Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - A lovely day out

Its Mokuba Kaiba's birthday. And he's inviting Yugi, Yami, Anzu, Joey, Ryou, Bakura, Marik, and of course, his big brother Seto to a 1 week party! Weird randomness, strange events, and Balamory...

Chapter 3 - A lovely day out

Chapter 3 - A lovely day out
Note: I think I solved that problem with the 'r's in the last chapter... XP anyways, on with the story^^

It was Anzu who woke first. She was glad to see it was daylight, so if there were werewolves, they would have gone by now. She relaxed in the peace and quiet, listening to the gentle breathing of all her friends (OK, Seto, Mokuba, Marik and Bakura were not really her friends, and it wasn't really peace and quiet with Joey snoring, but hey) BRRRRIINNNGGGGGGGG!
Everyone woke with a start.
"Arggghhhh!" Marik yelled and started smashing up the alarm clock.
"Huh?" Joey stopped snoring and woke up. His hair had exploded all over his face. Marik started laughing until he realised his own hair was still pink from last night's makeover, and he stopped abruptly.
"Wassa matter?" Joey mumbled.
Suddenly Mokuba's head appeared over the pile of half asleep bodies.
"Guess what? We're going down to the river today for a picnic!" he shouted brightly, waking up all of those who weren't already awake.
"Can't we have another hour?" Joey mumbled. "It's half seven."
"No, we have to get up now!" Mokuba yelled, pulling all the sleeping bags into the air (they were under the sleeping bags by the way, not in them)
"JUST HALF AN HOUR! JEEZE!" yelled Joey. Mokuba's eyes went watery surprisingly quickly and he turned to his big brother.

Five minutes later everybody piled into Seto's car, Seto driving for a change, the triumphant Mokuba and Seto in the front, Yugi, Yami and Anzu in the middle row, Marik, Bakura and Ryou (who didn't look to pleased with the seating arrangements) in the back row, and Joey in the boot, who looked even less pleased.
The journey was about an hour, during which time they decided to play the old family car game of "I spy". Mokuba was first.
"I spy with my little eye, something beginning with M.B.B.S"
"I wouldn't happen to be My Big Brother Seto would it?" asked Marik sarcastically.
"How did you guess so quickly?" said Mokuba. "Okay your turn then."
"I am NOT playing." Said Marik grumpily.

Finally they reached their destination and got out of the car. They stopped by the riverside. There was no one else there, so they had the whole place to themselves. Yugi noticed a sign reading "Area reserved for Seto Kaiba- trespassers will be prosecuted."
Atleast that explained why it was so quiet.
"What d'we do first?" Bakura asked, his hands in his jean pockets.
"Eat?" suggested Joey, but no one paid attention to him, it was only 8:45.
"Why don't we just er... settle down?" said Anzu, and everyone sat down on the grass.
Marik and Bakura approached Mokuba, who was standing by the water's edge.
"Hey Mokuba, want me and Marik to swing you?" said Bakura, smiling rather unnaturally at Mokuba. "We won't let go, I promise"
"Yeh, honesty!" Marik beamed at Mokuba, bubblegum pink hair falling into his face.
"It'll be really fun!"
So Mokuba took hold of both hands (one tanned and one pale.) Slowly Marik and Bakura pulled Mokuba back and then swung him forward; making sure his feet didn't touch the ground.
"3-2-1..." Bakura yelled.
"What? What are you doing? Waaaaaaa!" Mokuba was thrown into the air as Bakura and
Marik released him. He flew about 7 metres and into the stream.
"Big brother!!!" Mokuba screamed as Bakura and Marik fell about laughing. Mokuba slowly went under as he shouted, "I can't swim!"
"Don't worry Mokuba, I'm coming!" Seto pulled off his jacket and shoes and jumped into the water after his drowning little brother.

A while later they, to Joey's delight, ate the picnic lunch. Yugi started passing around the sandwiches. Anzu was last.
"What type of sandwich do you want, Anzu?" said Yugi.
"Oh, cheese please." Said Anzu, beaming at him.
Yugi reached into the basket to pull out the cheese sandwich.
"Ah- Ah- Ah- Choo!" Yugi sneezed into his hand. "Oops..." he said, looking at his lovely snot-covered hand. He hoped Anzu hadn't seen him, she was giving him a rather confused look. He quickly wiped his hand on the ground behind him. Unfortunately, when he looked at his hand to see if it was any better, he discovered he had wiped his it on some wet mud, and his hand was now brown and sticky, and looked a whole lot worse.
"Something wrong, Yugi?" Anzu asked, who obviously hadn't seen the state of his hand.
"Er... no, nothing's wrong, Anzu." Yugi prayed she wouldn't notice the brown sludge that was going all over the sandwich (beats me why he didn't just pick it up with his other hand) and passed it to her. Unfortunately she did notice, a brown blob fell from his outstretched hand onto her lap.
'Er... maybe I won't have a sandwich after all Yugi..."she said quickly, before more sludge fell on her. "I don't feel so well actually."
"Aw, what's wrong Anzu?" Yugi totally forgot about his hand and patted Anzu sympathetically on her arm, leaving a brown handprint on her immaculate white top.
"Ahhhhhhhh!" Anzu screeched and picked up a pile of the mud: she had lost it completely. "KEEP AWAY FROM ME!" she bellowed and chucked the mud at Yugi. Unfortunately, she was not too great at throwing; only half of it hit him in the face, the other half hit Mokuba on the back of the head.
"I'LL TEACH YOU TO HIT MY LITTLE BROTHER!" Seto started throwing mud at Anzu.
"MUDFIGHT!" yelled Joey and started throwing mud everywhere. Some hit Ryou in the face.
"Hey, don't throw mud at my hikari!" Bakura threw a faceful of mud at Joey, as Ryou cowered behind him.
"Oooh, look who's protective..." giggled Marik, only to receive a faceful himself.
This soon turned into a full on war, no one was safe. In the end, Mokuba turned out the cleanest, but only because Joey had shoved him in the river.
"Let's... go... home" Seto growled and they all piled in the car.
Finally after they had got back and all had a much-needed shower, they decided to watch some films in Seto's home cinema with their sleeping bags.
"Let's watch this," said Marik, producing a DVD from his bag. "I brought it over from my house"
"It's not too scary, is it?" Anzu asked.
"No, not at all" Marik said, and put it into the DVD player.
It was by far the scariest film any of them had ever seen. Mokuba looked at the cover and screamed, refused to watch it, and hid under the covers. Yugi and Anzu ended up clinging to Yami even though they both had cushions over their faces and could only see about a tenth of the screen. Ryou was peeking over the top of the covers and even Joey and Seto found themselves clinging to each other. However Bakura and Marik laughed their way through the whole film.
"Wow, that was great... do you think we could watch it again?" Bakura asked Marik at the end.
"NOOOO!" everyone else yelled from under the covers.
"Are we going to bed then?" said Marik; "it's only 10:30."
"I am NOT going to sleep straight after that." Anzu said, and Yugi nodded in agreement. "It was way too scary, I'll have nightmares."
"Is there something totally unscary we can watch?" asked Yugi "Kids programs?"
Seto switched the to the kid's channel.
"And next... It's Balamory," said the cheesy kid's presenter.
"Let's watch this then, this doesn't look scary," said Seto, as the program started.
Note: in case you don't know, Balamory is a little kids program. Basically, its set on a Scottish island called Balamory, and is centered on the local nursery, run by Miss Hoolie. There are several main characters, each live in a different coloured house and have a different job. It is actually really funny if you like that sort of thing. Eh-heh heh.
"Now what's the story in Balamory today?" said Miss Hoolie, just before the children came into the nursery. Miss Hoolie then started singing her song.
"Everybody, everyone, come inside and join the fun! Painting, sticking..."
"Oh My God" said Marik, as Joey started laughing. "Change channels!"
A little while later:
"Now who's good at inventing things?" said P.C Plum.
"I know!" said Miss Hoolie, her face way to close too the camera, "Archie!"
Some awful music started up and a weird guy wearing a pink sweater, a kilt, boots, long socks and a black beret with a pink bobble on it came onto the screen and started dancing.
"I'm Archie, the inventor
I know how things are done
I can make absolutely anything
Inventing things is fun

I'm always
On the lookout for things that I might use
Collecting odds and ends
From all of my friends
To make a little thing for you

Take a box
And some yoghurt pot tops
Hey! It's a car!
Inventing with Archie is never a bore
C'mon and let's make some more..."

They never got to make any more with Archie because at that moment Marik screamed.
"Turn it off!!!!!" Marik screamed like a girl as Bakura cowered under the covers. "I'm gonna have nightmares now!" he burst into tears.
After they had comforted Marik, Seto announced they were going to bed. They all got changed into their PJs.
Yami had some Dark magician ones that Yugi had bought for him. Yugi had some rather fetching teddy bear PJs. Anzu had a "Forever friends" nightie. Joey had stupidly brought a pair with dogs on them. Seto had a shirt and trousers with 'business boy' embroided on. (Don't ask me why). Marik had one of those Egyptian skirt things I don't know the name of and Bakura some black PJs with 'All will die' written on it. Mokuba and Ryou were boring, with plain pyjamas.
Most of them fell asleep almost instantly, the movie forgotten. But it would take a while for Bakura and Marik to forget that Archie song in Balamory.

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Koga_InuYasha_miroku_lover101 on September 10, 2005, 3:05:47 AM

Koga_InuYasha_miroku_lover101 on
Koga_InuYasha_miroku_lover101Scare marik not bakura he's hot you shouldn't scare him

Desuca on July 12, 2005, 4:46:10 AM

Desuca on
Desuca*Rips of bakura's P.J's*hee hee this should sell for a pretty penny.*looks at bakura,glomps bakura naked*Yaaayyyaaayyaaayyyaa!

Atems_Little_Girl on June 19, 2005, 7:20:40 PM

Atems_Little_Girl on
Atems_Little_GirlHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA poor Marik and Bakura when they saw the creepy kid show.

Nemya on June 19, 2005, 7:45:52 AM

Nemya on
Nemya*glomps* Thankies for comments!^^

It is "good" Marik.

shadowdude on June 19, 2005, 6:22:53 AM

shadowdude on
shadowdudeBy the wat, is that the evil or good merik?

DemonTheifQueen on May 8, 2005, 4:32:49 AM

DemonTheifQueen on
DemonTheifQueenI wanna pair of Bakura's Pj's! ^-^ This story is too funny! I'm still laughing!

angel_of_beauty_and_light on April 30, 2005, 2:50:18 AM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightBy far the funniest chapter. Laughed throughout! *Laughs head off as remembers* So funny. Will add to favourites so can always go and look at how funny it is. btw, it was very good of you to somehow work a mud fight AND balamory into the same chapter *shakes your hand because of brilliance and genius of mels brain, thinks for a bit, then shakes Marik's hand as well* and of course, Marik help. Anyway, next chapter.....