Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - 16-Caught in the Act

The Ne-kai have to interact one another in order to keep their secret society. When a human girl and a Ne-kai falls in love, will his kind destroy the girl after she finds out about their society? >_< Anzu/Atem.

Chapter 16 - 16-Caught in the Act

Chapter 16 - 16-Caught in the Act
Banished Love by Neema

Chapter 16-Caught in the Act

"You're really going, Ishizu?" Marik asked as he stood against the wall of his sister's room. Ishizu glanced at him as she put on a golden bangle. "Yes, I am," she quietly replied. "I'll try to reason with Atem and bring him back with me."

"You're a fool," Marik scoffed. "You have to get over that fracking bastard. He despised us and our family."

"And you want to get back at him, right?" smiled Ishizu.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Let's just say Anzu Mazaki was 'caught telling' someone about our kind and you can execute her," Ishizu smiled. Marik then derangedly smiled and chuckled darkly. "Come to think of it, I would like to taste that human girl of his," he said.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Atem stared at the cloudless, sunny sky. Though it was a cold winter day, he was happy being in the park with 6-month-old Akai, who was in her stroller and was snuggled in her rose-colored puffy coat. Atem exhaled deeply as he sat on the bench, seeing his breath disappearing into the air.

"It's hard to get used to this bitter cold weather, Akai," he smiled as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his black puffy coat.(1) "This father of yours was born and raised in the hot country of Egypt." Akai giggled. Atem chuckled, seeing the pink color that appeared on his daughter's cheeks.

"I can see why Anzu named you 'Rosy Cheek'," he joked. But he didn't realized that Ishizu was walking towards him from behind, for the winter air limited his sense of smell.

Suddenly, Ishizu hugged him from behind, surprising Atem. "I missed you greatly, Atem," she whispered. Atem angrily pulled her arms away and stood up. He glared at Ishizu, who was wearing a beige long coat, as she walked around the bench.

"What the hell do you want, Ishizu?" Atem growled lowly.

"Why, you, of course," Ishizu replied, smiling.

"Why can't you get it to your damn head!?" he spat. "I hate you! I don't even want to be with you! I wished I had never see you or your damn family!" Ishizu frowned and said nothing as she gazed at him.

"Just get out of my sight," Atem growled as he turned to Akai, who had a worried look on her face. "Atem, I can't understand why you're with that human girl and intended to let her keep that horrible, half-breed illegitimate child," Ishizu muttered. Atem then turned around and furiously glared at her.

"What did you say!?" he snarled, his fangs lengthened. Ishizu became frightened and took a step back. But Atem grabbed her by her coat collar. "How dare you insult my daughter, you damn dog!"

Atem raised his hand, getting ready to strike scared Ishizu across her face. But suddenly, he came to his senses when he heard Akai's sobbing. He stared at his daughter pitifully as he lowered his hand and let go of Ishizu. "I don't . . . . I don't want to see my daughter fearing me," muttered Atem. "Leave me alone, Ishizu. I am tired of this."

Ishizu hung her head and sadly walked away. "I'm sorry, Atem,"she whimpered. "But still, your human lover has to die.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Later that day . . . .

"Your ex-fiancee wanted you back?" blue-coated Jonouchi questioned as he put his gloves. Anzu, who was wearing a peach-colored coat and was standing next to Atem, felt a little sorry for Ishizu. She can't blame her for being still in love with the outcasted Egyptian. Atem, however, had no sympathy.

"I'm telling you, Jonouchi, she's a lunatic," he replied flatly as they walked down the deserted block; Anzu was pushing Akai's stroller. "Her family is full of psychos. "I would have gone mad as well if I had marry Ishizu."

"Really? I heard crazy women are great in bed," laughed Jonouchi. Disgruntled, Atem hit him in the back of his head. He then glanced at Anzu, who looked worried.

"Is something wrong, Anzu?" asked Atem.

"Oh, nothing, Atem," Anzu replied quietly.

"But somehing is wrong, human!" a sudden voice called out, catching Anzu's, Atem's, and Jonouchi's attention. Malik, Marik, and Bakura stood a few yards away from them. Each of them wearing thick, dark-colored leather coats as well as smirks on their faces.

"What the hell do you want?" Jonouchi growled, his honey-brown eyes glinted with angry red. Atem angrily snarled as he bared his fangs.

"I'm a little surprised you don't remember me, the one who broke your arm," sneered Bakura. Jonouchi was about to lose his temper at the Englishman, but Atem put his arm out to stop him.

"Why are you here?" growled Atem.

"Her," Malik replied, pointing at Anzu. "I saw her talking about our kind on her cell phone."

"What!?" exclaimed Anzu, who was horrified. "What are you talking about!? I didn't do anything!"

"There's no reason for denying of what we know," smirked Bakura. "As promised, The Society ordered her to be executed."

"She hadn't done anything wrong!" Atem snarled. "She wouldn't had done this!"

"You have to stop protecting that human," Marik sneered. "Give up. The dog's unworthy." Atem snarled threatenedly and charged at Marik, but the older Egyptian simply grabbed his shirt collar and easily flipped him over. Atem yelled in pain after landing hard on the concrete ground.

"Your concerns for humans had made you extremely weak, fool," Marik laughed as his heavy army-like boots stomped against Atem's chest. Atem painfully yelled and coughed out blood. Anzu stood in place as she stared tearfully in horror.

"Please stop!" she screamed as Akai cried loudly. "Leave him alone, please!" But Marik paid no attention. Jonouchi became enraged and charged towards Marik, but he was suddenly punched in the nose and fell back.

"You should stay out of this, you bloody weakling," Bakura chuckled as he rubbed his hand from the punch. "You're just as weak as Atem and probably even weaker."

"You shut the hell up, English boy!"(2) Jonouchi snarled as he wiped the blood from his nose. Marik finally stopped stomping and kicking Atem, who struggled to stay conscious.

"By Ra, why do Ishizu wants someone like you?" he muttered before spitting Atem in the face. He then glanced at frightened Anzu and licked his lips seductively. "You should be glad I didn't kill him," purred Marik. "But at least you get to see him alive before you died."

"Don't you dare touch her, you psycho-freak!" Jonouchi growled as he struggled to stand up, but Bakura immediately knee'd him hard in the stomach. Jonouchi fell to the ground as he groaned in pain before vomiting out a mix of stomach acid and blood.

"Jonouchi!" Anzu yelled out, but Marik advanced towards her and firmly muffled her mouth while one of his arm roughly wrapped around her waist. "You will not scream until you're at the execution chamber, my dear," he purred in her ear.

"No, Anzu . . . ." Jonouchi groaned before falling to his side as he passed out. Malik, who had stood silent for a long time, finally walked towards the stroller and picked up crying Akai. Bakura, however, was already dragging unconcious Jonouchi and near-concious Atem into a narrow allyway. Bakura stopped dragging and glanced at smiling Malik, who stood over Atem.

"You must pay the price, Atem," he mused as he crouched down. "Because of you, another human has to die. Oh, and one more thing." Malik leaned closer to his ear. "It was I who told your father that your childhood friend knew about our kind."

N-no, it can't be," Atem gasped painfully before coughing up more blood. "Why?" he gasped before slipping into the darkness.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1. Lots of guys from where I'm from wears black puffy coats during winter.

2. If that sentence sounds racist, pleas tell me so I can change it.

I meant to make Bakura to be an antagonist(bad guy) but I inadvertly made Ishizu to be it. In the next chap., will Atem and Jonouchi save Anzu and Akai before it's too late?(Please, ya'll know what will happen^__^)

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Anne14 on December 12, 2006, 1:40:07 PM

Anne14 on
Anne14gd gd what happens next ^^

wu25 on October 12, 2006, 1:07:25 AM

wu25 on
wu25gd gd what happens next ^^