Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - 13-One Chance

The Ne-kai have to interact one another in order to keep their secret society. When a human girl and a Ne-kai falls in love, will his kind destroy the girl after she finds out about their society? >_< Anzu/Atem.

Chapter 13 - 13-One Chance

Chapter 13 - 13-One Chance
Banished Love by Neema

Chapter 13-One Chance

Marik glared at Atem and Anzu as he walked past them, baring his fangs as he snarled. "Ishizu, he have no right to interrupt an official trial," he growled, but Ishizu raised her hand to silence her brother while still staring at Atem.

"Atem, is it true you told this human about The Society?" she asked quietly.

"Her name is Anzu and yes, I did told her," snarled Atem as he wrapped his arms around Anzu protectively.

"You fool!" Akhenaden yelled in anger. "Don't you realize she would endanger our kind!?"

"She won't if she kept this secret," Atem growled. "I trust her because I love her and our child." Ishizu clenched her fists and glared at Anzu and Akai before back at Atem. "It doesn't doesn't matter," said Ishizu. "You know the law and the penalty of breaking it."

"Then you should know Ishizu, that you can't convict a human from an uncontolled territory," Atem retorted. The other Elders stared at Ishizu in disbelief.

"Is this true, Ishizu?" Solomon asked in disappointment. Ishizu slightly hung her head and said nothing.

"I caught her brother Malik's scent outside of Domino City and he took Anzu and Akai out of my home," Atem resumed. "I assumed Ishizu is behind this, as a revenge for breaking off our engagement." Anzu gasped and looked at him. Ishizu smiled a little.

"You're right, Atem," she said quietly. "I was devastated and heartbroken when you left me, all because you cared for humans. I figured if this girl was killed before you came, you would come back to me."

Atem growled in disgust as he took Anzu's hand and turned to leave. "Wait, you can't just leave, Atem!" Akhenaden called out, but they quickly left.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"A-Atem . . . ." Anzu said quietly as Atem drove down a highway in Ryuuji's car. "Atem . . . ."

"Yeah," Atem said tiredly.

"Um, what happened to Jonouchi?" she asked.

"He's okay, just dislocated his shoulder," replied Atem. "He should be out of the hospital by now." Anzu fell quiet as she looked at the passing cars, then looked back at the back seat, where Akai was sleeping in her baby seat. She glanced at Atem before looking through her window.

"How come you didn't tell me?" she asked quietly.

"Huh? Didn't tell you what?" questioned Atem as he made a left turn.

"That you had a fiancee," said Anzu as she looked at him. "Did you loved her as much as you loved me?"

Atem sighed deeply. "I never loved Ishizu," he admitted. "It was an arranged engagement that I loathed since I was ten."

"Ten?"

"Being engaged at a young age is an old Egyptian tradition," Atem replied. "Anyway, Ishizu was in love with me, I didn't even liked her because of her family, the Ishtars. Her family mostly consisted of executioners of humans."

"Oh, I see . . . ." Anzu sighed. Soon they reached the edge of the city.

"You've seen her older brothers, Marik and Malik," said Atem. "Malik was the one who kidnapped you. He's an informer, telling The Society which humans who knows about us. Marik is the executioner, but he executes young women."

"Why?" Anzu asked, feeling anxious.

"He thinks he finds it fun to torture and rape them before he kills them," Atem muttered angrily. Anzu gasped and shook her head in disbelief. If Atem hadn't got her, Marik would have killed her. Atem gently grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Don't worry," he said as he glanced at her. "They would regret it if they hurt you or our child."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Anzu! Thank goodness you and Akai are safe!" Jonouchi exclaimed happily as Atem, Anzu, and Akai came home. His entire right arm and shoulder were casted and was held by a slung. "Sorry I didn't sense them out sooner."

"That's all right, Jonouchi, smiled Anzu. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"Oh, this?" smirked Jonouchi as he glanced at his injury. "This is nothing, so it'll heal in a few days." Atem sighed and tried to touch his shoulder, but Jonouchi backed away.

"Atem, be nice," Anzu said as she went into the nursery. Atem stared at Jonouchi ans smiled. "Thank you, Jonouchi."

"What for?"

"If you weren't here to tell me what happened, I wouldn't see Anzu again." Jonouchi smiled as he turned away. "Aw, it's nothing, really--" But he stopped and he and Atem suddenly saw a light tawny cat, stitting at the opened window.

"Malik . . . ." Atem growled lowly, baring his lengthened fangs.

"I just came to inform that you and your family are now outcasted from The Society's territories," mused Malik. "And one more thing, if that human says one word about our kind to another human, she'll be executed immediately." Malik left, leaving Atem and Jonouchi silently angry.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anzu was already fast asleep in the bed, but Atem could sleep, his mind kept replaying of what happened earlier. He nuzzled his face in her neck and his arm loosely wrapped around her waist. Damn you, Ishizu, he thought angrily as his grew tighter. Are you still angry because I'd rather be with Anzu and Akai? I hate you and your damn family.

"A-Atem . . . . you're hurting me . . . ." Anzu whimpered. Atem snapped out of his thoughts, realizing he was squeezing Anzu's waist painfully.

"Anzu, I'm sorry," Atem exclaimed as he let go of her and sat up. Anzu turned around and looked at the Egyptian. "Atem, what's wrong?" she asked quietly as she sat up. "What happened today, is that what's been bothering you?" Atem stared at her and sighed, caressing her face.

"Yeah, today was the worst day of my life," he said mournfully. "If The Society had killed you, I . . . . I wouldn't know what to do. And I worried about Akai. The Society made half-breeds to live in shame and I don't want our child to live like that." Anzu snifled and hugged Atem.

"She won't, and we'll make sure of that," she whispered.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In the next chapter, Kisara will be ... i'm not gonna say

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Anne14 on December 12, 2006, 1:14:24 PM

Anne14 on
Anne14what happenes next!what happenes next!what happenes next!what happenes next!what happenes next!what happenes next!what happenes next!what happenes next!what happenes next!