Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Thinking of You {FILLER} NEW!!

Here is my collection of short stories that tells about my OC, Nozomi Kubota, and how she met and came to get together with Naruto Uzumaki. :3

Chapter 5 - Thinking of You {FILLER} NEW!!

Chapter 5 - Thinking of You {FILLER} NEW!!
Ok, I've been having writer's block lately...hence the lack of new NaruNozo Files xD;

But I was talking with my good buddy Fireaangel on deviantArt...and she suggested why not do some fillers? You know, for things that take place between my stories :3 I liked the sugegstion, and she even suggested certain ideas...well I got bored a half hour ago, so I went and wrote this little filler ficlet out :3

Tis short but sweet, and was fun to write xD


~Thinking Of You~

'Great...it's raining...AGAIN...' Nozomi heaved a deep sigh as she glanced outside her bedroom window, only to find that it was pouring rain out. Giving a disgusted groan, the brunette turned her stare away from the window, and glanced at her clock, moaning at what she saw.

"No way...it's 6 o'clock, and it's still so dark, and rainy and-- AHH! What am I even doing awake so early anyways?! I'm going back to sleep!"

The cat girl groaned as the rain picked up pace , seeming to fall harder and faster than before, and she burrowed deep under her covers, curling up in a tight ball with her knees tucked under her chin. Her ears were flat against her head, eyes shut tight as she fought to drown out the irritating racket.

After a few minutes of failed attempts to ignore the pouring rain, she shot straight up. "ARGH! SHUT UP!" the genin screamed, flaling her arms, though she knew very well her words would have no effect on the rain. The cat girl sighed heavily and slumped back down onto her bed, pulling the covers up to her face, and rolled onto her stomach, resting her head against her arms.

"Ugh...it had to rain..today of all days..." The brunette grumbled under her breath. "Not that I care, even if today IS my 14th birthday...it's nothing to celebrate." she frowned. "But still...It's ironic that on the one day I should be happy..it would be pouring when I woke up..not fair.."

Nozomi groaned again as the rain only seemed to get louder, thanks to her sensitive hearing, and rolled onto her back, pulling her pillow over her face in an attempt to cover her ears and muffle the noise. This seemed to work...that is, it worked until she realized she needed air. The cat girl gasped deeply, pushing the pillow off her face. 'Note to self: Never face the pillow you're under...it may try to suffocate you!'

Several minutes passed, and Nozomi still lay wide awake, much to her displeasure. Why couldn't she get back to sleep? Usually whenever it rained, she was out like a light the instant she laid down! 'Is it because of what today is?' She wondered. Then it hit her, and the cat girl growled loudly. For she now knew what was keeping her awake, but instead of feeling relieved, she felt more annoyed than she had before!

"It's that stupid blond's fault! HE'S the reason I'm still wide awake like this!" She growled softly, irritation flickering in her sleepy looking golden-yellow eyes. "How does he do this to me, even when he's not here?!" she demanded, not expecting an answer and not receiving one.

"Ugghh! Naruto, this is you're fault for always stalking me! It's because of you I can't go back to sleep!" The brunette heaved yet another sigh.

Naruto (or Ramen Breath as she liked to call him) had always barged in on her on rainy days such as these, his excuse being that she needed to wake up, and when it was raining only he knew the way to do it. He had pulled that trick countless times, always in the middle of a rainstorm- which was exactly why she couldn't sleep now.

She expected him to jump her as he always did...but....he was gone, away for training with the toad sage, Master Jiraiya, for who knew how long. He wouldn't be coming after her on this particular rainy day.

She could remember the day he'd left all too clearly..

FLASH

"N...Nozo-chan....?"

Nozomi whirled around hastily just in time to be grabbed and squeezed tightly in a big hug. "Kyaa! Ramen breath!! Let go of me!" she demanded, trying not to turn pink.

"Aww...but I don't wanna.." The boy in the orange jumpsuit pouted, but released his grip on the cat girl. "I'm sorry," he apologized, watching as the brunette lunged forward slightly, nearly tripping on her tail in her haste to get away from him, and he smiled sadly. "Hey, Nozo-chan....you don't have to worry about me chasing you today....I'm not gonna be here for that..."

"You're not?" Nozomi blinked and glanced back at him, unable to hide her surprise. "W..why?" she asked, mentally slapping herself for sounding sad as she just had.

"Because," Naruto said, feeling encouraged, having heard the sad tone in her voice that she'd tried so desperately to hide. "I'm going away to train with the Pervy Sage.."

"Oh.." Nozomi blinked. "So how long will you be gone?...A week, a month or two..?"

"Hehe...I don't really know, to be honest," Naruto grinned toothily at the girl, "but don't worry...I'll be back soon enough, I promise!"

"Ehhh....why would I worry?" Nozomi rolled her eyes.

"Because, you sounded sad about me leaving." Naruto said smugly at her, looking rather confident.

"Well, I am NOT sad!" The cat girl growled, moving farther away from him. "In fact, I can't WAIT for you to go, I'm excited to have the peace! So there you have it," she finished, "I could care less how long you'll be gone...now goodbye!" The brunette gave a wave, but before she could walk away, Naruto had reached out, grabbing her hand, and pulled her into another hug- one that she couldn't escape.

"Goodbye, Nozo-hime..."

FLASH[/b]

Nozomi frowned at the memory that had just played out in her mind and sunk deeper under her covers, falling silent for several minutes. "It's a good thing I haven't told anybody here my birthday," she smiled widely to herself a moment later, "cause that means I can sleep in!" The cat girl yawned loudly and stretched her arms out, closing her eyes drowsily.

'I wonder what he's up to right now...' She wondered silently. 'I kinda wish I DID know when he was coming back...I miss him...in a way..' The brunette jumped, blushing slightly as she realized what she had said, and she whacked herself on the head lightly. 'No, you could care less, cause you HATE him, remember?!...' She frowned. 'You only wish to know when he'll return, so you can avoid him once again! That's all!'

'I don't miss him...I DON'T...no way! He's so stupid, why would I?!' Nozomi heaved a soft sigh, yawning loudly now. Whatever was going on with her, it was making her sleepy thinking about it. Maybe now she'd finally be able to get some sleep.

With another determined sounding yawn, the cat girl rolled over on her side, curled up and soon fell fast asleep, only one thought lingering in her ever so weary mind; One that she would deny even when she was on her deathbed, and in her grave.

'Well....I guess....I DO miss him...a little...ok...a lot..'

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SatomiTakashida on November 3, 2009, 11:47:54 AM

SatomiTakashida on
SatomiTakashidaGASPETH!!!!the ending was adorable!!!!!!!!!!<3333

FanFictionist on October 16, 2009, 3:37:27 AM

FanFictionist on
FanFictionistaawww...the ending of this chapter was soooo sweet!
<:D
it almost makes me wanna cry!

FREAKING...AWESOME