Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter I

On her fourteenth birthday, Mitsuki Konohara''s world proved to her how cruel it really is. After her mother was hit by a car, her last words to her sent her on an adventure to find her father and prepare for a battle from long ago.

Chapter 1 - Chapter I

Chapter 1 - Chapter I
What does it mean to die? That question is all about opinions. My theory is that to die is to lose all hope in finding happiness again; to have your heart fade away. My death took place yesterday.

I stood there, frozen in fear. "It's too late." I thought. "I can't do anything."

Laying before me was my mother, unmoving on the ground in the middle of the pool of blood. I fell to my knees and placed my shaking hand on her back. "Promise me, Mitsuki... That you will find your father. If you were to die without a fight... I might not be able to bear it." My mother's voice shook with fear.

I shook my head, "I won't go asking him for help! Not after he abandoned us!"

"Mitsuki, you are fourteen today. You have his lycan blood in your very veins... You have a duty to prove that your sin does not exist."

"What sin?!" I yelled. "What... what is this world?!" Never have I been so scared. My mother was the only one I was ever close too. Without her, I may as well be dead.

My mother's eyes swelled with tears as she said, "Don't let anyone take away... who you really are..."

Those were the last words I heard from her. That night, for the first time, my dream was different. Every night, ever since I was born, I've had the same exact dream. I would be standing in a pitch black room, throwing off all of my senses, and a dark figure would be slicing my throat slowly. Every night the cut grew just a hair bigger. Even so, last night's dream was different; it was terrifying.

I was running on a blood-red path with white flowers stained with red growing along it. At the end of the path, my mother was waiting for me. I ran and ran and ran, never getting any closer. Then I tripped and fell to the ground, scraping my whole side. At that instant, the same black figure stood above me and held it's knife to my heart as it's voice crawled through my body and echoed through my ears. "Your sin is your murderer, you are your sin." It said as I woke up screaming.

At that moment, I promised my mother "I will search for my father's pack, and I will prove to you that I am who I am, and no one will change that. Ever."

So now, I am running. I've passed several different cities and thousands of different people, but one thing was for sure: Thee endless path is the same and the infinite sky is the same. So surely I must still be sane. The ground had become an incredibly thick forest, blocking out all light and senses of self-assurance. I felt my body weaken and my vision fade, but I refused to give up. Then I heard footsteps pick up behind me and I knew that it was a wolf looking for its next prey.

"No." I thought. "I won't let them catch me." With such a decision, energy pulsed through my body. My paced quickened drastically and my eyes flared with determination. My name is Mitsuki Konohara, half human half lycan, and I refuse to die by the hands of anyone but myself. I swear that by the time of my death, this fight will be over.

The energy dissolved suddenly, and my body collapsed to the ground. "I promise you, mom. I didn't go down without a fight, even if it was a pretty lame ending. I'll see you soon... alright?" I gasped those words with my ending breaths. The last image I saw was a large figure standing against the moon. Then it went black, and I knew it was all over.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Oakstar123 on October 19, 2010, 5:05:23 AM

Oakstar123 on
Oakstar123wow this is pretty short. =3= It was like three pages when I wrote it out. Oh well.

In case anyone wonders, Mitsuki had an adrenaline rush. XD