Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Yugi confronts his fear of swimming

Its Mokuba Kaiba's birthday. And he's inviting Yugi, Yami, Anzu, Joey, Ryou, Bakura, Marik, and of course, his big brother Seto to a 1 week party! Weird randomness, strange events, and Balamory...

Chapter 5 - Yugi confronts his fear of swimming

Chapter 5 - Yugi confronts his fear of swimming
Everyone went down to the bank, and Mokuba handed out the 4 rubber rings to Joey, Seto, Bakura and Yami.
"Er, what exactly do we do with these?" said Bakura, holding his rubber ring between his forefinger and thumb. Marik snatched one off Yami and inspected it.
"You have to blow them up," sighed Seto. He was getting annoyed; he hadn't done any work for 3 DAYS. This had got to be a world record. Mokuba showed them all how to blow the rings up and soon they were ready to go.
"Er... Yami..." Yugi whispered. "Can I er... talk to you for a minute?"
"Alright then, Yugi." Yami was annoyed that Marik had taken his rubber ring. "What is it?"
"Well... er..." Yugi felt uncomfortable. "I can't swim."
"WHAT! YOU CAN'T SWIM?!" Yami said out loud.
"Shh... quiet Yami..." Yugi pleaded. "I don't want everyone to know."
"Well, just not go then." Yami said. "Anyway, there's only 4 rubber rings for 9 people, so you could just sit on the side." Suddenly as they were preparing to go down the rapids, Yami saw Anzu approaching.
"Hey Yami, I'll go down the rapids with you..." She said.
'Ur... you cant... cos er..." Yami tried to think of an excuse, Anzu had been pestering him for the whole of Mokuba's party. "Cos I'm going with Yugi!" Yami pulled Yugi to his side. Anzu immediately looked heartbroken.
"Don't worry Anzu," said Yugi, pulling away from Yami, "I'm not going to go down the rapids. You can go with Yami"
'Great!" said Anzu, grabbing hold of the pharaoh while Yugi made his escape to the shallow end. Mokuba joined him.
"Hey Yugi!" Mokuba said. "What are you doing? Aren't you coming down the rapids with us?'
"Erm.... I er... don't feel very well." Said Yugi, which was true, he was starting to get a headache. "I thought you couldn't swim Mokuba?"
"I can't, but I'm going with Seto." Mokuba said. "Bye Yugi!" and he skipped happily to where the others were preparing to go down the rapids. Yugi could see Yami trying to get away from Anzu. He splashed around, sitting on the edge and waving his feet around in the cool, shallow water around him. Maybe this wasn't so bad.... He listened in to the others' conversation and watched as they paired up.
"I wanna go with my big brother!" he didn't have to think to guess who that was.
"Come back Yami!" That was probably Anzu.
As they were sorting who was going with who Marik grabbed a rubber ring. "I'm not sharing, I'm going by myself." He announced.
"Well, I'm going with Yami" Anzu said quickly, in case anyone else wanted to go with him (I doubt it).
Seto sighed. "Look." He said impatiently. "Anzu goes with Yami. Marik can go on his own. And Bakura can go with Ryou."
Bakura started protesting but stopped when he saw Seto's evil glare (scary stuff). However Joey pointed out something.
"Hang on, that means it's me, Kaiba and Mokuba all on one float." He screwed up his face, trying to do the math. "Shouldn't someone go with Marik?" there was no reply.
"If you think I'm going with you, Wheeler, you've got another thing coming." Seto said.
"I wanna go with SETO!" Mokuba screamed.
"Don't think I wanna go with you Kaiba." Joey clenched his hand into a fist.
"Well, at least we're happy," Anzu beamed at Yami, who scowled.
"BIG BROTHER!"
" I don't even need a rubber ring." Joey said. "I can go down on my own." He turned his back to Seto and slipped over a rock.

Soon everyone except Yugi was in the water and ready to go.
"Ooh, it's sooo cold!" Anzu squealed as the water lapped around her waist. She clung to Yami and knocked him underwater.
"Erm... How exactly do two people fit in?" Ryou asked, inspecting the rubber ring by his and Bakura's side.
Seto sighed.
"The smaller person has to sit on the other persons lap." Said Mokuba.
"WHAT!" yelled Bakura. Yami groaned.
Eventually they were ready to go down the rapids. Anzu sat comfortably in Yami's lap, who looked fed up. Ryou perched on an evil looking Bakura's knees. (That is Bakura looked evil, not the knees) Joey swam about in the water, while Marik comfortably lounged in his rubber ring.
"Let's go!" yelled Mokuba, but they didn't really have much choice as the current started pulling them downstream. They approached the first rapids. It was quite small, and not too steep. Yugi ran along the bank to watch them. Joey looked at the bumpy rocks and started having second thoughts about going down without a rubber ring, but he was dragged down.
"Yow! Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!" Joey yelled as his legs got all tangled up in the rocks. Seto started laughing at him until he started banging into the rocks as well. Finally they got to the end, covered in bruises.
"Okay, we're meant to get off he- waaa!" yelled Mokuba. They tried to pull themselves to the bank but the current was too strong and they got pulled further downstream.
"HELP!" Mokuba screamed. "Yuuuuuugggggiiiiiii!"
Yugi really didn't want to say he couldn't swim. "Er... I'll er... Run ahead to tell you if something's coming." Yugi ran ahead while the others drifted after him. He found they were heading towards some ginormous rapids, as big as a small waterfall.
Everyone had seen this and had started panicking. Anzu was clinging hard to Yami. Yami was suffocating. Mokuba was screaming. Seto was trying to be calm but was clinging to Mokuba. Joey was trying to swim backwards. Ryou was waving his hands in the air. Bakura was trying to shove Ryou off. Marik was clinging to himself. But that didn't help them at all. They went right down the rapids. Everyone started screaming. Then there was a big clump, presumably they had all fallen on some land. Yugi ran round the corner.

The rubber rings were drifting off into the distance. Everyone had fallen onto a ledge, and were all piled on top of Mokuba. At the top was Seto, who was grumbling because he had fallen on "Wheeler". As they tried to get untangled the ledge broke, and they all fell into the water below. Seto immediately pulled himself out, growling, and shoved Yugi into the water.
"WAAAAAAAA!" Yugi's scream was ear splitting as he fell into about 4 inches of water. "Help meeeeee!" Yugi couldn't help bursting into tears.
"Get a life," said Bakura, shoving Yugi's head underwater. Somehow all of Yugi's hair managed to get submerged and when he finally came up for air; his hair had sort of... deflated. He started crying harder although no one could see, his entire face was covered by hair.
Joey was a little kinder. "Wanna come in the deeper end with me?" he pointed to what looked like, to Yugi, a vast ocean. "I'll hold you up if you start drowning..."
'No thanks, Joey" Yugi sighed but he didn't really have much choice as Anzu came over, and dragged him right over to the deep end. Obviously she hadn't heard of Yugi's fear of swimming. Yugi's feet could only just touch the bottom and, to make matters worse, Mokuba came over and splashed him.
Yami, noticing Yugi getting distressed, swam over and grabbed Mokuba by the shoulders. Mokuba spun round to come face to face with a very angry pharaoh.
"Just WHAT did you think you were doing to my hikari?" Yami glared and Mokuba shrank away. Yugi didn't notice, he was currently trying not to drown and keep the over excited Anzu away. Mokuba didn't answer and Yami shook him hard. "ANSWER ME!" he yelled, only to be punched in the stomach by Seto.
Anzu gasped and turned around, only to be dragged underwater by a drowning Yugi.
Joey decided this was the time to leave, and crept over to the picnic basket, while Ryou attempted to save Yugi and Anzu, only to be dragged under himself. Seto stopped punching Yami to pull Yugi, Anzu and Ryou out of the water. Yugi immediately pulled himself away and waded to the shallower end.
"Hey, where's Bakura and Marik?" Ryou said. But their attention was diverted as suddenly Yugi screamed as he disappeared under water. Anzu started panicking and ran to where Yugi was but he wasn't there anymore.
"He's not here!" Anzu started crying. "What if he drowns or something happens to him...." They started looking for Yugi, but they couldn't find him, or Marik and Bakura. Suddenly they heard a cry. It seemed to be coming from the rocky cliff on one side of the river.
"Help meeeeeeeee........" The cry was weak, and sounded like Yugi.
"Where are you Yugi?" Anzu called desperately. There was no reply. "Yugi?" she called again.
'Anzu?" The voice was defiantly coming from inside of the cliff's walls. "Help me! I'm drowning!"
"Yugi!" Anzu started banging against the wall. "Where are you?"
"I don't know!" cried Yugi; he was really panicking now. "Someone grabbed my legs and dragged me under water into this cave-thingy and now I'm stuck!"
'I wonder who." Ryou said. Suddenly a rock fell down from the cliff and landed on Mokuba's head.
"Ow, what was that big brother?" said Mokuba, and everyone turned from looking at the wall to looking up at the top of the cliff. There were a few trees and bushes on a slope. Hidden behind these bushes everyone could make out Bakura and Marik.
Seto picked up the rock that was sinking into the water and chucked it back at Bakura and Marik. Unfortunately it missed them, hitting the wall about 3 metres under where they were hidden. It bounced off and hit Mokuba on the head again.
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" screamed Mokuba. Seto shook his fist and tried to comfort Mokuba.
"You'll pay for putting Yugi in there!" Yami yelled up at Bakura and Marik, only to be hit on the head by another stone. Yugi started crying.
"Look Yugi, get out of there the way you came in!" Yelled Seto.
"I cant, there's WATER there!" Yugi cried. "I'll have to swim right through it to get out! And I'll be totally submerged!" Anzu started crying and clawing at the walls. Seto was getting really fed up. Mokuba wouldn't stop crying.
"Look, I'll get you out Yugi." Seto growled, and dived underwater. He must have gone through the tunnel that lead to the cave which Yugi was in, because after a while he came back, dragging Yugi with him, who was crying. Seto immediately let go of Yugi, who grabbed onto Yami.
"Thank you... So much Seto..." Yugi smiled through his tears. Anzu swam to Yugi and hugged him. Yugi looked pleased. Yami backed away.

Later, they returned to the car, they were all tired of swimming (especially Yugi). They found Joey sitting by the picnic basket, eating.
"You ate ALL our food!" Seto yelled once he had found out what Joey had done.
"Er... no... there's still this left." Mumbled Joey, holding out a half eaten chocolate bar, covered with his drool. "I didn't like it very much." Seto shuddered and backed away.
"I'll have it." Mokuba said, and took the bar off of Joey. He reached to his mouth, about to take a bite.
"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" Seto jumped forward and grabbed the chocolate bar off Mokuba. He put it in a plastic bag and then into a jar, which he chucked as far as he could into the river. Then he got out disinfectant and started spraying his and Mokuba's hands.
"Er...." Said Ryou. Everyone looked dumbfounded.
"Don't want to catch germs." Said Seto. He looked at his (waterproof) watch. "It's 5:45." He said. "Seeing as WHEELER ate all the food, we better be going home. We can get changed when we get there. Pass me the car keys, Mokuba."
"Er..." Mokuba checked his pockets. "I can't find them, Seto. They were definitely here before, they must have-."
"WHAT!" Yelled Seto. "You mean you LOST our car keys!"
"Er... maybe..." Mokuba said quietly.
"What's the problem?" Marik and Bakura turned up. Despite being soaked, Marik's hair was still pink, and showed no signs of ever returning to its natural colour.
"Mokuba's lost the car keys" Anzu explained while Yami glared at them, Seto seemed incapable of speech.
"Why don't you just pick the lock?" Bakura produced a bit of wire from somewhere and started fiddling around in the lock. "Oops." He said after a while.
"OOPS?!" Seto growled.
"Erm... the wire broke off in the lock." Bakura said. He started kicking the car.
"DON'T KICK MY CAR!" Seto yelled. "You wont believe how much that cost! More then all of you put together have probably earned in your lifetime!"
"How much?" Joey asked. Seto didn't reply.
"We can call for help..." Mokuba got out his mobile. "Er..." It fell to pieces in his hands, he had taken it in the water.
"Grrrr...." Seto was getting VERY angry.
"Atleast we still have our clothes..." said Anzu.
"Where are we meant to change?" said Ryou.
"Behind the car?" Yugi suggested.
Everyone got changed. they would have to figure out what to do later. Stuck out on the moor, no food and miles away from anyone.

Comments

Comments (8)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Nemya on June 19, 2005, 7:47:47 AM

Nemya on
Nemya*glomps* Thatnks again for comments^^

Anzu is Tea.
I think Bakura is the surname- I just call them Bakura and Ryou to save typing. XP

shadowdude on June 19, 2005, 7:00:25 AM

shadowdude on
shadowdudeWho's anzu???????????????????????????????????? Oh and bye the way. Bakura and the spirit of the ring(who you call bakura)have the same names. Ryou's the surname.

DemonTheifQueen on May 10, 2005, 5:19:04 AM

DemonTheifQueen on
DemonTheifQueenI love this story sooooo much! Please write more!

Me:Hey Yami!

Yami:What?

Me: Wanna go down the rapids again?

Yami:NO!

Me:What if I go with you?

Yami:Well....*thinks* ok...lets go!

Me:YAY!^-^

lovablefairy on May 9, 2005, 7:05:05 AM

lovablefairy on
lovablefairy*glomps marik*

lovablefairy on May 9, 2005, 7:04:30 AM

lovablefairy on
lovablefairyi havent red it but i'll comment anyway

angel_of_beauty_and_light on April 30, 2005, 3:12:21 AM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightWARNING: A caution to anybody who reads this story, DO NOT READ WHILST EATING/DRINKING. THERE IS A SEVERE RISK OF CHOKING ON THE FOOD/DRINK, DUE TO THE FUNNINESS OF THE STORY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

angel_of_beauty_and_light on April 30, 2005, 3:10:22 AM

angel_of_beauty_and_light on
angel_of_beauty_and_lightWOW!!!!!!!!! HILARIOUS!!!! WRITE MORE STORY NOW! (now see how you like it Mel!) HA!
SOOOOOOO FUNNY! I WANNA READ MORE STORY!!!!!!! WAA!
Ha! Mokuba got hit on the head by a rock! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA gack! *chocks from laughing*.