Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Cookie Monsters?

I had my friends come up with either a 1st setence, or a jumble. Numbers which I used a sheet from creative writing class to created a story.
Shared as written. Enjoy.

Chapter 0 - Cookie Monsters?

Chapter 0 - Cookie Monsters?
My friend Billie gave me a setence to start the story. Took me over a month to come up with any sort of idea for it, but here it is. Enjoy. :3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
=15pxHe thought he was alone until he heard the footsteps getting closer. He began to tense up as they got louder as the approached. Daddy was home, and the rhythm of his steps didn't sound so happy. They stopped as he looked at the base of the door. There were daddys shoes. The scratching of his beard was heard outside the door. He sat quietly holding the jar he wasn’t suppose to have. His feet proceeded to move on as Jake sat quietly in the closet. Few minutes passed of silence so he slowly opened the door, peering around. No one was around. Time to return the jar.
=15pxHe darted for the kitchen, as fast as he could. Stopping only to peer over the opening to see if mommy was home. She wasn’t and the kitchen was empty. Tip toeing towards the empty spot on where the jar was once placed, Jake stole one last cookie before placing it back. Turning around to leave, a large figure stood in his way. Looking up, his eyes meet daddys.
=15px“Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? Along with the jar?” He only gave a small smile from his beard as jake tried swallowing his last cookie.
=15px“Not sure daddy. I found the jar in the closet, and felt the need to reward myself with one cookie.” He stood in front of his dad, matching his pose and acting proud. His dad chuckled and patted his head.
=15px“Your mom better not find out.” He said as he walked to the jar to see how many were missing. Jake looked at his father counting the remaining cookies. His count did not reach very high.
=15px“I can blame sissy. Say she came over and took a couple.” His dad laughed and put the lid back on the jar. He kneeled down, eye level with his son and placed a finger on his lips.
=15px“It’s a secret between you and me. Now hurry! Go wash up. You look like the cookie monster.” Jake giggled and ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs. Just in time too because the door opened and closed signaling mommy was home.
=15px“What’s he so happy about?” She asked her husband as she entered the kitchen, placing bags on the table. He stood up and shrugged walking over to his wife and kissing her on the cheek.
=15px“I gave him a cookie and told him to keep it a secret.” His wife stood and looked at him bewildered. She walked over to the jar and opened it.
=15px“How’d they get there?” Confused the husband walked over and acted as surprised as her.
=15px“What? They’re cookies. Cookies in a cookie jar.” He only laughed as his wife still looked bewildered.
=15px“The jar was empty when I left for work.” Now the husband looked bewildered. His wife walked over to the table and pulled out a bag of store bought cookies.
=15px“Wait, so we have two cookie monsters?” The husband asked. His wife stood silent, back towards him. He raised an eyebrow and softly laughed walking to her and rubbing her shoulders.
=15px“I was hungry. It was easy to get to. I bought more for Jake for after dinner.” She turned to him and then looked at the jar.
=15px“It’s magic!” They both turned to see Jake in the walk way with a cookie in his hand. He had heard the whole thing. The father laughed as he took a seat. Jake ran to him and sat in his lap, finishing his cookie. His mother looked at him, the jar, the cookie in his hand, and back at him.
=15px“How, how did you get that?” Jake only smiles through his bites as his dad laughed.
=15px“Were you behind this too, Steve?” Now she was upset. The father stopped laughing and looked at her.
=15px“No, I didn’t know you ate all the cookies. I only came home to see the jar missing and found Jake eating one and returning it. I swear Jane, I wasn’t in on this.” He rose his hands to defend his self. She only stood tapping her foot.
=15px“My friend from school gave me 10 cookies. I went to put them in the cookie jar when I found out it was empty. So I took the jar with me and hid. I ate 7 cookies.” Jake was so proud of his little trick. His mother sighed and only laughed softly.
=15px“You got me. I’m the cookie monster.” Father and son shared a laugh as mommy had finally admitted she had stolen the cookies.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment