Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - 18-Giving Up

The Ne-kai have to interact one another in order to keep their secret society. When a human girl and a Ne-kai falls in love, will his kind destroy the girl after she finds out about their society? >_< Anzu/Atem.

Chapter 18 - 18-Giving Up

Chapter 18 - 18-Giving Up
Banished Love by Neema

Chapter 18-Giving Up

"Get back, Anzu," warned Atem. "I don't want you to get hurt." Anzu ran off until she was several yards away. Malik laughed after noticing Atem holding his side as blood oozed from his mouth. "I must say that I'm impressed that you managed to stand, let alone rescuing that human after taking a near-fatal beating from Marik," he sneered. "I may be weaker than my older brother, but I'm still stronger than you."

Atem breathed raspily with every breath. Of all this time, why did the pain came back now? he thought angrily. "Atem, let me deal with these two," said Jonouchi. "You're way too injured to fight and we both know you don't have much time left. Go and save Akai."

"How modest of your friend to sacrifice himself so you can save your half-breed child," chuckled Bakura.

"No, you can't do it, Jonouchi," Atem groaned painfully. "I don't want you dead."

"Of course you don't, because you've already felt guilty about that human brat of your friend," smirked Malik. Atem glared at him and growled lowly. "It was your fault my friend's dead."

"What are you going to do about it, Atem?" sneered Malik. "He's as dead as that human girl and your bastard child."

Atem snapped and charged towards Malik, but he suddenly fell to his knees and vomited out blood. Bakura and Malik laughed loudly and sickly at his pain. "What a fool you are, Atem," laughed Bakura. "We had gave you one chance to live, but you kept rebelling against us. Pretty soon, you will die."

"No, he won't!" Jonouchi yelled out as he charged towards Bakura. Surprisingly, he punched the Englishman right in the mouth. "That's for breaking my arm, you punk!" Jonouchi growled as Bakura stumbled back. Bakura spit out bits of blood before snarling angrily.

"One lucky punch doesn't mean anything, fool," he snarled, flexing his clawed fingers. "You're going to regret what you did." Bakura slashed at Jonouchi, but Jonouchi dodged the attack. He grabbed Bakura's arm and flipped him over. "And that's for kneeing me in the gut!" he snarled after Bakura landed hard on the ground. Jonouchi then crouched down to lift Atem to stand up.

"Are you okay?" Jonouchi asked.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me," Atem strainedly groaned. Malik laughed as he looked at the severely injured Egyptian. "Stop pushing yourself to the limit, Atem," he smirked. "You're not even strong enough to protect your family." Bakura stood up and glared at Jonouchi and Atem.

"Bakura, quickly, kill the girl," Malik ordered quickly. Bakura glanced Anzu, who was standing in fear, and smiled wickedly. "Iwas waiting for you to say that," he sneered as charged at Anzu.

"Stop it now!"

Bakura stopped in his track and turned around as well as Malik. Ishizu stood a couple of feet behind her brother, holding sleeping Akai in her arms. Atem immediately glared at her furiously. "You . . . ." he growled lowly as he bared his fangs.

"Bakura, let her pass," ordered Ishizu. Bakura growled lowly in protest, but had to comply and stepped aside.
Anzu timidly ran towards Atem and Jonouchi. "Atem, are you okay?" she whimpered. Atem nodded.

"Give me back my daughter, Ishizu," he growled threatenedly. "If you dare hurt her, I will kill you and your family."

"I understand that, Atem," Ishizu replied quietly. "And for that, I am sorry for the damage I had caused." She then walked up to Anzu and handed Akai to her. "Atem, here, take this," she said as took out a small silver flask out of her skirt pocket. "It will heal your injuries. Please take it." But Atem snarled at her. "Why should I trust you?"

"Ishizu, what are you doing?" Malik questioned, feeling confused at his sister's behavior.

"Please, take it or you'll die," Ishizu pleaded quietly. Atem growled lowly as he reluctantly took the flask. He opened it and drunk the entire bitter content inside. Almost instantly, his broken ribs healed and his internal bleeding had stopped.

"Did it work, Atem?" asked Jonouchi. Atem tossed the flask away and glared at Ishizu. "Don't think I will thank you for saving my life," he growled angrily. "What you did was unforgivable, Ishizu. You endangered the lives of my lover and daughter and for what!? A fracking childhood crush!?" Ishizu's saddened face barely glanced at Atem.

"I said I was sorry, Atem," she said quietly. "I didn't mean to caused pain--" Atem suddenly backhanded Ishizu hard across her face. Anzu gasped as Ishizu fell back. The Egyptian woman touched her blackened bruise as she tearfully looked up to Atem, who glared at her with no remorse.

"Ishizu!" Malik called out as he rushed to his sister's side. Atem then advanced towards Malik and slammed him against the wall. "If it wasn't for you, Bankhi would still be alive, you bastard!" he roared angrily as he gripped tightly at Malik's neck, cutting off his oxygen. Malik choked as he struggled to push Atem off, but couldn't and his face began to turn blue.

"Atem, let go of him!" Jonouchi yelled as he tried to pull Atem away from Malik. "He's not worth it! Killing him won't bring your friend back!" Atem glanced at Jonouchi and finally let go of Malik, who dropped to the ground as he gasped for air. Bakura stared at Atem with fear in his eyes and transformed into a puffy white cat as he ran off. Atem glared at Malik and Ishizu as he growled. Anger completely filled his bright red eyes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I almost done. Please review as soon as possible. The next chapter is the last.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Anne14 on December 12, 2006, 1:55:41 PM

Anne14 on
Anne14gd gd what happens next ^^