Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Challenge 7, Version 1

SOOO I'm working on 25 challenged, 8 different versions, from a DA friend. Not all are going to be writing. Not all in order

Chapter 0 - Challenge 7, Version 1

Chapter 0 - Challenge 7, Version 1
Stick Around Part 1

Kaiden is what they called her. Her blue hair told them what she was strong in. Her eyes told them she wasn’t one of them. She would wander around, no care in the world, and trouble seemed to follow her. They knew she was the eldest of those under his control. They even knew she was different from them. She had been sentenced to death more than once for disobeying rules. But he would refuse to let them kill her. She trained his newly founded assassins. She trained them to have no mercy, no fear, and especially no personality. She hated every child she would turn that way. She hated the fact she couldn’t run away with the children. The eldest in her group was only 3 year younger than her. He was 10 years of age, and his skills were lagging. If he didn’t pick up his pace, they surely would kill him. These children had no parents anymore. She was their mother, their father, their sister and brother. She was their caretaker and she was only 13 years of age. It killed her inside, as their bodies would act in their washed conditions. Most came in frightened, crying, and in need of a mother. Kaiden comfort them until their memory was taken from their little brains. They would have no memory of their real family, their life, let alone their real names, but she would. It was one reason he kept her alive and there was no reassurance they would ever remember. She wasn’t able to be put under his spell, she wasn’t weak and feeble. She was almost as powerful as him, and she never disappointed.
Their village was split into two. An ongoing war was still in its prime. No other villages were allowed to intervene. This was an internal conflict. Children taken from their parents at young ages, parents assassinated by other children. The villagers could no longer bear it, living in fear they would be killed by their nieces, nephews, grandchild. Watching their children be killed, sacrifices to hold them back. Many women were either widowed or bore no child, but that never stopped some of the brainwashed adults. Suicide was common by pregnant women. Kaiden hated seeing all this chaos knowing she was one of them at fault for this war. She decided to make a change, she decided to do something about it. No one but her could defeat the leader, her master. She was the only one powerful enough, but she couldn’t do it within the village and risk the children's involvement so she fled.
Hoping from village to village, she would change her appearance, challenge the leader of the village, test his or her skills. If they couldn’t handle her nonlethal attacks, she headed to the next village. Her attacks only tested their reactions. It never concluded to them as to why she would take almost every single hit. She did no harm to the village or the people. She only stole food and clothing to keep herself healthy, alive, and able to hide. He was always a couple steps behind her, and she needed to move fast.
Village after village the headmaster would fail. She was getting a little upset as it delayed her and he got closer. She then came to the Sand Village. They had received word about the, ‘Wandering Challenger’. It was funny, they never laid any attacked to get a view of her face or her gender. She was announced as, ‘A man who’s chakra release is water. A close combat specialist but also capable of long range. Keep a lookout. He’s challenging Village leaders.’ She stole from local markets, caused some disturbance to where several ninjas were sent to handle her. They weren’t challenging enough as it took her 5 minutes to lay down 30 ninjas. It eventually got the Kazekage's attention. He addressed her first.
“What is your business here?” They stood face to face as the cloak covered her face. She only gave a grin.
“Are you the leader of this village?” Her voice was muffled, changing it so she couldn’t be recognized.
“So what if I am. What’s it to you?” His harsh, husky voice answered. She could tell he wasn’t too pleased.
“I only handle my business with the leader.”
“What business may that be?” She grinned even more in his response and let out the first attack. First a shuriken, then she leaped back, off the building before several water jutsu hand signs were performed. The sound of her shuriken hitting sand caused her attention to be taken for a second. That second was all he needed before she was being surrounded by sand. She smiles as her jutsu created water around her, blocking the sand from moving any closer to her. Landing on her water, she leaped off, glancing back at the Kage. His eyes gave her the smallest glimpse of shock.

It was a pursuit. Attack after attack she was able to block it, as was he, but she also began taking most of the blows. She even began getting more violent with him, testing him further. So far he was passing, so far his sand deflected all her water needle attacks, all her water punches. It was time for close combat. She vanished from in front of him and appeared behind. Her leg whirled towards his face. His shocked expression returned as his sand deflected her blow. She was gone again. Looking around he was anticipating her next move. Her speed was something he had only seen once before, but that didn’t matter.
Spotting her, he noticed her performing hand signs. He attacked trying to prevent her from finishing, but it was too late. Giant waves of water appeared behind her and rushed forwards. He performed his own signs and sealed them on the ground creating a large sand wall. Water destroyed the wall and took him with it as it made it’s path through the village. Just as soon as it attacked, it was gone. He felt water, she even drank some, but when he opened his eyes, there was nothing. Not a drop on the ground although he was soaked. Looking forward she ran.
He created diversions to slow her down, but she dodged every single one of them. Eventually she vanished like vapor. He began searching. She was no where. What was she doing? What was her initial plan? He knew if she wanted to, she could lay lethal blows, but she didn't. Why? He even knew she could deflect all his hits, yet she let most of them get to her.

Kaiden noticed him thinking. A jutsu of hers, allowing her to blend in with her surroundings, seeming invisible, had fooled him. She saw all the questions race across his face and she smiled in satisfaction. So far he was passing. So far, he was able to keep up with her. Just then a snowflake fell in front of her face.
“No...” She gasped. The kage had also noticed the snow, and he thought it was her. He heard her gasp and attacked. Her reaction time dwindled as it laid a direct blow. She went to condensate but he was on her. Sand surrounded her entire body as she tried to get away. Hit after hit was laid. She had already taken more than enough direct blows from him. He was powerful and there was no hesitation in his blows. She tried using her substitute jutsu, but every time she did, it gave him the opportunity to lay more hits upon her.

By now the snow came in even harder. He was near and he was coming for her. She began trying to flee once again, but the kage was on her tail. He wasn’t allowing her out of his sight again. Her entire body and chakra network pulsed. He was in the village. Turning around she face the kage and gave her final attack. Another typhoon genjutsu and again, he created a wall, but this time he wasn’t so foolish. She turned around to be greeted by a sand wall that wrapped itself around her. She tried to break free, but it was no use. The jutsu ended and he walked towards her. The sand grip got tighter and tighter as she moved. His expression wasn’t pleased as he got closer.
“Who are you?” He asked. She only answered with a smile before she was vapor again. Astonished he was left standing there, looking at where she was suppose to be. His attention was caught when water and snow was seen not too far creating a boundary wall between each other. A female scream followed shortly.
Arriving to the scene he saw an elderly man wearing all blue fighting the person he was attacking.
‘What is his involvement with this person?’ He asked himself. It didn’t take the man long to laid several lethal blows upon the person. Ice shards shredded the clothing of the mysterious person. Blow after blow the kage noticed the attacks towards the older man were more powerful and lethal than the ones he was exposed to.
A puppet soon appeared getting involved and separated the two.
“What are you doing Gaara? This isn’t a side show!” A man in a cat hat and purple face paint yelled. He had just returned from a mission only to notice the snow above the village and knew something was wrong. The kage, Gaara, responded to the man with a glance and when it returned to the fighters, one was missing. The old man stood, looking at Gaara, waiting to be addressed. He gave a smile and bowed.
“Forgive me. I’ve been in search for this person and have been pursuing them for quite awhile. They've caused quite a disruption in other villages. I'm the bounty hunter. I didn’t mean to intrude.” The snow began fading. The village was returning to its dry form.
“Documents please.” Gaara responded. The old man looked at him before handing his papers over. The man in control of the puppet looked over his shoulders and read them.
“Mr. Okiagani?”
“Yes sir.” The papers followed through with what the man was saying. He could fool the wisest man in the entire village without even trying. It sickened Kaiden. The paper work was handed back, and the men parted ways. Gaara still was unsure of what to think about everything.
It wasn’t long until the flurry of snow and water battle began again. The face painted man gritted his teeth as he went off in the direction. Gaara soon followed. The two got involved by preventing any of the other twos attack to land on innocent people. There was a pattern Gaara began noticing. Every time the older man would land an attack, rather than dodging it and having it impact a building, the water user would take the hit. Even if his attack missed, the mysterious person took every blow. The rising question on who this was kept playing favorites in Gaara's head. Even the puppet master began wondering.

Blow after blow Kaiden endured every one of them. She knew if he were to miss her, it could destroy and possibly kill innocent people. It almost began betting unbearable and he knew it. Ice shard after ice shard they tore at her clothing. Eventually he created a dragon of ice shards and directed it at her. She dodged, knowing it would follow her and sure enough it did, but quicker than she had anticipated. A direct hit to her side which threw her almost halfway across the village. Laying on the ground she slowly began collecting her-self only to be pummeled by ice shard after ice shard. Her cloak was dwindling and falling apart with every movement. Getting up she took to the top of the buildings again, sending her water jutsus back at her master. One after another was a distraction leading up to her diversion, but the old man wasn’t a patient one. Lethal attacks came through her water, taking the hood of her cloak right off. Silence arose as both the sand ninjas stared at her. Her blue hair was exposed as her chakra levels dwindled, no longer able to keep her disguise. A woman at most is what astounded them. They were told a man was behind the cloak, a powerful man, but there stood a young woman, not yet a young adult in their eyes. The kage at most was astounded as he had battled her and assumed a man, especially with her speed. The old man only chuckled.
“Come on now Kaiden, come back. Stop playing this head game.” He only said it loud enough for her to hear. She gritted her teeth before attacking full blown. The one on one battle between the two water release ninjas didn’t last long before Kaiden had fallen to the base of the village floor. She had reached her limit, as did her body as it began going numb. She felt every one of her bones that was broken. Her right arm, 3 ribs on the left side, 4 on the right. A pool of blood didn't take long to surround her before her consciousness fell into darkness.

Gaara witness the woman falling and glanced at the man. He went to claim his prize, but Gaara encased her in his sand. The old man looked up at him, bewildered at most.
“Leave my village. You have done enough. As kage of this village, she has become my responsibility as she is within my village.” Both the puppet master and the old man were in complete shock. What was he thinking?
“G-Gaara?”
“Enough Kankuro. Go home and rest. We’ll talk later.” The puppet master swallowed his pride hard, and walked off. The old man didn't move.
“I told you I was a bounty hunter. I’ve been on her pursuit.”
“I said out.” His voice was direct and harsh, giving the old man chills as he bowed and left.
“I’ll be back for her, don’t you forget.” The old man whispered before he vanished in a flurry of snowflakes. Gaara knew and he would be waiting.


Several days had passed as Kaiden woke up. She was being treated by nurses as they finished wrapping her new bandages. Her arm was in a sling and the entire ache came back.
“Well, well, well. She’s awake.” Kaiden turned her attention to a blonde woman dressed in black. She didn’t seem amused as she looked at Kaiden. The puppet master soon entered the room and said the same thing.
“Wanna answer some questions now?” He was persistent and not pleased. She shook her head and rolled onto her side, avoiding their eye contact. A nurse ushered them out, saying they were disrupting the patient. Soon later the Kage entered. He said nothing as he looked at her. She was uneasy and got up. Placing on her torn cloak the best she could she got up, ignoring the pain and turned to head out the door.
“Sorry to have caused you and you’re village trouble.” She said as she walked by him. “I’ll gladly leave your village.” With that she left the room. She waited for him to stop her, but he didn’t. At Least not then and there. She got into the street and walked down the road, heading towards the entrance. The only thing alive and out on the streets was a child, who gave a nasty look to her. Glancing at the child, she was greeted with a rock to the face. She deserved it as the child ran off screaming, ‘monster’. A hand was placed on her shoulder, glancing over it was the Kage.
“I insist you stay until you’ve fully recover. Please, as courtesy for protecting my people.” She was taken aback by this. Had he known what she was doing? Had he known what her intentions were. She only gave a huff of agreement, and returned to the hospital to resume treatment.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment