Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - D.A.R.E (Don't Anger Red Eyes) {PART 5}

Here is my collection of short stories that tells about my OC, Nozomi Kubota, and how she met and came to get together with Naruto Uzumaki. :3

Chapter 14 - D.A.R.E (Don't Anger Red Eyes) {PART 5}

Chapter 14 - D.A.R.E (Don't Anger Red Eyes) {PART 5}
'Ugh...what happened?...I'm so cold...how'd I get out of the water?'

“Nozomi!”

'Huh?...Someone's calling my name...Naruto-kun...?...I dunno...'

“Nozomi, wake up!”

'What the?!' Nozomi's eyes flew open in surprise as a warm pair of lips pressed against hers, breathing air into her. Her eyes widened and she froze as she realized something very important. 'That's not Naruto-kun...it's Suoh-kun! H-how did he FIND me?!'

With as much force as she could muster, the cat girl raised her arms and gave the dirty blond haired boy's shoulders a good, firm shove.

This surprised him, and he pulled away, glancing down at the brunette. “Oh good, you're awake!”

Before Nozomi knew what was happening, she was in Suoh's arms, being squeezed in a tight, relieved hug.

“Nozo-neko-chan, I was so scared...when I saw you go under, and after I saved you you wouldn't respond, I thought...” Tears appeared in the blond's grey-ish eyes, and he hugged the cat girl tighter.

“Um...Suoh-kun...” Nozomi began to speak, only to break off in mid sentence as it got hard to breathe.

“Nozo-neko-chan?” Suoh frowned in concern. “What is it? What's the matter?”

“......Choking.....NOT....breathing........!!” The cat girl sputtered in a strained voice, choking violently.

“Oh....gotcha.” the grey eyed boy mumbled as he loosened his hold on her and began to pat her back, trying to ease her choking.

Slowly the brunette's breathing went back to normal, and she smiled a little. “Thanks...I needed that.” she paused. “So...um...how'd you know I was here, Suoh-kun?”

“Oh, simple.” Suoh grinned. “I'm the lifeguard of this beach...nothing goes on without me seeing it.” His grin widened. “Umm...Suoh-kun? Where's Naruto-kun?”

“Uhh...WHO?” Suoh frowned slightly.

“Naruto-kun,” Nozomi repeated, sighing, “You know...my husband-to-be?”

“Ohhh, you mean the whiskers guy!” The dirty blond haired boy blinked. “...He was here...?”

“Don't play stupid, Suoh-kun...” Nozomi rolled her eyes. “You know I have to be with him almost 24/7 to keep my demon from taking over...or at least you SHOULD know, if you're really the person who delivered the Oni Shoukin Jutsu to Konoha!”

“Well...I didn't actually READ the scroll it was on...” Suoh rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, eyes widening as Nozomi's words fully sunk in. “Wait—10 feet 24/7?!”

The cat girl sweatdropped. “Y-yeah....I can have 30 minutes alone each day, but other than that...” She trailed off and shrugged.

“So, if what you're saying is true...then you're more this guy's prisoner than you are his fiancee! He's FORCING you to marry him, isn't he?!”

“What?!” Nozomi stared at the blond, bewildered. “N-no--I--he--err..." the cat girl sweatdropped. She couldn't exactly tell him the events that had caused the engagement to happen, because that made it sound like he WAS forcing her! Unsure of what to say, Nozomi just stayed silent, looking down.

"Aha! So he IS forcing you!" Suoh tsk-tsked. "Poor girl..I'll tell you what..." The blond gave a small grin, his spiked hair flying up slightly because of the gentle breeze that had kicked up. "Let's run away together...We can figure out another way to deal with your demon..."

Nozomi opened her mouth to speak but was cut off as the boy spoke once again.

"Please, Nozomi- DOn't let yourself be forced to marry sombody you don't love...Take your freedom!"

"Well..I..." Nozomi frowned, "Ok......" she paused. "Suoh-kun...I won't run away with you...I'm sorry."

"But--!- Why?!" Suoh's eyes narrowed. "Don't tell me you're afraid to run away...you did it once before..."

"No, I'm NOT afraid!" Nozomi insisted with a small growl. She frowned and heaved a sigh. "I just can't leave Naruto-kun...I won't."

"But! Why?! Nozo-neko-chan, I LOVE you!" Suoh cried desperaretly.

"Yeah I know but so does-" Nozomi began but was forced to stop talking as Suoh leaned in and caught her lips in a brief kiss.

"Don't you feel ANYTHING when we kiss?!"

Nozomi just scowled at the blond as she folded her arms, trying not to think about the fact that she had kissed him back for some unknown reason. "Yes...I DO feel something........Guilt." The cat girl paused. "I'm engaged to be married to Naruto-kun...I can't behave like this!" She sighed. "That's just the way things are, Suoh-kun...Maybe if I wasn't stuck with Naruto-kun for life we could be more than friends...but we CAN'T...I'm sorry.."

Nozomi stopped talking then, a wave of surprise and confusion washing over her. 'Woah...! Wh--why did I sound so...bitter saying that?! I'm happy, aren't I? I mean, sure I'm upset about being tricked the way I was...but that doesn't mean I would want to LEAVE Naruto-kun, does it?! No, NEVER!! What the heck is WRONG with me?!'

"Hmmm..." A small smirk appeared on Suoh's face as he saw the look of distress on Nozomi's, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're sad you can't be with ME. C'mon," The boy lowered his voice, speaking softer, "He....he doesn't have to know, Nozo-neko-chan....It could be our little secret."

"What?!" Nozomi stared at the dirty blond haired boy in shock. "Oh no you did NOT just suggest I cheat on my future husband!" The cat girl glared at him as he nodded, and she quickly moved away from him.

"C'mon, it's not like he's gonna find out.." Suoh winked, "Not if we're careful."

'Uhhh yeah right...I only get 30 minutes away from him everyday, and he's always waiting for me right outside the 10 foot radius so that he can surprise hug me after or whatever...he'd find out for sure.'

"No, Suoh, I will NOT cheat on Naruto-kun!" The brunette growled.

"Technically you already are cheating on him." The boy pointed out with a small smirk.

"Whaaa..How so?!" Nozomi demanded, eyes widening slightly.

"Well you seem unsure about who you'd rather be with," Suoh's smirk widened, "that AND you did just kiss me back a few minutes ago, if you remember!"

Nozomi grimaced, annoyed that he'd noticed her slip up. "S-so?!"

"Sooo engaged women shouldn't go around kissing guys that aren't their fiance." Suoh answered, still smirking.

"WHAT?! Bu-but I! You--YOU--WELL!" Nozomi stammered angrily. "You shouldn't go around kissing engaged women in the first place!"

'That's it, I have to get away from this guy!' Nozomi scrambled to her feet and glared at the boy. "Well, Suoh-kun, thanks for saving me...but I should really go find Naruto-kun now...he's probably worried sick!"

"...Ok, but don't think for a minute that this changes things."

"Wh-what do you mean?" Nozomi frowned.

Suoh smirked at her. "I mean I'm not giving up on you until you actually choose between your fiance and I..." The boy's smirk gave way to a cheery grin as he waved.. "So, catch ya later, Nozo-neko-chan!"

A drop of sweat slid down the back of Nozomi's head as she gave a half wave, then turned and ran off, desperate to get as far from the boy as she could. He could try all he wanted, but she was not going to be his girl!...Her heart was already Naruto's! So...why did she have this knot in her stomache whenever she thought of the grinning dirty blond haired boy?

The cat girl sighed as she thought back to the first night she'd agreed to be Naruto's girlfriend. She warned him that she wasn't good at the whole relationship thing...Boy was she ever RIGHT!

'Naruto-kun deserves WAY better...' The cat girl hung her head. 'He deserves someone who doesn't behave the way I do...' She smiled slightly. 'I have to get over this...I'm probably just confused because this is the first time I've seen Suoh-kun in so long...and his confession surprised me....But that doesn't mean I LOVE him....cause I already have the best guy there is..and right now, he's the only person I really want to see...'

"Naruto! Naruto!"

Nozomi glanced around and let out a cry of delight as she spoted the blond, who was at the moment, fighting a crab off his tail. "Shoo! Get off! That's mine, not yours!" the boy was screaming, whacking the sea creature's hard red shell. He sighed with relief as the crab lost it s grip and fell onto the sand, snapped its claws at him, then hurriedly skittered sideways into the ocean again. "Oww....stupid crab." the boy sighed and began to stroke his tail where the shelled creature had pinched it.

"Naruto-kun!"

At this, Naruto dropped his tail, forgetting his pain as he heard the voice. "N-Nozomi?" He looked up and relief crossed his features as he saw the cat girl, who now flung herself into his arms and wrapped her arms tightly around him in a big hug.

Nozomi smiled, heaving a deep sigh of contentment, and allowed a soft purr to escape her. HERE was the boy she loved, whoshe belonged to...the only person who'd ever understood her. 'I don't care what Suoh-kun says or thinks...You're the one I want to be with.' The cat girl thought silently.

Naruto's eyes widened in surprise at this. Had Nozomi really just embraced him openly..of her own free will? He blinked and did a double take, please to find it hadn't been wishful thinking.

"Nozo-chan...I'm so glad you're safe..." Naruto smiled and wrapped his arms around her tightly, so scared by her near drowning that he didn't want to let go this time. "I was so worried about you..."

Nozomi heaved a happy sigh and allowed herself a peek at his face, eyes softening as she saw the big grin there, and the way his eyes were sparkling, reflecting the very happiness she herself was feeling.

"I missed you..." Naruto smild wider, resting his head against the girl's shoulder, "How'd you get back to shore?"

"Well..." Nozomi sweatdropped a little as the unwanted image of her rescuer popped into her mind. "Suoh-kun rescued me...it turns out he's the life guard here...heh...if I'd known that we wouldn't have come to this beach..."

"Oh really..." Naruto frowned at the tone of her voice. Something had to have happened, or she wouldn't have sounded so resentful just now. "...What'd he do?"

Nozomi frowned, knowing she wouldn't be able to get away with lying about this one. "...I'll tell you...but remember that no matter what I say...it's YOU I love...NOT him."

"Um...ok.: Naruto grinned as he led the girl back to their towels and they sat down on hers, both wrapping up together in his big towel.

"Well, first..." Nozmoi sighed as she began her story, starting from when she'd woke up, and going all the way to where Suoh had accused her of cheating on Naruto. When the cat girl had finished, she was blushing in shame. "I...I'm sorry, Naruto-kun...I KNOW it's YOU I'm happy with...but he confuses me so much when he does those things..."

Nozomi sighed as the boy failed to answer. "Naruto-kun...I understand if you're mad at me...but can you at least say something?" She looked up at him and frowned.

Naruto's teeth were clenched tightly, his electric blue eyes blazing with what she guessed was rage.

"...I had a feeling you'd be mad at me.." Nozomi sighed. "Naruto-kun, I-"

"I'm not mad at you." Came Naruto's quiet reply, his voice strained.

Nozomi blinked and did a double take. "Wh-what?"

"It's that--SUOH! He makes me so MAD the way he's trying to steal you away from me! That, and!-"

Nozomi blushed as his tan arms suddenly wrapped around her waist, holding her close.

"You've been through enough crap, thanks to him!" The blond was saying, "and now just because he's able to see you again, he's playing with your emotions, and not respecting that you've moved on...he acts like he thinks he can do whatever he wants with you, then makes you feel guilty to top it off!"

"Naruto-kun?" Nozomi said softly, still blushing.

"I'm sorry...I know you forgive him, Nozo-chan...but..." Naruto tightened his grip on the girl, pulling her into his lap and growling protectively, "...If he ever tries anything again...I'll KILL him!"

"Naruto-kun..." Nozomi giggled and settled back, leaning into him. "Don't you think that's going a little too far?'

"Nope. Nothing's too far when it comes to keeping my girl safe!" Naruto retorted, hugging her protectively and resting his head on her shoulder.

"Oh, Naruto-kun...so overprotective..." Nozomi sighed as she forced his arms off of her and turned to face him, snickering at the sad look that had appeared on his face.

"But!- Nozo-chan, I!--"

"Shh..." Nozomi whispered as she leaned in and claimed the boy's lips with hers in a deep, passionate kiss. After almost a minute, the cat girl pulled away and grinned breathlessly. "...I wouldn't have you any other way...Naruto-kou." she panted softly.

Naruto just staredm= in surprise at the girl, blushing hard, but grinning widely.

"Err...that's what you wanted--err, expected- last night when I gave you the ramen, isn't it?" Nozomi blushed as well, but forced herself not to break eye contact. The last thing she wanted now was for him to think she was ashamed to have kissed him like that!

"Y...yeah..." Naruto grinned wider, still blushing hard. She'd kissed him, as well as teased the inside of his mouth a little... 'Who are you and what have you done with the real Nozomi?' he wondered with a small smirk.

"Um...well, I don't know about you," Nozomi said a few minutes later, "but I'm starving...there's something about almost drowning that really works up an appetite." The cat girl giggled sheepishly as her stomach growled suddenly, apparently agreeing with her, and she got to her feet, holding out a hand to the blond and helping him up.

"Ok then." Naruto grinned. "Let's change real quick, then we can go see what kind of food there is to eat here."

Nozomi nodded eagerly. "In that case, I'll be right back." She quickly grabbed her bag and headed to the changing rooms again. Once there, she hurriedly got changed into her netting, skirt and jacket, and slipped on her black sandals, snapping the buckle into place. Then she picked up her bag again, after stowing her bathing suit in a special bag to keep her other things dry, and walked outside, a smile on her face.

'Somehow I feel more relieved, now that Naruto-kun knows what I've been dealing with, and how I've been feeling...It's like I'm at peace at last...He'll help me deal with Suoh's antics...I can relax for once..'

"Ok, Naruto-kun, I'm ba-" Nozomi broke off as she saw the sad look on Naruto's face and she sweatdropped. "Wh-what's the matter...?"

"...I don't see how you deal with your tail," Naruto heaved a sigh, "It's so uncomfortable!"

"What do you me-" Nozomi broke off and laughed, "Oh...you make a hole for your tail to go through, not keep it tucked in like that, silly!"

".....I do....?" Naruto blinked. "....I guess that would work..."

Nozomi snickered and looked away as the blond ripped a hole in his pants and pulled his tail through. "Better?" she asked when he'd finished.

"Well..." Naruto frowned, "I guess...but it feels a little...drafty..."

"Meh, you'll get used to it." Nozomi giggled. "Of course, if you don't wanna deal with drafts, you know how to make the tail and ears go away!"

At this, Naruto's eyes widened, and he shook his head stubbornly. "No, I can handle it, I just need to get adjusted!"

"If you say so." Nozomi smirked.

"I do...now, it looks like we're ready," Naruto smiled, "so let's get going...I'm starved!"

"Yeah, me too...ok, let's!" Nozomi agreed.

Naruto grinned as he gently took the cat girl's hand in his, lacing fingers with her, and they started up the path that would take them into town.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment