Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - On the roof top

They find a new titan who has an... interesting past. Will there also be a little romance on the side? Between who?

Chapter 5 - On the roof top

Chapter 5 - On the roof top


Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update. I just haven't gotten many reviews so I didn't really want to post immediately. Plus I've been buried in Homework! Kill me now! Well here a go and remember, REVIEW!!! Oh yeah, I forgot. Thanks Hotshot45 for reviewing!



Chronicles of a New Titan

Chapter 5- On the roof top





That night, as Beast boy slept, he started morphing. First a turtle, then a groundhog, a bird, a mouse, a cat and a dog. When in his dog form, his ears perked up. He tiredly opened his eyes, changed back to normal and sat up and listened. What was that? He closed his eyes and strained to hear. There it was again, a faint noise, coming from the roof.



Cautiously he got out of bed and crept upstairs. When he reached the door tot he roof, he put his pointy ear against the cool metal and listened. It was a strange noise, like someone was crying.



He quietly pushed open he door and peered out across the roof. It was dark, but the moon was nearly full and he could see a small figure sitting on the far side. The person was sitting on the edge of the roof with their back to him and they were shaking. Beast boy silently walked over to the figure and softly whispered,



“Holly?” he asked as he put a gloved hand on her trembling shoulder. He took a step back as she quickly stood up and spun to face him.



“Oh, *sniff* hi Beast boy.” she said in attempt to sound cheerful. She hastily wiped her face with the back of her hand.



“You okay?” he asked her softly. Her eyes were red and slightly puffy. She sniffled and wiped her eyes again.



“Yeah, I'm fine.” Beast boy just stood there and stared at her, his mouth set in a serious yet gentle straight line. His green eyes penetrated her. It felt as if he was staring into her soul, trying to figure out what was wrong.



“Okay.... I'm not fine.” she said as she ducked her head in defeat. She went back to her spot on the roof and Beast boy sat next to her. For a minute they sat in silence, dangling their legs over the edge. Holly sighed and Beast boy turned his head to look at her. The moonlight seemed to make her flawless skin glow.



“Holly?”



“Hmm?” she looked at him.



“Why are you up here?” he asked softly. She sighed again and looked out over the roof tops again and a single glistening tear slid down her cheek.



“I guess I was just thinking.”



“About...?”



“Lots of stuff.”



“Do you wanna share?”



“I guess. I was ten when my mom died. It was horrible. But that's just the beginning of my... misery.” she paused and sniffled a little before continuing.



“She was amazing! I guess my dad thought so too, because when she died, he started drinking. He was drunk all the time. Our small apartment always stank of liquor. And my dad was a mean drunk.” Holly's voice was filled with bitter hatred. Then it cracked and she started crying fresh tears. She buried her face in her hands and sobbed while Beast boy looked at her sadly.



He placed a comforting arm around her shoulder and pulled her into a warm embrace. She put her hands on his chest and leaned her head on his shoulder. Tears continued to fall from her eyes as she stared out across the rooftops once again, but she felt calmer and not to mention safer. Like she would never be hurt again. Beast boy held her close and stroked her long, slightly curly, golden hair as he stared out at the city trying to process what she had told him. After a few steadying breathes, she continued.



“He used to beat me. Badly too. I used to lock myself in my room, hoping he wouldn't look for me. Sometimes he did, other times he didn't. One day, I got fed up and I ran away. But he found me.” Holly shut her eyes tightly and momentarily buried her face in his chest while she composed herself. Beast boy kept the comforting arm around her as he stared blankly at the city. Inside, he was shocked and angry. `How could someone do this!? Especially to someone like her.'



Holly took a deep breathe and put her head back on his shoulder and slowly continued her tragic story.



“He beat me really badly after he found me. When I woke up he felt guilty. He was more sober. He didn't want to do that again, but he didn't want to give up his `precious alcohol'.” her words were filled with anger and spite.



“He ended up letting me go. So, I've been living on the streets for five years. It hasn't been all bad though.” she added quickly at the angered look on Beast boy's face. “There was a martial arts school that taught several types of fighting, like karate. They also taught me how to fight with weapons or just about anything else. Anyways, I would work for them, doing chores and stuff. In return, they would give me lessons and sometimes they'd pay me, so I never really starved. It was a pretty good deal. I would wander around town helping people and that's how I met you guys.”



She stopped and just sat there, her head leaning on his shoulder. Beast boy continued to stare ahead trying to look emotionless. It felt like he was going to explode with all his shock and anger.



“Soooo...” Beast boy broke his gaze and looked at her and her now calm expression, “where'd you live?”



“Streets, for the most part.” she said nonchalantly.



“I'm sorry.” he whispered.



“Don't be.” she looked at him and smiled, he smiled back. Then they both turned back so they were looking out across the city again.



The golden rays of the sun started to come out and lite the city. Holly gasped at the wondrous sight and Beastboy sighed. He had only seen the sun rise a few times from the Tower, but every time the sight amazed him.



“It's beautiful.” she breathed.



“Yeah.” `Just like you.' he added mentally.



The wind had picked up a bit and the breeze hit them, causing Holly to shiver. She scooted closer to him and he re-wrapped her in a warm embrace as they watched the sun fully rise.







I know I know! Lame and totally and completely fluffy! RobinIsAwesome, DON'T KILL ME!!! *runs for cover* Trust me and don't worry!

OH! Member guys, you hafta review!


Comments

Comments (11)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Plainntall on November 9, 2005, 11:03:55 AM

Plainntall on
PlainntallThanks! ^_^ I love constructive critisim and you inspired me to write more!!!

Luke_Lombard on October 26, 2005, 2:08:13 PM

Luke_Lombard on
Luke_Lombardyeah. i just looked at ur profile... sorry... lets get HER!

Luke_Lombard on October 26, 2005, 2:06:13 PM

Luke_Lombard on
Luke_LombardROBIN ROBIN ROBIN ROBIN ROBIN! BB+Terra= happy BB+Holly+:( Robinisawesome, lets get him!

By the way plainntall, wanna do a colab? i've got a cool idea for a new char. im gonna enter some titan writing soon, mabye some art. wait and see...

Plainntall on July 25, 2005, 7:41:25 AM

Plainntall on
PlainntallAwww.... Thanks RaeandBB! That's sooo sweet! I can't find the journal I was writing my story in, but if I can't find it soon, I'll just type it up.

RaeandBB on July 23, 2005, 2:39:35 AM

RaeandBB on
RaeandBByou have to make a next one this is sooo awsome, my attempt at writing a story failed:P i have to read this more!!!

Plainntall on June 28, 2005, 3:00:18 PM

Plainntall on
Plainntallfuzzyfuzz- I never really planned on this to be a SF& Robin story. I'm still not sure who will get Holly, but I think I know what I'm going to do with the story. ;)

fuzzyfuzz on June 28, 2005, 9:40:40 AM

fuzzyfuzz on
fuzzyfuzzI thinks i knows whats gonna happen...buts i won't say....good job!^^

Plainntall on June 24, 2005, 10:03:32 AM

Plainntall on
Plainntallgolfcoursedemongopher- YOU FINALLY READ IT!!!!!!!

I'm working on the next chapter (kinda)I'll work on it some more soon.

golfcoursedemongopher on June 24, 2005, 4:28:56 AM

golfcoursedemongopher on
golfcoursedemongopherawesome story plainntall.try to update fast your leaving my brain on cliffhanger and that isnt a good idea!anyways good story cant wait to read the next chapter

Plainntall on June 20, 2005, 11:38:28 AM

Plainntall on
Plainntallkoolmasha- I've been playing around with ideas for couples and I'm still not sure, but I'll keep that in mind. I also totally agree! ^_^