Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Test

After encountering a Heartless, Sora and crew come across the Hall of Abandon and their journey begins!

Chapter 4 - The Test

Chapter 4 - The Test
"I thought you were on our side!" shouted Sora at the mysterious man.
The figure laughed as Ichigo struggled against his firm grip.
"I am on no side. I lean towards doing what's necessary."
"You think this is necessary?" Sora yelled. "Maybe you should let go of my sister! Then we'll decide what's necessary!"
Seeing something out of the corner of his eye, he turned to his left. Rising up to the ceiling, was a red ball of light in the distance. Another appeared to his right.
"Riku! Kairi!"
He looked back to the man, pulling out the Kingdom Key.
"Give me back my sister!"
He ran at them and thrust at the stranger's face, but before the blade hit home, he disappeared.
"I would help my friends if I were you. They could be in grave danger."
The man had reappeared some twenty feet behind Sora, who turned around to face him.
"Give me my sister first!" he shouted.
A portal suddenly appeared behind the hooded man.
"I will free her once you help your friends."
Sora glared at him.
"How can I trust you! What proof do I have that you will hold to your promise!"
"You have no proof just my word."
And with that he disappeared into the portal. Sora ran towards it but it dissappeared.
"You have little time!" boomed the man's voice. "How will you save them both? More importantly, which will you save first?"
His voice echoed in Sora's mind. As crucial time passed, Sora panicked.
"How can I decide! I'm running out of time!"
He knew that Kairi had gone to the left and Riku had gone to the right, but he didn't want to lose either of them. Suddenly an idea popped into his head. He remembered from his times with Peter pan and how he had learned to fly. The only problem was that he didn't have Tinkerbell with him to give him that ability.
'BELIEVE'
The words reverberated through his mind.
"That's it! I have to believe if I want to do it."
Sora closed his eyes and imagined that he could fly.
'I believe I can fly. I believe I can fly. I believe I can fly.'
Nothing happened. He thought harder.
'I believe I can fly! I BELIEVE I CAN FLY!!'
Without warning, his Keyblade gave a lurch in his hand. Sora held on for dear life as the Key lifted him into the air.
'Go to Kairi!' he thought.'Riku can at least hold out for a while.'
The Keyblade, with Sora in tow, flew towards the light on the left. When he reached it he looked down and saw Kairi surrounded by a plethora of Dusks.
"Kairi!" he shouted.
Sora took the Keyblade and threw it downward at the mass of Nobodies, which scattered at the sound of his shout. The key whirled about the Dusks, slicing through them with efficiency. Sora landed on the ground and ran to Kairi summoning the Kingdom Key back to him. He grabbed her wrist, screamed, "Hold on!", and commanded the Key to fly again.
The Keyblade ascended a hundred feet into the air, out of reach of the Nobodies, while Kairi, who was latched around Sora's waist, watched the Dusks fade back into darkness.
"Where is Riku?" she asked, short of breath.
Sora pointed at the red ball of light.
"Over there!"
They flew towards it, and when they reached it, looked down to a horrid sight.
Hundreds of Heartless shadows surrounded Riku, who was collapsed on the ground, and began to jump upon him, smothering him in darkness. Sora and Kairi swooped down to the commotion.
"You're not getting Riku that easily!" shouted Sora.
He and Kairi landed on the ground. Sora walked to the mass of darkness and leveled the keyblade at it.
"HOLY!" he shouted.
An intense burst of white light erupted from the keyblade and cut through the teeming shadows. Cutting through the dark flesh of the Heartless, they disappeared. Riku lay on the ground unconscious. Sora kneeled beside him.
"Riku wake up!"
He shook Riku, who, after a few dreadful moments, eventually stirred. Riku's eyes opened and fell upon Sora.
"The-there was so much darkness..."
Sora spoke.
"It's gone. The darkness is gone. You're still in the light Riku, you're fine."
A tear slid down the side of Riku's face.
"I thought you had forgot about me..."
Kairi kneeled next to Sora.
"Forget?" said Sora, "About my best friend? No way! Besides, I still have to beat you in a swordfight!"
The three friends broke out in laughter. Out of the blue, a voice boomed.
"Well done Sora. You have passed the first test. As promised your sister is free."
"Sora! Riku! Kairi!" called a familiar voice.
They looked over to see Ichigo running towards them.
Sora got up.
"Sis! You're okay!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

sailoraqua13 on November 1, 2008, 6:52:02 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Yes! I'm saved! ^U^

NobodywithaHeart on November 1, 2008, 7:59:14 AM

NobodywithaHeart on
NobodywithaHeartCouldn't have anything happen to you yet! Too early!

sailoraqua13 on November 1, 2008, 8:31:29 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Cool! What are your future plans for the story?

NobodywithaHeart on November 1, 2008, 8:58:10 AM

NobodywithaHeart on
NobodywithaHeartNot 100% sure yet but I'm thinking on adding a few plot twists here and there. The story's about to go in several directions.

sailoraqua13 on November 1, 2008, 9:56:44 AM

sailoraqua13 on
sailoraqua13Cool! ^U^