Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - My Opinions: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

It's more than a month now. Do I still think it's the best game? Review inside!

Chapter 1 - My Opinions: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Chapter 1 - My Opinions: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Well I guess I won't go into too much about how great this game is. Every Wii owner should get this game regardless of what kind of games you like. So to kick off this Brawl madness I had a party when I got the game, which this game is largely made for. We had a blast! It was the funnest 4 hours of my life! We were laughing every 5 seconds! I can't to you how addicting this game is. I'm playing online and single player mainly right now. Gameplay- Basicially the same as Melees. Most characters have there moves back. Some moves form a few characters are either replaced or switched around for different buttons, like Mario's down B is now the F.L.U.U.D. gun, which I thought was kind of useless but it's cool I guess. And his Melee down B is used with down A while falling. The final smash attacks I think are a great addition to this game, and each of the smashes are pretty cool. All characters have there regular smash attacks. Some characters have extra smajh attacks besides using tap A. The Gamecube controller is obviously the way to go, every other contoller excluding the Classic sucks, especially the Wiimote+Numchuck mode. Also I would like to complain that some characters a bit too slow. Most charaters are at least slightly slower than Melee. Online- Glad Nintendo didn't screw this up. Glad that sever problem was fixed. Most fights do run smoothly, but do have a couple lags. Some can be really slow so I have to quit. Searching on With Anyone mode takes usually 2-5min. Every time I find people. I have not tried any matches with friends yet, I plan to soon (my friend code is on my profile ). Speculator mode seems neat since you can win money by betting as much $ as you want. But what annoys me the most is that you can't use your text messages on With Anyone mode. Graphics- Best on the Wii so far. But Mario Galaxy is pretty close. Lots of new and cool effects and stuff. When I first saw the Poke'mon and Assist trophies on Brawl's website, I thought they looked N64-ish. But when I played the game, they actually weren't too bad. Characters- pretty pleased with the final rouster. Lots of new cool characters like Sonic, Snake, Ike, and Meta Knight. But it was way too small. They should have added more new characters or bring back the Melee characters that were booted off Brawl. Adventure Mode- finally a story mode has been added to Brawl. It's actually really fun and challenging. The cutscenes are great. The story plot I thought wasn't too original and some parts just seemed random. But overall Nintendo did a great job with this and I hope for a sequel the next Smash Bros. Collectables- Wow, this game probably has more stuff to collect than any other game in history. There's trophies, stickers, and CDs. Also you can customize your trophie and sticker galleries. Music- there must be hundreads of tracks to listen to. Most music arrangements are pretty good, best of any game I've played. The menu theme is great! Stage Creator- This I was looking forward the most for this game. When I first saw the amount of objects I was like "Are you kidding me?!?" There a pretty low amount. But oh well, it is a stage creator and you can make some pretty cool and wacky stages. Plus you can send these to your friends. Other stuff- pretty much all the features from Melee are back. There's also much more to do with the new features like virtual console demos, watch and make movies, organize your trophie and sticker galleries, and much more. SCORES-Gameplay-9.4Graphics-9.5 Online-9.6 Collectables-10 Characters-9.0 Stage Creator-9.8 Replay value-8.5 Party factor-10 Single player-10 Features-10 FINAL-9.6 Conclusion- this pretty much is really all I have to say. Brawl is almost perfect, but there are a few minor problems. It may not be the highest reviewed game for the Wii, but still the best I think, yes better than Galaxy. This game will probably will last you for years and will take at least 30 hours to unlock everything. My original final score was 9.8, but I've just seem to have got bored of it a little. It was just so quick to unlock the main things, it made the replay value go low, and it didn't feel as rewarding. There should have been more characters, that's the biggest problem. But it's not going to make me trade this in of coarse that would retarded! This game is still pretty fun when I ever play it, espicially with friends! I'll be waiting to fight you online *evil laugh* ( FC on my profile ) Thanks for reading!!!

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RandomGuy on February 27, 2008, 9:12:23 AM

RandomGuy on
RandomGuyI recently looked back on SSBB and i liked how the game play was quite familiar but smoothed out. I'm also glad advanced techniques like wave dashing, edging, and shuffles are still here. One of the main reasons every next gen system has an online system is so they can patch out updates for thier games. I wouldn't be surprised if after a month after launch that nintendo allowed you to download new characters from the internet and new stages. It's almost limitless so im not mad that thier are 35 chrs because they can bring in new ones anytime. Can't wait to play it

Nintendude07 on February 27, 2008, 11:15:49 AM

Nintendude07 on
Nintendude07Sorry to say, but it was comfirmed that DLC will not be included. Only those daily stages of the day thing will be downloadable.

RandomGuy on February 28, 2008, 9:11:16 AM

RandomGuy on
RandomGuywow that kinda suxs....i hope the game is even better then because i was hoping for new things in the future but i guess nintendo still needs some work on its Wi-fi to make it like XBOX live is. Anyway if u do play i'd like to play against u when i can get it. It's always good to have competition lol xD

Tidus4578 on July 31, 2007, 12:42:01 PM

Tidus4578 on
Comment Deleted

bijoukaiba on July 21, 2007, 3:28:56 AM

bijoukaiba on
Comment Deleted

Nintendude07 on July 22, 2007, 12:07:38 AM

Nintendude07 on
Comment Deleted

bijoukaiba on July 22, 2007, 6:46:59 AM

bijoukaiba on
bijoukaibaOh, okay! I was worried you'd get mad at my constructive criticism.

What would you think about Captain Olimar, from Pikmin? He's currently my #1 pick.

Nintendude07 on July 23, 2007, 11:01:46 AM

Nintendude07 on
Nintendude07Yeah he may be good. I'll put him in my list.