Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Puppy Love

A Day of Tsuzuki Torment
After taking one of Watari's potions, Tsuzuki becomes A PUPPY, and when Watari creates an antidote that fails, WHAT WILL HE BE NEXT!?

Chapter 1 - Puppy Love

Chapter 1 - Puppy Love
"Yaaaawn."

A teenager with light brown hair rolled his emerald eyes, "Geez Tsuzuki, you slept till one in the afternoon and you're still tired?"

A man with darker brown hair and amethyst eyes pouted, "Hisoka, I was up late last night, working on the paperwork you made me work on!"

"So, it's your own fault for not finishing it on time!"

A door opened and in walked a man with glasses and brown hair, "What's this about Kurosaki making you do your work?"

The man's eyes were cold and and Tsuzuki hid behind Hisoka, "Save me!"

Hisoka rolled his eyes, "Stop it Tsuzuki, your acting like a child."

Tsuzuki's eyes welled up with tears at this point, mumbling incoherently in a pouty, tear-dripping voice.

Hisoka merely rolled his eyes.

~In the Afterworld, there is an institution where the sins of the dead are judged. It is called...The Ministry of Hades. Within the Ministry's vast judgement bureau is the Summons Department. The Department's distinguished agents are the Shinigami--The Guardians of Death. When wayward spirits or other problems threaten to bring the cogs of eternal justice to a grinding halt...they go into action. ~

        Asato Tsuzuki and Hisoka Kurosaki, two partnered Shinigami, facing their next toughest case, at least for Hisoka, on account of Tsuzuki's terrible...sweet tooth.

Several hours earlier....

An elderly man stared anxiously at Tsuzuki and Hisoka, "I need you both to go to the human world, and buy me some sugar-coated onigiri." (Seawood covered rice ball, usually coated with sugar or salt.)

Hisoka rolled his eyes, obviously in distaste at the idea.

Tsuzuki however, jumped around with glee, "Yummy!"

Chief Konoe, (The elderly guy) shuddered, "Just go!"

Several hours later....

Tsuzuki's eyes were bright and shining, "Mmm! Think of all the treats I can make!"

Hisoka considered this and turned slightly pale, muttering "Ugh.."

Tsuzuki took no notice and continued hopping around, forcing Hisoka into several stores before slowing down.

Tsuzuki smiled enthusiastically, "Okay! We're all good!"

Hisoka glared, "Idiot! You forgot the reason we came here in the firstplace, the onigiri!"

As Tsuzuki's mouth turned down in a frown a man with long blonde hair tied back in a hair-tye walked up smiling, glasses shiny in the sun, "What a surprise!"

Tsuzuki turned and smiled broadly, "Watari!!!"

Watari smiled, "It just so happens I have some onigiri I'd be happy to share."

Tsuzuki's eyes glittered, " Really?!"

Watari smiled innocently, "Of course, I would like you to do me the small favor of testing my instant sex-change potion."

Tsuzuki backed up with an expression of feigned fright, "No thanks!"

Hisoka meanwhile was rolling his eyes impatiently, "Come on, we have to go Tsuzuki!"

Watari dangled onigiri in one hand, and a potion in another, "Hmm?!" Tsuzuki rolled his eyes as well, then quickly took the potion and drank it, and after waiting a moment nothing happened. He handed Watari back the empty bottle and took the onigiri, running after Hisoka, and leaving behind a terribly confused and dissapointed Watari.

        After giving Chief Konoe his onigiri, and going back to his own house in the district sections, Tsuzuki began cooking up some food with his new ingredients.

Humming softly to himself, he suddenly paused staring forward, and looking confused, then a loud, poof , and the room was filled with a smokey substance. As it cleared, a small figure ruffled on the floor, covered with mounds of clothes, Tsuzuki's clothes, and from the pile, a small dark brown puppy, fluffy and adorable, with a big poofy tail, and long ears, something of a cross between wolf ears and cocker spaniel ears.

It stared stunned with large, amethyst eyes, and yipped softly, attempting to stand. The puppy fell back down, unused to it's paws, and slowly grasped a concept of using them. Padding slowly across the floor it came to a table and stared up at it looking puzzled and upset. The puppy was small, about the size of a decent sized shoe. It prodded over to the door and began jumping at it, attempting to open it, and failing miserably. It stared up at the door handle for a moment, then noticed an umbrella in the corner, after struggling to grab it with it's mouth it brought it over and latched it on the door handle, yanking and opening the door. It dropped the unbrella and dashed out using a paw to slam it shut.

It ran down the hall frenzied straight into Hisoka and hitting his legs the puppy fell back dazed.

Hisoka looked down incredulously at the puppy and picked it up gentle, holding it up by its mid-section, "Where'd you come from?" Hisoka looked around expecting to see an owner come rushing after it, but none came and he stared at the dizzyed puppy.

The puppy slowly opened it's eyes and Hisoka stared at them curiously, "What kind of dog has amethyst eyes?"

The puppy regained awareness and stared at Hisoka for a moment, then it's eyes grew larger and began barking furiously, "Hisoka! It's me Tsuzuki! Watari's potion did this, I just turned into a dog..."

As he continued his tirade of barking, Hisoka raised an eyebrow, hearing only barks, "Calm down, I'll bring you to Tatsumi, maybe he'll know where you belong."

Puppy Tsuzuki's eyes grew bigger and he whined softly, Hisoka took no notice and walked up to a large door, and after knocking stepped in. Seated behind a desk was the man who had earlier scared poor Tsuzuki, "Tatsumi?"

The man looked up, "Hello Kurosaki." Then, upon seeing the puppy he frowned, "What is that?"

Hisoka shook his head, "I don't know, it came barreling into me in the hallway."

The puppy stared at Tatsumi, yipping occasionally, and Tatsumi noticed what Hisoka had initially noticed, "It has amethyst eyes."

Hisoka nodded, "I've never seen a dog with eyes that color."

Tatsumi frowned deeper, looking thoughtful for a moment, and then grimacing slightly, "Neither have I." He suddenly rose from his chair and walked to the puppy, "May I?"

Hisoka paused confused, then realized what he meant, "Of course!"

Tatsumi gently took the puppy from Hisoka and lifted it eye-level, then after a moment, "Tsuzuki?"

Hisoka's eyes widened and he looked shocked, and his eyes grew wider as the puppy nodded furiously.

Tatsumi regarded him for a moment, then attempted to give him back to Hisoka, whose hands didn't go up to accept.

Tatsumi shifted his eyes then turned and set Tsuzuki on the desk, Tsuzuki's eyes slightly downcast that Hisoka didn't want to hold him. Not really because he wanted Hisoka to hold him, just because he felt Hisoka didn't want to touch him at all, as if he was icky for being a puppy.

Hisoka noticed the slight change in his eyes and stepped closer, kneeling down to be eye- level with Tsuzuki, who in turn simply stared.

Tatsumi had been making a phone call and turned, "Watari is on his way, I'll be right back." Tatsumi abruptly exited the room, leaving Hisoka and Tsuzuki.

Hisoka stared, face blank as usual again, then, "Is it really you Tsuzuki?"

Puppy Tsuzuki gave what appeared to be a toothy grin and nodded, and he barked out, "Yes."

It was then that the door opened and Tatsumi entered followed by Watari, Hisoka stood, straightening up, and Watari immediately rushed to Tsuzuki, "This is amazing! Your a puppy!" He began petting and prodding Tsuzuki with a true scientist's interest, Tsuzuki growled and barked indignantly.

Watari paused, "Jeese, someone's touchy."

Tsuzuki glared daggers, causing Watari to laugh, and both Tatsumi and Hisoka's faces twitched slightly, though they didn't laugh.

Tatsumi spoke up, "I assume you have an antidote."

Watari coughed and turned looking sheepish, "Well, I sorta," he began twiddiling his pointer fingers at this point, "Forgot the original potion, making an antidote will take awhile."

Tsuzuki began barking angrily and Watari turned back to him, "Don't worry Tsuzuki, my potions are never permanent anyway...most of the time...aheh..."

Tsuzuki growled low and Tatsumi abruptly took charge, "Watari, begin the antidote immediately, and Hisoka, your in charge of Tsuzuki."

Watari protested, "He should be with me!"

Puppy Tsuzuki shook his head furiously, barking, "No..No...No!"

Watari pouted momentarily, then after a scary look from Tatsumi, Watari ran from the room.

Hisoka sighed and rubbed his head, "This is gonna be a long day."

Tatsumi nodded in agreement, proceeding to pull out a collar and leash from some boxes in the corner.

Tsuzuki's eyes widened and he whimpered, and Hisoka looked at it curiously, "Why do you have a leash?"

Tatsumi responded simply, obviously not wanting to engage in a conversation about it, "I'm always prepared."

He turned to Tsuzuki and clamped the collar on him before he was able to protest and handed the leash to Hisoka, "Please keep him out of trouble."

Hisoka nodded and Tsuzuki pulled at the collar looking pleadingly at Hisoka and Tatsumi, Tatsumi in turn shook his head, "Dogs aren't supposed to be here anyway, let alone without a leash, besides, you'll cause havoc otherwise."

Tsuzuki's puppy eyes widened into a look of hurt innocence, and shook his head and barking indignantly, "Will not!"

Tatsumi stared icily, and Tsuzuki's eyes grew wide and he whimpered.

Hisoka lifted Tsuzuki from the table setting him down and holding the leash, Tatsumi gave a nod, "I'll stop by soon and check in on you both."

Hisoka returned the same nod, "Thank you." With that he exited, dragging a whimpering Tsuzuki out.

Hisoka turned and glared, "Tsuzuki stop being a baby, just walk."

Tsuzuki drooped his head and walked silently behind Hisoka, a familiar, but more dog-like mumbling trailing throughout the hall.

        Upon reaching Hisoka's room, he opened the door, allowed Tsuzuki to enter, and shut it.

Hisoka stared seriously at Tsuzuki, "Do not touch anything, do not get hair everywhere and if you have to go to the bathroom, you will suffer."

Tsuzuki muttered to himself, "There's nothing to touch."

Hisoka turned glaring, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Then both Puppy Tsuzuki and Hisoka paused and stared momentarily stunned, then Tsuzuki barked, "You can understand me?"

Hisoka remainded motionless for a moment then nodded slowly, "I think it's my empathy, since I knew you before, and since I've gotten used to your barking."

Tsuzuki tilted his head confused, "What do you mean?"

Hisoka hesitated then, "Well, I knew you before, that enhances the empathy ability the more I know someone, and it makes it easier to turn on or off. You being a dog, you give off different waves of emotion, but after finding out it was you, and because you were human before, it makes it easier for me to read you."

Tsuzuki tilted his head more,

Hisoka sighed, "You used to be human, plus, I know your emotion wave pretty well."

Tsuzuki barked, "Emotion wave?"

Hisoka sighed further, "It would be like your emotions were music and everyone has a different station, I'm used to your emotion channel."

Puppy Tsuzuki barked happily, "I get it now! Hehe, I feel special your so connected to me, Hisoka."

After fixing Tsuzuki with a solid, and pointed glare, Hisoka collapsed down on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

Tsuzuki began moving towards him then remembered what Hisoka had said and froze, stopping and sitting down.

Hisoka lifted his head towards him then rolled his eyes, "You can come on the bed."

Puppy Tsuzuki yipped happily and bounded over, being picked up by Hisoka, who then took to lie back down staring at the ceiling again.

Puppy Tsuzuki settled down on his stomach and stared silently at Hisoka. For a moment, neither moved, then, Hisoka turned annoyed, "What are you looking at?"

"Nothinnnnng." Tsuzuki yipped.

Hisoka turned on his side and glared at the wall, causing Tsuzuki to grow concerned, "What's wrong Hisoka?"

Hisoka didn't move, "Nothing, just be quiet."

Tsuzuki drooped his head and rested his head on his paws sadly, Hisoka turned sensing it, "What's with you?"

Tsuzuki just stared, Hisoka glared, "Why aren't you saying anything?"

Puppy Tsuzuki looked up at him and barked, "You told me to be quiet."

Hisoka paused looking incredulous and annoyed at the same time, "That's what made you sad?"

Tsuzuki shook his head, causing his ears to flip around, "No, I'm sad cuz' your mad."

"...." Then a sigh, "I'm not mad Tsuzuki."

Puppy Tsuzuki lifted his head and yipped happily, "Your not?"

Hisoka shook his head, "...No."

Puppy Tsuzuki leapt up in a moment of happiness and tackled Hisoka, licking him gratefully.

*Today's Comedy Routine # 1.*

Hisoka widened his eyes, "What are you doing, get off me!"

Puppy Tsuzuki pouted, "I'm happy that your not mad at me."

"So!?"

Tsuzuki jumped again on Hisoka, "I'm just showing you I like you!"

Hisoka blushed furiously, "Whad'ya mean!? Idiot!"

Puppy Tsuzuki pouted further, "WAHH!! You called me an idiot!"

Hisoka glares, "You are one!"

(Credit for that little Comedy Routine to volume six of Descendants of Darkness.)

After some frustration, Hisoka let out an exasperated sigh, "I'm gonna see how Watari is doing, you better not do anything"

Puppy Tsuzuki smiled innocently, "Of course not!"

Hisoka gave him a stern glare then walked out, shutting the door behind him.

However, a small item stopped it from closing all the way.

Tsuzuki saw this and debated, before the puppy urge in him throttled him through the opening in the door, running through the hallways, (not the hallways of which Hisoka was occupying) and manuevering outside.

        "Freedom!" barked Puppy Tsuzuki exuberantly. He ran around to various spots and sniffed, taking care of his business, and wandering around, amazed at how different everything was as a puppy. Then, he ran into a very unexpected person, a man with two black, jagged marks on both cheeks, black hair, and slit eyes like an animal. Tsuzuki barked, "Terazuma!"

However it was mostly to himself which resulted in Terazuma not hearing. Normally, upon seeing each other, they would have began fighting with each other, however, Tsuzuki didn't want to risk it in his puppy form, and Terazuma didn't recognize him, he kept his eyes low so Terazuma wouldn't notice their unique color.

Terazuma smiled and leaned down petting Tsuzuki, "Heya buddy, where'd you come from?" Tsuzuki didn't answer just ruffled slightly, his normal side unhappy about the petting, his puppy side enthralled. Terazuma noticed the leash and collar, "Hmm, no name but you've got the leash and collar, s'kinda weird." Terazuma stood and began walking in the forest, "You can come if you want."

Tsuzuki was overcame with puppy instinct, normal instinct, and curiosity, so he ran after Terazuma.

        Puppy Tsuzuki walked behind him slowly looking around curiously, Terazuma just smiled softly, apparently pleased at the company.

A rustling in the bushes attracted both Tsuzuki's and Terazuma's attentions, and from the bush a large, leathery demon came out, oozing and pointy and rushed Terazuma knocking him into a tree. Terazuma collapsed, disoriented by the blow and tried to see straight.

Tsuzuki barked with alarming force, "Terazuma!" Then ran at the demon, biting it hard in the leg, and drawing sticky, green blood.

The demon slammed Tsuzuki aside with no more effort than one might have used to swat an annoying fly.

Tsuzuki slammed through a tree and became punctured in the side by a sharp rock. He yelped in pain and stood weakly, trying to focus. He saw Terazuma stand and use a fuda on the demon, who prepared to slam Terazuma again.

Tsuzuki rushed and slammed his head into the demon's side, and collapsed unable to move and breathing heavily. Terazuma exacted another fuda and the demon dissinegrated, Terazuma then walked over and stood above Tsuzuki, not seeing the wound in his side due to the way Tsuzuki was laying.

He knelt down, "Tsuzuki?"

Tsuzuki tried to lift his head but couldn't, and managed a weak bark, "Y..." He didn't finish his word, and he flinched in pain.

Terazuma then took notice of his wound, by seeing the growing puddle of red blood around Tsuzuki's body, and his eyes widened, he held out his hands and chanted under his breath and Tsuzuki was enveloped in a shiny red light. When it ended Tsuzuki was healed and he stood slowly, staring cautiously at Terazuma.

Terazuma didn't frown or smile, he just stared, then, "So, you are Tsuzuki?"

Puppy Tsuzuki nodded, finally allowing his amethyst eyes to show and Terazuma moved his jaw slightly, "Why did you try and fight the demon?"

Puppy Tsuzuki paused, not expecting the question, then barked, "I couldn't just leave you to some demon, I thought he had knocked you out."

Terazuma remained expressionless, "You didn't really save me but still..."

Puppy Tsuzuki stared for a second, "You healed me, so we're even."

Terazuma shook his head, "You wouldn't have been hurt otherwise."

Puppy Tsuzuki didn't respond to that merely went on, "How did you know it was me?"

Terazuma smiled softly, almost to himself, "I heard you shout my name."

Puppy Tsuzuki paused then his eyes lit up with realization, "Your transformations! That's why you understand me!"

A nod was the response of Terazuma, then, "What happened to you?"

"Watari's potion did this to me and he doesn't have an antidote."

Terazuma stood, then beckoned for Tsuzuki, "Come on."

Puppy Tsuzuki paused, then followed obediently, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Healing me."

Terazuma didn't stop but his step faltered for a second, then he smiled to himself and said softly, "Your welcome."

As they stepped from the forest, they were met by an enraged Hisoka and a humored Watari.

Hisoka was shouting, "I'm going to kill him when I find him."

Watari laughed, quite amused, "That won't do any good."

Hisoka just glared, "That idiot!"

Puppy Tsuzuki had hidden behind Terazuma at this point, whimpering softly.

Terazuma chuckled, "Over here!"

Puppy Tsuzuki wailed, "Terazuma!"

Then began running from a very peeved Hisoka, "Hisoooka! Don't be so mean!"

Hisoka glared then grabbed the dragging leash, holding it, and causing Tsuzuki to jerk back when the limit had been reached, "OW!"

Watari rushed over, "Calm down, Hisoka, killing him won't help."

Hisoka reluctantly gave Watari the leash and glared at Tsuzuki, who in turn hid behind Watari sniffling and teary-eyed.

Watari then noticed Terazuma, "Thanks for returning our darling puppy, we were so worried."

He snickered, and Terazuma gave a faint look of amusement, "What're you going to do now?"

Watari smacks his forehead, "Oh yeah! The antidote is at my lab, your welcome to come Terazuma."

Terazuma shrugged, "Why not."

Back at the lab...

"Drink up Tsuzuki!"

Tsuzuki eyed the potion suspiciously, and growled softly.

Watari shrugged, "Guess you wanna be a dog forever."

Tsuzuki glared, then lapped up the potion and waited.

Watari turned to Hisoka, "Do you have his clothes ready?"

Hisoka gave them to Watari, "Here."

They all turned and waited, then the loud, poof, and the room filled with smoke.

As it began to clear, a lovely, angelic voice gasped, "No!" Watari felt Tsuzuki's clothes being ripped from his hands, and then the lab door opened.

The smoke cleared and Hisoka and Terazuma looked around confused, and Watari stared at the door, "That was odd."

                                                 TO BE CONTINUED:

        

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KingdomHeartShera on October 17, 2006, 3:40:13 AM

KingdomHeartShera on
KingdomHeartSheraIt looks like it's good, but, well, you can make it so it's easier to read. The paragaphs are a little long, and hard to get through.

For example, your beginning paragraph: every time someone new speaks, put it on a different line. Ex:

"Hello! How are you?" said Lena.

"Good, and you?" Trixie replied.

Instead of: "Hello! How are you?" said Lena. "Good, and you?" Trixie replied.

Same thing with the actions of different characters. Also, use one type of format: don't put *jumps* or stuff like that if you're talking about an action someone is doing; stick to one format, like you do later on, and be careful about your tenses. You seem to be using a mixture of roleplaying and normal writing formats; just stick to one, 'kay? Preferably normal. :)

I'm really sorry if I'm sounding like a b***ch or a know-it-all, but this really does look like a good story and I just wanted to give you some hints to make it better. Other then that, it looks pretty good. ^.^

blackcat686 on April 25, 2006, 5:20:33 AM

blackcat686 on
blackcat686Really funny story:) Please update soon!