Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Hall of Abandon

After encountering a Heartless, Sora and crew come across the Hall of Abandon and their journey begins!

Chapter 3 - The Hall of Abandon

Chapter 3 - The Hall of Abandon
Sora clenched his fist and struck the door several times, making his hand go numb. The door dissolved into the air, letting Sora's hand fall through nothing. He stood up and turned around.
"Crap! I wanted to see them before we..."
His jaw dropped.
Before him and his friends, in the room ahead were stacked hundreds of thousands of Keyblades, some piles stretching to the ceiling. The room itself was enourmous, at least a mile long and a fourth as wide, with teeming marble columns extending from the ground to the ceiling. The walls and floors were laced with etchings and depressions that seemed as though they were once resemblances of something. The hall had an ancient feel to it. In the center of the ceiling, was a dome of stained glass, presenting a picture of a heart. Riku approached one of the looming monoliths and picked up a Keyblade. Suddenly, images of unknown people flooded his vision. He dropped the key.
"Memories..." he mumbled.
Kairi looked at Sora and then back at Riku.
"What do you mean?" she asked.
Riku turned to them.
"Memories are some of the most important pieces of the heart. Remember what that guy said? When you lose your Keyblade, you lose half of your heart. Memories are that part that is lost. And we know that once you lose your memories it's like losing your identity..."
Sora and Kairi approached Riku, gazing at all of the Keyblades before them.
"Why would there be so many?" asked Kairi.
Riku looked around.
"I don't know, but I think it's a puzzle that we are meant to solve."
There was a low rumble that echoed throughout the gargantuan hall. It grew louder and louder causing the room to shake with escalating intensity. Keyblades shook loose from the tops of the piles and cascaded down on Riku who was closest. Sora ran forward and yanked an unsuspecting Riku out of range of the deadly avalanche. One particularly large Keyblade cleaved into the floor where Riku had been standing. Riku stared at it, wide-eyed.
"Thanks Sora, I didn't see it coming."
Sora breathed hard.
"Yeah, you woulda been toast!"
Suddenly Kairi looked around frantically.
"Hey! Where's Ichigo?!"
Riku and Sora scanned the surroundings.
"I don't see her.." said Sora.
The three friends looked at eachother drastically.
"We need to find her." said Riku, "Even though she has a Keyblade, she doesn't know how to use it to defend herself."
"True." said Sora, "We had better split up and look for her."
He took out his Keyblade.
"If we get lost or attacked we will send up a red ball of light. That way we can find each other. If one of us finds my sister, send up a blue ball of light."
The others nodded. The troop seperated and entered the mountains of Keyblades. Sora ran through the twisting maze until he reached a wide open space right beneath the stained glass dome. Light flooded through and fell upon the floor, illuminating it with a spetrum of colors.
"So, Sora, you've finally arrived to the Hall of Abandon!"
Sora looked for the source of the familiar voice that spoke. Turning around, he saw a figure hooded and robed in white, and wrapped in his arms with a hand over her mouth, was Ichigo.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sailoraqua13 on October 31, 2008, 1:40:32 PM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Sora, stop standing there and HELP ME! T_T Other than that, GREAT CHAPPIE! ^U^

NobodywithaHeart on October 31, 2008, 1:53:15 PM

NobodywithaHeart on
NobodywithaHeartlmao XD
Sora: But I can't move! The dumb author has to write the next chapter!
*HEY WHO ARE YOU CALLIN DUMB*
Sora: 0.o oopsie

sailoraqua13 on November 1, 2008, 1:05:22 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Ichigo-...I ain't gonna ask! ^U^

NobodywithaHeart on November 1, 2008, 2:49:56 AM

NobodywithaHeart on
NobodywithaHeartOh yeah I'm about halfway done with your pic. It'll be coming soon!