Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The begining

A girl named Mia has stummbled across the family secret of the Sohma family. But she doesn't care one bit. She thinks she knows everything about the Sohma family now and they think they know everything about her. But is their more to Mia then what

Chapter 1 - The begining

Chapter 1 - The begining


It has been two weeks since I found out the Sohma family secret. A blonde haired girl thought. She was about five foot one and had layered blonde haired that went down to her shoulders. She was in the regular school girl out fit walking to her job at the daycare center. She had eyes the color of the sun setting over the sea and to most boys, she was very cute. She never noticed though. Her name was Mia Aurora Sun. She was in crutches but would be getting out of them in one more week.

It all happened when I was walking in the woods. I thought it would be a shortcut home. Some boys from the new school I just transferred to; had followed me. The surrounded me. I knew how to fight, I am a black belt after all, but I was too scared and began to run. They followed right behind me. I remember dropping my school bag in the process. Then I saw a house. I banged on the door but there was no answer I heard them coming out of the woods. I ran around the back and found a man wearing traditional Japanese clothing. I was sprinting full speed and couldn't stop. I ran right into him. I heard a poof and there was a dog and the man's clothes.

(The girl is now entering the woods.) I was shocked but to scared to think of anything because the boys that were chasing me had just come around the corner. I had the black dog in my hands and began to back up in to a tree. “What do you want?” I asked.

“It is not what we want; it is what our leader wants. And that Mia is you!” the biggest one of the boys said. I gripped the dog harder and pulled him closer. “I didn't do anything!” I screamed at him.

The dog jumped out of my lap and began to bark at the boys. They started to back up. Then I saw into the future. I can do that, it is a gift I have. My eyes flashed yellow and I saw the boy that had just talked to me get out a knife and bring it down on the dog. As soon as the vision was over he got out his knife. I jumped and grabbed the dog. I was fast enough to grab him out of harms way but I wasn't fast enough to get my leg out of the way. I felt the pain but it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. I was again too scared to notice. I took the knife out. The dog looked at me with wonder. “I'll tell you later,” I had whispered in his ear. Now I was to hurt to move. The dog again jumped and began to bark. They began to back up.

A boy with grey hair and purple eyes walked out of the house and asked, “Shigure, what is the matter?” He saw all of the boys crowded around a girl. They were all staring at him now. That is the new girl at our school, Mia Aurora Sun I'm sure. What is she doing here? More important, what are they doing here? “Can I help you?”

“Yuki, we were just um…”

“I think maybe you should leave before I call the cops.” The boys all took off running in to the woods. Yuki turned to Mia and smiled at her. “What happened?”

I told him that they just came at me saying that their leader wanted me. Then I heard a poof and the dog was gone. There in its place was the man (now naked) I ran into. “AHHHH!” I screamed and turned away. “Sorry about that.”

“Shigure,” Yuki said once he was changed. “You shouldn't have let her seen you!”

“Sorry Yuki, I didn't know she was there.”

“It is my fault,” I said. I tried to stand up to leave but I couldn't because of my leg. Yuki saw that I was hurt and came over to help me up. My leg was covered in blood and it was starting to sting.

“We need to get you inside.” Once inside Yuki turned to Shigure and asked, “Did she see you transform?”

“Yes, she did. I need to call Akito and tell him.” Shigure ran off to the phone. I sat there on the couch and looked around the room. I felt fingers run through my hair and looked behind me to see Yuki playing with my hair. He drew his hand back and smiled.

“Sorry about that, I shouldn't play with your hair.”

“No sweat, my brother used to always play with my hair!” I said with a big smile.

“Do you have family around here?” Yuki asked even though he knew only the Sohma family live in this area.

“No I was just wondering around. I thought maybe these woods might lead to the woods at my house, a shortcut.”

“No, these woods only lead to the Head Sohma house. Where do you live?”

“You sure do ask a lot of questions!” I said with a big smile.

“Oh didn't mean to offend you.”

“You didn't, don't worry you didn't do any such thing as that!” I said in a panic. *sigh* “I live about a thirty minutes walk from the school and it took me a five minute run to get to your house, so maybe forty minutes away.” *Shrug*

“Wow that is a long walk away.”

“Yup, but I get my exercise,” said putting up my fists in fighting position.

“Your parents don't drive you?” I looked down. My smile wasn't as big so I tried to hide it with my hair. “No, they died when I was seven.”

“Oh, I'm sorry, but what about your brother, is he old enough to drive?”

“He would be. He also died.”

“I just keep saying the wrong things, don't I?”

“No, it is perfectly normal to be curious.”

“But curiosity killed the cat, but he is stupid anyways. Ok, then will you tell me what happened to your family?” He asked. He started to get out a first aid kit to help the cut to stop bleeding.

“Sure, it happened when I was four…”

“Wait didn't they die when you were seven?”

“Yes, but this started when I was four.”

“Oh, carry on then.” He said while he tried to figure out how to wrap the bandage.

“When I was four and my brother, Houston I called him Baba, was eleven we went to camp. Our parents were in their late twenties then. Around twenty-seven I think. Anyways, I was going to be gone for two weeks and my brother was going to be gone for four weeks. During that time they found out how much fun they could have, but there was just something in their way…me and Baba. When I came home they told me about how I was adopted. I was just abandoned on their front porch. There was a note asking to take care of me. It had my birthday and stuff on it.

“My Aunt was there when I was on their porch. She is a professor here in Japan and they asked her to name me. They didn't know what to call me. That is how I got my Japanese name. After I came back from camp, they shunned me. I soon became use to it though. My brother came back and became angry when I told them that they disowned me. But they also disowned him as well. Four months later he became sick. His anger filled up inside him and made him fall ill. Father was not happy and Mother wasn't either, mainly because they were losing money on medication. I use to call Father, Dad, and Mother, Mom, until they changed it. They said never to call them that again. They wanted me to call Baba, Houston, too. This made Baba mad. He told them to never make me call him that ever again. They thought if he became angrier than he will be sicker and that would cost them more money. So they did as he told them to do.

“Baba soon became better. But the doctors said that he might start getting angry at things that he is use to. That it might make him crazy. New things that make him mad would make him even crazier. But he never got mad at me; he only got made at relatives, friends, and others that made fun of me. They would make fun of how I was disowned by two sets of parents. Baba got real mad at one of his friends and they fought for a long time. They never spoke to each other again. His friend had a broken arm the last time I saw him after that.

“Every Christmas we would spend it alone. When I was seven he said that that was the last time we would spend Christmas alone. Our parents were at a party that would last all night. They did that every year.” Tears began to roll down my cheek and my hands balled up into a fist.

“Please go on, Mia,” Yuki said.

“Ok, he grabbed my hand and the car keys. I told him he was too young to drive, but he didn't listen. He was fourteen years old. We got in the car and he went on to the highway. There were drunks out and they crashed right into us. Or car looked bad and theirs barely had a scratch. My brother was alive but barely. He said that he loved me and that he wanted me to get good grades in school. To be the smart one in the family and make all A's, that is why I am so obsessed with my grades. He gave me a present and it was a bracelet. It had our birthstones on it and inside it said, `My Sweet Little Girl'. There was a note inside it and it said, `You are more like a daughter to me then a sister. I hope I am like a dad. Your brother will always love you. This bracelet might come in handy. You can see into the future, our parents didn't want you to know. That is why all those weird dreams and flashes that you have come true. This bracelet also has some sort of powers that will help you with yours. This might not make sense but some day it will. Remember all that I taught you. I love you my sweet little girl.

Love you Brother and Father like figure,

Houston/Baba'

I don't know what he meant by that but the last thing he said before he died was, `I love you Mia, the light of my heart. The light does come within you.' It was very strange. But he lifted up an arm and wrapped it around my shoulder and died.

“My parents were murdered at the party. There was a guy who had too much to drink and got out a gun and began to shoot the people around him. My parents got shot and died. There will said to let me live in Japan with my aunt, I get everything (because Houston was dead), and my aunt knows what to do from there. I must be boring you telling you about my past.”

“And I thought we had it bad,” Shigure said in the door way.

“How long have you been there?” Yuki asked in shock.

“The whole time and Akito said that she doesn't have to get her memory erased but we have to keep a close eye on her,” he said getting right in my face. I could feel myself beginning blush. “This means she has to stay here, with us so we can have a close eye on her!”

“But I can't do that. I can't just come in and invade your home.”

“Sure you can. You can't take a thirty minute walk to school on crutches. And as soon as you get off you can start cleaning the house and doing the cooking.”

“YOU CAN'T TELL HER WHAT TO DO!”

“Oh I don't mind besides your house really needs to be clean,” I said with a smile while I looked at the house that looked more like a junk yard. An orange haired boy with ruby eyes busted through the wall and stood there with a smug smile on his face. “Are you ready to get your butt kicked Yuki?”

“Kyo, we have company and you don't have to tare down my poor house!”

“WHAT IS A GIRL DOING HERE?”

“Shut up stupid cat.”

“Don't call me stupid!”

“Well if you stopped acting stupid I would stop calling you stupid.”

Kyo got made and lunged at Yuki. Without thinking, Mia scooted over in front of Yuki and took the hit. Her hand caught his but it still hit a little of her stomach. Kyo looked shocked that he hit her. Yuki looked real mad.

He began to punch Kyo. “Yuki stop!” Yuki quit punching Kyo and looked at Mia. “Please don't hit him anymore.”

“I can take care of myself girl!” Kyo said to Mia.

“Ok before you tare my house down, let me tell you about our family! You see we are apart of the Chinese Zodiac! I am the dog as you have already found out! Yuki is the rat and Kyo over there is the cat. When hugged by the opposite sex or when real ill we turn into our animals. We are cursed that way.”

“Oh how sad for you,” I said petting his hair. “I love the Chinese Zodiac! I heard about the cat as well! I was born in the year of the year of the dog.”

“Really, it doesn't show,” Yuki said.

“What is that suppose to mean?” Shigure asked.

They decided to get my stuff tomorrow until then I was to sleep in the quest room, the only room not full of junk.



So it was decided that I would stay at their house and clean and cook. Kyo seems to have accepted and Yuki is always making sure that I get to and from the daycare where I work. Today he couldn't come because of student council.



`Yuki you are an embarrassment to nature you should just die and get it over with!' Yuki woke up from his dream. He fell asleep in the meeting. He looked at his watch to see that the meeting would be over in five more minutes. Just in time to pick up Mia.

It had been a long time since he thought about what Akito had told him when he was little. He still had nightmares from when he would look him in a dark room for a long time. Sometimes he would have to stay in the room for days.

“Well that is all for today it is time for us to go home.”

Yuki quickly picked up his stuff so he could get out fast with no questions. When he left they all just stared at him. He remembered seeing a light sometimes when in that room and a girls shadow. He never was able to see who the girl was though.

He saw Mia come limping out of the daycare. They have been letting her out early because of her leg. She looked up and smiled at him. His body filled with warmth when she smiled that way.

“Hi Yuki-Kun how are you today?”

“They have been going good.” He looked puzzled.

“You seem confused. What is the matter?” she asked with a smile.

“Nothing, can I ask you a question?”

“I ain't stopping you.” She talked very western as always. Yuki couldn't help but laugh when she did.

“Would you think of me as an embarrassment to nature?”

“No, why would I think that?”

“I don't know, because I turn into a rat?”

“I think you are a cute mouse!”

“Don't you mean rat?”

“No I mean mouse. A rat is big, fat, and ugly. While a mouse is cute and adorable just like you Yuki-Kun!” she said with that big smile again. “You see you are not a rat you are a mouse!”

He smiled at her. “I guess you are right.” She began to laugh. Her laugh was light and small. She looked up the sky and saw the moon. “You know I use to have dreams about a place where there were these people that helped take care of the universe. I use to always tell the Professor about them. He was always interested in what I had to say.”

“Who is the Professor?”

“He is a kind man who looked after me with the help of his wife. He used to work with my aunt until he decided to settle down.”

“Oh, so who are the people in your dreams?”

“Well, they looked after earth and stuff like that.”

“Hmm… were they like they us, human I mean?”

“Yes but they had powers.”

They walked in silence after that. They reached the house and saw a big hole and Kyo and some guy standing in it. “Oh, No!” Mia said.

Yuki looked at her and asked, “What is wrong? Do you know him?”

“Yes he is my cousin.”

“What is he doing here? I thought you didn't have any family.”

“I have family but they don't care much for me. And he is here to get me, again.”


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Kohakucrazy on November 24, 2007, 11:19:32 AM

Kohakucrazy on
Kohakucrazyawesome!!!

nauiscca on February 21, 2006, 9:32:29 AM

nauiscca on
nauisccawowv that good!

Nami_Faith on January 14, 2006, 4:14:29 AM

Nami_Faith on
Nami_Faithok this is my first submit to here! i hope you like it. I have pixs that go with it but my scanner isn't working at the moment and someone stole my sketches so i don't have them i have to remake them :( *Sigh* oh well i hope you like it!