Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Squirrle camp

Princess Marinia and her friends in th first story to contain them all-
ok, more chapters....i'm really slow at typing, so this is alot for me.

Chapter 1 - The Squirrle camp

Chapter 1 - The Squirrle camp
Marinia & Zhinari
{and Koji, and Matt}
_________________________________________
Chapter 1

Marinia sat in the early twilight gently coaxing fresh flames from coals left by the previous night's fire. Zhinari was still asleep and Marinia was relaxing in the few moments she had alone.
Breakfast was nearly ready when her companion finally awoke. They ate in silence, contented by each other's presence. They had only the few most essential traveling supplies with them, and after picking up their meager belongings, they set off. “I suppose it shouldn’t be much longer before we reach Kellnaria." Marinia stated." Good. I can’t wait for us to whop their stinky lizard butts! We’ll give them something to think about for generations to come - if there are any survivors!" Marinia shook her head. “Our task isn’t to annihilate their entire species just to..." "Retrieve the Black star memory devise for espionage headquarters... but I still plan on whooping them-So there." Marinia sighed. “Ah, well, at least there will be no lack of excitement with you around." "Yup, that's the idea."
Two small squirrels scurried up and stopped in the path right before the two travelers. One bowed,"M'lady, an' Zhinari." Marinia replied; "Yes Scarramaser?" "Honorable Leaders, it appears that entrance through the small western gate will not be possible. Shall we hold back until the situation is changed?" The princess shook her head. "More than like our Young spy has gotten himself caught. No, the stakes now include a young Garfe's life, too. Zhinari, if you think we can, I believe we should attempt scaling the fortress walls themselves - tonight." "Alright, Marinia, as long as you want to take the risk..." Zhinari's wry remark stood as a painful reminder of Marina’s past experiences with climbing up vertical surfaces. Marinia lowered her eyes at Zhinari's remark then raised them again. “Then it is decided. We climb at Sunset." "Ok...as long as you think you can." the squirrel who had not said anything previously now stepped foreword. "Come. Night will not come for several hours yet." She spoke in a high, squeaky voice. "We will take you to our camp."
They soon entered a clearing overridden with squirrels. There were no campfires, but many different tents could be seen on the ground as well as in the sturdier branches of the nearby trees. On one of the edges of the clearing sat a few Garfe members and most-humans. Marinia and Zhinari, no longer accompanied by the first two squirrels, started across the camp. The multitudes of squirrels parted like the red sea before them nearly instantly. Ever since rescuing them from incessant infighting, all most-humans were now revered to as "Honorable Leaders". The squirrel’s activity resumed as they sat down alongside their own kind. "Oh, hi Marinia, and Zhinari! It’s good to see you again!" A wolfkit shorter than most Half-humans, though still taller than Marinia greeted them. "Ah! Koji, my dear friend, where have you been?" "Never mind that," Zhinari cut in,” Koji, Where's Princess?" Koji sighed and shook his head. "He was sent to open the small western gate." Zhinari rolled her eyes. "Oh, GREAT. We have to rescue him again?" "Apparently."
Marinia looked directly at Koji. "Who let him be sent this time?" "Well, he was kind of the only volunteer." "It's ok. We’ll get him on our way out tonight." Marinia Sighed. "Tonight?" Koji exclaimed. Zhinari raised her eyebrow. “Miss Brave-heart here decided we would climb the wall tonight." Koji looked a little concerned. "Marinia, not again... remember what happened last time?" Marinia heaved another sigh and glanced down."Yeah. I know." She gazed deep into his eyes. "Koji, I have to do this."
There were no more disputes.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment