, maybe he could get Ryou to fix something for him. Dragging his feet across the creme carpet, he made his way upstairs. He was surprised to find Ryou's door open, but when he peered in, no one was there. 'Maybe that hikari is in the bathroom...' He looked down the hall, but the bathroom door was open as well, and the light wasn't on. 'Where could he have gone?'

After searching the house, Bakura took into consideration that Ryou had probably gone out. 'Who would go out in this kind of weather?' He sighed as the doorbell rang.

"What do you want?" Bakura snapped coldly upon seeing Yami.

"Do you know where Ryou is?" the former pharaoh answered calmly.

"Funny, I could ask you the same thing."

"Well? Do you?"

"No, dumbass! I don't!" Bakura was getting annoyed. What exactly did he want anyways?

"Well...then..."

"Spit it out,"

"Do you know anything about how Ryou may have gotten those scars on his back?" Yami asked, his voice clearly filled with suspicion.

"No, I don't!"

"Are you sure you don't know?"

"Why do you always come to me when Ryou gets hurt? Why do you always suspect me of everything?!" Bakura was letting his anger get the best of him.

"Because you're always the one that causes his injuries," Yami stated simply.

"And? So what if I did?"

"You would need to seek help."

"Help? That's the best you can do? Get me HELP? HA!"

"It would really help this situation." Yami said, beginning to get really irritated by Bakura's stubborness.

"Oh really? And how exactly would you help me? By giving me a lesson on how to 'Properly' treat a hikari?" Bakura mocked, "You wouldn't be able to help. You don't even understand this situation of ours. How would you help someone if you haven't experienced the problem yourself? You don't know the answer...do you pharaoh?"

Yami paused for a moment before saying, "I'm only trying to stop you from KILLING your hikari."

Bakura laughed maniacly. "Stop me from KILLING? That's a good one. But I'm not stupid enough to kill my Host, Yami. I know that I need a host inorder to survive. I wouldn't give my life away, just to kill someone else. Now if you have nothing better to say, which you don't, LEAVE!" Bakura slammed the door shut and stomped away angerly.

'Help? What do I need help for? So I won't kill my hikari? Hmph, does it seem like Ryou's dying?' Bakura thought angerly as he flipped on the television. 'The pharaoh thinks he can help? He doesn't know what the problem is. Of course he doesn't! He always gets along with his Light. There's never an argument or fight between the two. They're just happy to be by each other. Lucky Bastard. I can't even look at Ryou without making him shake uncontrollable. I can't even TALK to my hikari without making him stutter!' Bakura hated the two now, Yami and Yuugi. Even though he hated them before, he despised them even more now.

------------------------------------------

A/N:^.^;; oh-hoohoo Touchy Baku-san XD
Until Next time.. bwahaha

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TrueCritic on March 25, 2006, 2:28:54 AM

TrueCritic on
TrueCriticWords cannot describe how good this is.

Dementor on February 6, 2005, 10:09:13 AM

Dementor on
DementorYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU FINISHED THE THIRD CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was good!! No not good GREAT!!!!!!!! When did Ryou get all worked up when talking to Yami and Yugi? Yami doesn't need to get into Ryou and Bakura's sistuation. They can handle it. Bakura is being morr then a jek then usual. Again NICE JOB AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! *favs infinity*