Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Finding of Fire

Fire Nation........
 
"How can A fire bender live among the Earth Nation?' they say, but Nikalia Azure Garngia think she can. Thinking that she is just abnormal until she finds out she is one of the fire Nation -explaining

Chapter 1 - The Finding of Fire

Chapter 1 - The Finding of Fire
Pat, Pat, Pat

The sound of bare feet sprinting through the sandy earth, along with roars of flames that engulfed a poorly built house. Screams shifted through the ears of young ones, making the intrusion worsen. Right infront of the house, a boy raced by the burnt house with his muscles flexing under his tan cotton shorts, which have been torn long ago from the field work. A mop of brunette hair fluttered in the wind, pairing up with two olive green eyes and light beige skin.


"Where is the Fire Nation, Bonco?" he snarled, as a old man walked passed him, raising his hands into an earthbending stance. He raised his hands, and clasped them together, bringing a boulder up from the ground. The man's sturdy hands punched it forewards, knocking it into the fire. He stood up, and pointed out towards the sea, where steam rose from the ground, hissing violently under the deck.


"Neiko, where have you been.. the Fire Nation attacked us 3 hours ago."

" I was running errands,"

" For whom, your mother?"

" Don't tease like that Bonaco!"

"Sorry. You know you are more mature than others 14 year olds"

"Is that a complament?"

" No, not really"


Bonaco lowered his head teasingly, then he suddenly turned his head, nearly cracking his neck. He twitched, blinking softly as sounds from the cliff rolled into the ears of the Earth Nation men. Fire flickered over the top, as a woman like body tumbled down the rocks, leaving scraps of crimson blood on the crest. Neiko raced along the road, but stopped with a faint gasp.


"MOM!... no.. no... NO!" He raced towards her dead body, and slipped his hands under her burnt back. Single tears rolled down his face, as his mother took a softly breath. Neiko smiled joyfully and rubbed againist her soft face as a softly smile spread across her face. She lifted her finger up towards the top of the hill, but then her heart stopped. The mother of Neiko was dead.


Neiko released her now cold body, and watched her dull black hair fall down onto the sand. Neiko sniffled softly, watching her green eyes close for the last time. The boy winced softly, then glared up at the cliff where her mother last pointed. He stood up, and then looked at Bonco, whom bowed in respect for Neiko's mother. He looked over at the moutian, with stern and envious eyes, and started up, and with the help of Bonaco he reached it rather quickly. Peering over, the smell of burnt wood raked at his nose, making his eyes water.


He jumped over the side, looking around of that Fire Bender whom killed his beloved mother. "Nothing," he murmured softly, as he turned back towards the ocean. He clutched his fist in anger, but unaware that he was walking backwards he tripped over a rather large object in his path. With a thump he crashed onto the tree, and yelped, grabbing his short knife under his shirt. Neiko grimaced, but it faded away as a tug on his toe. He stared down, and spotted a little baby girl, dressed in fancy clothing. He cocked his head, and put way his dagger, watching the small baby. She sputtered softly, and giggled as a tiny flicker of flame came out of her finger.


Neiko blinked softly, and lifted the baby into his arms. The baby yawned softly, and fell asleep, as the boy place her againist his shoulder. Smiling softly, he patted her shoulder, and started down the cliff, trying his hardest not to wake her up. Reaching the bottum, Bonaco was sound asleep, snoring loudly. Neiko rubbed the baby's brown hair, and kicked Bonco, whom instantly woke up in shock.



" Where did you find that baby?"

"On the cliff"

" Is she an Earth Nation?"

"No"

"Then what, she can't be a..."

" She is"

"How do you know"

"She's already knows firebending"

"How"

"I don't know!"

" Well, they must be teaching her at a young age!"


Neiko looked at the man sternly, and looked away, pondering hard. Bonaco rubbed his chin softly, and fianlly gave a soft sigh of concern.Neiko looked up, biting his lip softly, and then muttered softly " I guess we have to keep her.... so she doesn't go into she war....and she must not know about the war..ok" Bonaco looked at him softly wide eyes, but then he nodded in agreement.


"What should we call her, Neiko?"

"Dunno, what do you think?"

"Umm... Sasha"

"That's my aunt's name"

"Right, heh"

" How bout... Sokkia?"

" Ok, that's weird."

" Fine"

"How Bout... Nikalia..Whatcha Think Bonaco?"

"That's a nice name"

"Yeah"


The two looked down at the sleeping baby, and smiled in agreement, so that Nikalia Azure Garngia could rest and live in peace with The Earth Nation....


Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Iceshadow on July 14, 2006, 8:32:49 AM

Iceshadow on
IceshadowGood so far. I like it.

Centaur4eva14 on July 12, 2006, 4:53:35 AM

Centaur4eva14 on
Centaur4eva14It's really good

Pencil_Drawn_Wolf on July 11, 2006, 1:21:19 PM

Pencil_Drawn_Wolf on
Pencil_Drawn_Wolfyay!