Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - This Is Why I Hate Memories...

This is the story of Akara, the Red Demon of Kiri, her life as a new Suna nin, and the demon she fell in love with.
ChaosShipping, IgenShipping, YakusokaShipping (MariaKabuto), HyperShipping

Chapter 11 - This Is Why I Hate Memories...

Chapter 11 - This Is Why I Hate Memories...
New Chapter...*throws more confetti*


Gaara and Akara sat together later on during the festival. It was about eleven at night, and yet everyone was still out and about.

"So, Gaara-sama..."

"Yes?"

Akara hesitated. unsure of how to continue. "Temari-chan wanted me to tell you that she's sorry about the kimonos."

"I see."

They sat in silence once more, just staring at the people passing by. Suddenly, Akara spoke.

"Gaara-sama, what do you think about life?"

He turned to look at her, obviously confused. "What about it? You live, then you die. Not much to it."

"Yes, but do you believe that people get what they deserve? Do you believe that people are given a predestined death?"

"Listen to you," he said, turning irritably to face the passers-by again, "you're beginning to sound like Neji did when he was a Genin."

"Gaara-sama, be serious."

Gaara stared at her again. "No, I don't believe in destiny and predetemined death! Okay?! Drop it!"

Akara sat silent, and Gaara turned away once again.

"I believe in it. I believe my father was let off easy."

"Please, Akara-san. You had it way better than a hell of a lot of other people out there."

She glared at him. "You think you're so smart, don't you?"

"I don't think, Akara-san; I know." She glared for the longest time, before she smacked him in the head.

"You think you're so sad, just because you're a survivor. You think you're above everyone else because you had a hard childhood. Well here's something to think about: My father began beating me when I was three. Then, when I was ten, he started raping me." Gaara stared at her, faintly suprised at what he was hearing.

"We can all survive, Gaara-sama. We just don't have to be so goddamn sad doing it." Akara sat up, and walked away, kimono swishing behind her.

Gaara sat stock-still. Horrified, he thought about what she'd just told him. Rape was something he found unfathomable. It was a crime he didn't tolerate. Apparently, the council in Kiri didn't like rape any more than he did, because they usually gave the death sentence to rapists. Rape was more than just forcing a woman or man to have sex with you: it was stealing someone's innocence, someone's integrity. It was more than just a crime: it was a sin against another being.

Even when he was still under the influence of Shukaku, he'd abhorrored rape, seeing as Shukaku had told him all about the demon values and etiquette. Rape wasn't something demons did: demons saw it as a crime to be punished only with death. Demons believed that a woman's consent to anything was equal to gold, and Gaara still held this view (even if the other views were slightly altered to make him a little more socially acceptible). So the thought of any man, especially the father, raping a little girl: well, it just made him sick. No person should be sane after an experience like that, and yet Akara was still as sane as the next kunoichi (not saying much, considering all the kunoichi he knew were psychotic).

Gaara sighed. Well, he'd just royally screwed up. Oh yeah, he'd screwed up big time.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Stupid Kazekage...he thinks he's so smart..."

"Panda-chan?"

Akara snapped out of her brooding to see her friend Kaori standing nearby.

"Hi Kaori. Where's Ki-chan?"

Kaori sat down, and patted the bench seat beside her. "She went to go get dango with Lee. What's wrong? You performed very well at the finale, so why such a long face?"

Akara sighed. "I told Gaara-sama about my father."

"WHAT? When?"

"Just now."

Kaori noticed Akara trying not to cry. Sniffling, the blonde wrapped her arms around the other kunoichi. "Akara, it's okay to cry. Just let it out."

"Why does it hurt, Kaori-chan," whispered Akara. "It hurts to think about him."

"Akara, if only Maria-sensei and I had thought to turn him in earlier, then..."

"Kaori, if it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I deserve my scars."

"Even this one?"

Kaori pressed the side of Akara's torso. Akara stiffened.

"Yes, Kaori," she said, rubbing the spot, "Even that one."

~~~~~~~~~~

The youngest of the Sand Siblings was searching through the crowd. Finally, he spotted a honey-colored head of hair, and began to walk toward it. Luckily for him, Kaori wasn't with Akara at the moment.

"Kaori-san?"

She turned, and felt her natural shyness come seeping back.

"Kazekage-sama...what's wrong?"

He sat her down. "We need to talk about Akara."

A glimmer of understanding lit her face. "What do you want to know?"

Short chappie, I know...I'll have a larger one up when I'm not quite so tired.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FluffysPrincess2968 on December 10, 2007, 7:37:36 AM

FluffysPrincess2968 on
FluffysPrincess2968*sniff* Th-that was s-so.......SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TT_TT *cies*

PandaChan21 on December 10, 2007, 8:26:58 AM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Don't cry, please!!!

KionaKina on December 2, 2007, 1:37:15 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaWow, that was so sad... *Hugs Akara* There there, lovey, it's ok. (I am saying that in comments sometimes, not sure why 8Shrugs*)

Great chappie, Tori. Your fic is beautiful

PandaChan21 on December 2, 2007, 12:52:35 PM

PandaChan21 on
PandaChan21Aw, thank you Kay! You and Temari begin plotting in about two chappies...so prepare for matchmaking fun...

KionaKina on December 4, 2007, 9:14:59 AM

KionaKina on
KionaKinaWHOO-HOO!!!

I love you Panda-chan! You ish tres awesome!!!!

I get to matchmake. *Dances*