Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter II

On her fourteenth birthday, Mitsuki Konohara''s world proved to her how cruel it really is. After her mother was hit by a car, her last words to her sent her on an adventure to find her father and prepare for a battle from long ago.

Chapter 2 - Chapter II

Chapter 2 - Chapter II
My eyes blinked open from the sunlight shining in. My body was intensely warm and was sticky from sweat. I felt the stone ground around me to confirm it was really there. "I'm not dead? Where am I?" I thought.

"So you're awake? Great!"

I nearly jumped out of my skin as that voice rang out of nowhere. I cautiously turned my head, preparing for some magical, rainbow monster to be waiting. "Wh-who're you?"

When I turned to look at the creature behind me, a jet black wolf lay there as his tail swished along the ground. "Hiya!" he barked. "Welcome back to the living!"

I wiggled a few inches back. "What do you mean? Who are you? Where am I?"

The black wolf rose to its paws and laughed, "Relax, will ya? Alpha will explain everything to you. Just sit here and chill, you've been out for a few days." The black wolf then turned and ducked out of the den.

Memories began flooding back to me. Not of when I blacked out, but of what I had dreamed of. I sat in that pitch black room again, alone. My hands were permanently stained with blood as my body shook violently from the same exact words repeating over and over again throughout the darkness. "Your sin is your murderer, you are your sin."

"What does that mean?" I questioned myself. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice the footsteps approaching the den.

"You there. Girl." A firm voice ordered my attention instantly.

"Y-yes?" I shrunk from fear of the powerful presence. A large, muscular wolf stood shadowed in the arched entrance.

"State your name and where you're from." The large wolf demanded.

"Mitsuki Konohara, I came from Tokyo." My voice became shaky and quiet. Something about this wolf made me shy away from him.

The black wolf stood next to him, not too much smaller than the large one. The black wolf glanced at the wolf next to him then returned his attention to me. The larger wolf then said, "Very well, Mitsuki. I am alpha here and the wolf next to me if Jet, our beta. Please allow him to show you around and our rules."

I began to nod before suddenly shooting to my feet, "But, wait! I can't stay here! I need to find my father's pack!"

The alpha's eyes narrowed, "Which pack does your father lead?"

I hesitated slightly then responded, "Elite Pack. It's my highest priority to find it. I promised my mother I would before she died!"

The alpha's eyes suddenly turned overwhelmingly cold, as if crying to themselves, as he turned and left the den. Jet turned his head to call after him, but he decided not to and looked back to me. "I'm sorry, Mitsuki-kun. Elite Pack is no longer... standing."

"What do you mean?" Fear began to flare up inside of me.

"Your father was leader of that pack, correct? That's right... Kairo Konohara. After he returned from Tokyo with medicine for the sick, he discovered his pack to be in flames. Literally." Jet's eyes seemed to have shone as they replayed the scene. "Alpha was extraordinarily close to Kairo... you could say. To tell you the truth, Mitsuki-kun, your father is dead. He disappeared after that."

The fear inside of my disappeared instantaneously. This feeling was not fear, it was the loneliness of failure. Now, I was alone. I literally don't know anyone anymore. The one person I was closest to is gone, and the one faint light of hope I had had dissolved. Once again, I had died.

Jet continued, "That name is to be unspoken of at all costs, understand?"

"Yes, sir." I looked down to hide the hate burning in my eyes.

"Then you will remain here with us? If not, you are an intruder and we are to either chase you our or eliminate you for good. We did save your life, after all."

My heart no longer exists and yet I owe an entire pack my life. I have no right to disrespect them, and I have no reason too. I am not ungrateful, just sad. "Yes, sir." I murmured. "I will stay."

"Very well then." Jet bowed his head to me and left the den to myself.

I collapsed to the ground and an extremely sad and lonely smile formed on my face. "My deepest apologies, mother." I spoke into thin air. "I'm running away."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment