Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Initial Reactions

This is the story of Akara, the Red Demon of Kiri, her life as a new Suna nin, and the demon she fell in love with.
ChaosShipping, IgenShipping, YakusokaShipping (MariaKabuto), HyperShipping

Chapter 2 - Initial Reactions

Chapter 2 - Initial Reactions
HI! I learned something interesting...Tori means bird in Japanese, and it's the tenth symbol in the zodiac...it explains a lot...


Akara had no idea where she was.

She sat up in bed, the sharp antibacterial smell telling her she was in the hospital. She shook her head to clear the fog and attempted to assess the situation. It soon occurred to her that she was in Suna, and as she raised a hand to rub her eyes, she felt a tug on the skin of her wrist. Looking up, she saw an IV stand beside her.

Concentrated rehydration serum...at least they aren't stupid...

A nurse walked in, all bronze-brown curls and silly smiles. Akara was forcibly reminded of her former sensei.

"Kazekage-sama wants to see you. Wash up and get dressed quick, and I'll get Kana to escort you to the tower," she said happily. Akara blinked her emerald eyes, and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~

Gaara was struggling with a finance report when the girl walked in. He heard the nurse accompanying her walk down the hall, and he shoved the report away.

"What is your business here?"

"I am a simple shinobi with no place to go, and I wish to join Suna's army in order to make a new life for myself."

Gaara nodded. It was a good reason.

"Very well. Previous rank?"

"Chuunin."

"Previous affiliation."

"Kirigakure."

Gaara paused. Now that he thought of it...Kiri wasn't Suna's ally...

"Why did you leave?"

"They gave me a choice between banishment and death. I'd rather be banished but alive than dead and my name spit upon."

She did have a point: Kiri was notorious for badmouthing their own shinobi.

"Speaking of names...your name?"

" Yashara no Akara."

He stopped again, then looked up at her in surprise.

"Akara of the Demon Eye? The legendary Red Demon of Kiri?" He narrowed his eyes. "How old are you?"

"Fifteen. I'm suprised you know of me."

The fifteen-year-old Kazekage sighed. "You're in the Bingo Book. You are a Chuunin, but your skills rival those of even the most dangerous S-class criminal."

The girl smiled. Gaara didn't know why, but that smile gave him the chills.

"Well, you obviously don't require my assistance: you can fill out that registration form yourself." She turned to leave. He stood, and called out to her.

"Wait."

She sighed, and faced him. "What?"

He looked at her skeptically. "How do I know you are who you say you are?"

She smiled that same blood chilling smile.

"Fight me."

Ooh...what do you think will happen now? I smell a fight scene coming up! Comment plz.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KionaKina on October 6, 2007, 3:34:35 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaOh my...THIS is gonna be good. Update, Tori. Update. And look into my stories, I'm starting a new one and you will be in it