Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - 2 5 6 9

I had my friends come up with either a 1st setence, or a jumble. Numbers which I used a sheet from creative writing class to created a story.
Shared as written. Enjoy.

Chapter 1 - 2 5 6 9

Chapter 1 - 2 5 6 9
The title is the numbers my foster sister gave me for a jumble story. Character(s) are photographer(s) in a shopping mall late at night. Situation being something embarrassing has happened.If you didn't see that, let me know. Just means I need to work on it a little more. Enjoy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
=15pxLaughter filled the mall, echoing as it was late at night. Arlen didn't know what to do. She was caught up in the middle of it all. A friend of hers had fallen into the wishing well fountain that surrounded the backside of the elevator. She was soaked and furious as Arlen still held the camera in her hand. The plan was to take some decent photographs by this attraction, until something went wrong.
=15px'Arlen!!' She screamed as her hands were waving in the air for help. She dropped the camera and left it to lie where she was standing. She grabbed her friend's hands and pulled her out. Words could not describe the anger written on her face.
=15px'Merlin, I-I'm sorry.' Her friend ignored her apology and stormed off to the public bathrooms. A group of jocks from a nearby high school were still around laughing and making crude comments.
=15px'Man, she was looking at you.'
=15px'Dude, did you see her expression before she fell?'
=15px'Priceless.' Arlen couldn't take it anymore. The blond jock had shouted at her friend before she fell. At first it was pointless shouting and rude comments they ignored, but one threw Merlin over the edge. Quit literally, threw her over the edge of the fountain.
=15px'I hope you're happy.' Arlen shouted at the group of boys.
=15pxTheir laughter died when they heard her voice. One snickered at her.
=15px'Quit entertained if you ask me. She looked a little parched. Don't flounder fish belong in water?' Their laughter builded up again as the blond continued his rude remarks.
=15px'How'd you get into the building?' Once again their laughter stopped and remained silent snickers.
=15px'Umm through the door, duh. What are you? A dork fish?'
=15px'Oh, I didn't know there was a petting zoo within this mall. I had figured that goat belonged somewhere there, you mr. Elephant belonged in the zoo, and what aren't you? Extinct because surely two-buck teeth ducks died with the Dinos.' Their silents remained a blessing as they tried to understand what she was getting at. The one referred to at the duck gave a weak laugh.
=15px'No one says Dinos anymore.' His friends began smiling.
=15px'Oh sorry, do you think your reading and comprehend is above a 2nd grade level? So, I can say dinosaur and you would know how to spell it, what it is, and how to say it? Based off your IQs I couldn't tell.' Their smiles faded as they choose to begin walking away. They were the only remaining people of the group in the area. Everyone else had moved on to continue their shopping. 'Have fun at the petting zoo, the actual zoo, and even underground. Bye bye you pathetic boys.' With that Arlen headed to the bathroom to check on her friend. At first it seemed no one was there, but two feet could be seen in one stall. 'Merlin?'
=15px'What do you want Arlen?' her voice cracked as if she had been crying. Arlen gently pushed open the door and found her friend, still soaked, sitting inside the stall.
=15px'They're gone. I'd never let such actual animals treat you that way. Evidently I'm a dork fish.' With that comment, Alren placed her hands, palms facing away, against her cheeks, made fish lips and moved her hands like a fish. A little chuckle escaped Merlin as she looked down at her hands. Arlen placed her hands upon hers and kneeled down to meet eye level.
=15px'They have IQs lower than a newborn. I'm surprised they know how to breath. Just think, if we lived underwater, we'd be like mermaids.' Merlin looked up at her, her eyes slightly shining. She loved mermaids. She believed they were real and wanted to meet one. She nodded her head and softly laughed. Footsteps entered the bathroom, but the girls felt no need to see who it was. They stopped at their stall as the rustling of a bag being separated or placed down was heard.
=15px'I had hoped you were still in here. It may not be your style or your taste, but at least it'll get you out of those wet clothes. It's starting to snow outside.' Both girls turned their attention to a middle aged woman, hanging Arlen the bag. She gave a soft smile to Merlin as her eyes showed sympathy and hurt. It almost seemed as if she had been in the same situation, but no one around to help her. Arlen took it and looked inside before handing it to Merlin and turning back to the lady.
=15px'You didn't have to go out of your way to buy her clothes. It's much appreciated as we just came window shopping.' Arlen stood up and addressed the woman in her kind way.
=15px'Oh it's okay. I've been in the same situation.' So it was true, Merlin had though. Her eyes lit up slightly knowing someone knew her pain.
=15px'Thank you, so very much.' The woman nodded as Merlin shut the stall and began changing into the dryer clothes.
=15px'It seemed there was no blow dryers available, but it wouldn't have been much help as these darn bathrooms have no outlets.' The woman looked around, hands on her waist, huffing in disbelief. She then turned back to Arlen with a warm smile. 'It's good she has a friend like you. I don't believe those boys were raised by their mother.''Thank you. It's just sad how people like them have to get their entertainment from other peoples pain.' The woman nodded just before Merlin came out of the stall. Those clothes fitted and looked pretty good on her.
=15px'You look dashing.' Arlen said. Merlin smiled and gave her thanks once again to the lady.
=15px'I don't need a hair dryer when they have those hand dryers. Works the same actually. Just gotta press the button a million times though.' The woman laughed hysterically and the girls chuckled. Arlen helped Merlin dry her hair from the hand dryers and the lady was quite impressed they had thought of it.  
=15px'Just think, it doesn't have that other end that sucks in air and end up getting your hair caught.' Arlen shouted over the sound. Her hair was short due to incidents like that with her hair dryers. Merlin laughed as it died down. Hitting the button, they continued drying her long hair. She grew it out, hoping one day to be a mermaid. The woman said her goodbyes to the girls as they parted ways.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment