Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Yesterday's Memories

These poems were made by me, they're not very good. But it's usually how I can express myself, enjoy if you want.

Chapter 7 - Yesterday's Memories

Chapter 7 - Yesterday's Memories
I was never good with titles, I wouldn't be surprised if I changed it later.

~

The cost to pay, was the loss of you. Was it never meant to be? May I be free?

You still have that grip on me, why? The single trip I made, I fell.. Who can really tell if I had?

I'm still calling, to you? Or to myself? I stopped falling, I stood upon my timid legs. But all I did was stand. I'm too weak, I can't walk.

Is it you I seek? Or a peek at my true self? My light; faint inside, unable to see.

With glee I saw you. I thought I could envision a future, so bright, done away with fright. Were you that person?

I imagined loveliness, from you to me, from me to you. Was it you that left me in loneliness? Or my own self?

Hurt and broken promises. Complete opposites, only this time, ran away from each other. Was it something I did? Or both of us?

Hand within hand, warmth flowed, we gave in. Touch and brush, kiss and we miss. Soft, dear, nothing else to hear.

Without this, it was difficult to cope. Hope, I had, with you. Comfort, passing through lips and ear.

Tears developed from nothing but fear. Guide me out, out and away. Sway me into your arms, safe from harm.

Charm, the soft laughs and smiles, only for a little while. Felt like a child, wild and cheerful. With lace, embraced, we were.

Dreams, to me, seem to tell a story. A tale of emotions, maybe a notion. Sealed together, appearing unreal.

You say hello, I say goodbye. I say sorry, you forgive. I felt this was forbidden, even if you say smitten.

The moon, glowing, soon anew. I pray, as I became fray. To this day, I'll stay.

Shaking with anxiety, perhaps faking. A smile, never proven, maybe insincere.

Rhymes and time, passing, as it was the only thing I could catch. Sight of trouble, only double my worries. Feeling uncaring, because of absence.

If I were there, could I even bare it? Could I stare, with a pair, with no frown? Would I bring you down?

You held not only my hand, but a fragment of myself. Ecstasy, even felt like undeniable destiny.

The rain pours, a heart dying, while I'm crying. Fought for what I sought, even so, misery still brought.

Hearts, cold and apart. Never thought we'd stray so far and part. What you concealed, revealed how you felt.

Reflected I was, now neglected. I took a chance, it was not me to mend your grief. I won't be a thief of your attention, not my intentions.

The chill you sent, and now I'm bent. For all the time spent, who went away? Before sleep, deep within, the secrets I kept, and then wept. Could I accept the regret?

Am I just wasting my time with an illusion? Is this why I'm still left in confusion?

Driven insane, the piece of mind given. Believed it would last, but taken so fast. Never, were we binded. Just blinded in denial, for a while.

And so desperate to find truth, now separate from you. For I've not given up, I want to live, and give. As long as it strains me, I won't be able to.

An endless river of fate, I'll follow through the gates as I run, hoping to be done with what's behind. And so I know, I can't rewind them.

I won't look back at sorrow, but I'll borrow from what once made me smile. I've witnessed this, both bad and good it was for me, sharing only the care for those that want it. Never dare, for someone who won't.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment